Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Positivity slowly creeping back in?...
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 225 Guests

Positivity slowly creeping back in?...

This thread currently has 2,665 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
JMT
January 26, 2015, 8:17pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +473
Gold Stars: 19
Genuinely seems like we are starting to get a positive vibe back around Blundell Park and the club in general..

It's been a while since i have been this optimistic and this positive.

alot of other people have been like this too.

is this the start of the good times returning and getting our selves back into league football or are we jumping ahead of the gun and getting a bit too excited by these signings and recent events?

Lets hope this positivty continues and we cheer the team back into the football league! UTFM!
Logged Offline
Private Message
acko338
January 26, 2015, 8:22pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,222
Gold Stars: 33
Look again after the next 6 matches to find improvement and points on the board !

A few hard games ahead !!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 15
MarinerWY
January 26, 2015, 8:24pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,988
Gold Stars: 47
Slowly creeping back in? This forum is like a hormonal teenager, the emotions change faster than you can recite the she-sells-sea-shells tongue twister a couple of times. It literally was only 10 days ago that every flipping post was a pop at Hurst, the squad, Fenty, Hurst again, and a downright condemnation of doom for everything involving GTFC.

Now it's really positive, deservedly so. Fickle isn't the word for football fans really: it's too much of an understatement!!
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 15
davmariner
January 26, 2015, 8:35pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,911
Gold Stars: 79
Got to replicate all this good feeling on the pitch. Two top results, hopefully we can grab the next 6 games by the balls, and twist.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 15
AlanPoutonsTackle
January 26, 2015, 8:36pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +57
Forest Green are an example of a club who bring in good quality signings and flatter to deceive. Good signings yes. The second half of the job is getting them playing as part of this team. Good sign but 2 defeats and the feel good factor will disappear. Lets just call it a tentative step forward for now. Get too excited to quickly and I guarantee you will be on here in 3 weeks time demanding PH is removed immediately. But I am happy with the new lads and can't wait to see them play.

"With a minute to go Buckley said keep it in the corner, I thought he meant the top corner." - Jim Dobbin
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 15
ginnywings
January 26, 2015, 8:39pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
I aint getting carried away. Been there, done that and been let down too many times.

I've thought all along that we are a play off side and i still think that, albeit one who now have a better chance of first making those play offs and a better chance of prevailing if/when we do get there.

Think we've been lacking firepower for too long. Palmer has made a good impact and hoping Jolley does the same. We'd have to go on one hell of a run to win the league outright but you never know.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 15
Lincoln Mariner 56
January 26, 2015, 8:44pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,688
Gold Stars: 73
For me still require a midfield player who can take a game by the scruff of the neck as I rarely see us dominate in this area. Realise it is not easy to get the right player at this level to do that job but heres hoping.

As others have said we face a pretty tough run of fixtures so lets hope the new guys can settle in straight away
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 15
MuddyWaters
January 26, 2015, 8:59pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
We now have a competitive squad on paper, but remember football isn't played on paper. Happier with PHs attitude at the weekend, we now need to deliver. I still believe we can win this tinpot league!
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 15
psgmariner
January 26, 2015, 9:26pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Out the trophy to soddin gateshead , signed a striker who FGR thought was too excrement and signed another flipping full back who is a crock.

UTM

Private Message
Reply: 8 - 15
sonik
January 26, 2015, 9:27pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +23 / -9
Approval: +28
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from MuddyWaters
We now have a competitive squad on paper, but remember football isn't played on paper. Happier with PHs attitude at the weekend, we now need to deliver. I still believe we can win this tinpot league!

Does that mean your 5th game of the season this weekend against Telford?

The Futures Bright Its Black And White!
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 15
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Positivity slowly creeping back in?...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.