Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Positivity slowly creeping back in?...
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 416 Guests

Positivity slowly creeping back in?...

This thread currently has 2,651 views. Print
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
January 26, 2015, 9:33pm
Guest User
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56
For me still require a midfield player who can take a game by the scruff of the neck as I rarely see us dominate in this area. Realise it is not easy to get the right player at this level to do that job but heres hoping.

As others have said we face a pretty tough run of fixtures so lets hope the new guys can settle in straight away

Max Porter and Klukowski are both not getting time for Newport.

Marvin Johnson, Stefan Payne , Omar Bogle, Marc Cullen, Alex Wall, Ricky Miller are just a few names who wouldn't be bad signings.

Has Pond been injured at Fleetwood or is he just not getting a look in?

Reply: 10 - 15
MuddyWaters
January 26, 2015, 10:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from sonik

Does that mean your 5th game of the season this weekend against Telford?

No!
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 15
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
January 26, 2015, 10:13pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from ginnywings
I aint getting carried away. Been there, done that and been let down too many times.

I've thought all along that we are a play off side and i still think that, albeit one who now have a better chance of first making those play offs and a better chance of prevailing if/when we do get there.

Think we've been lacking firepower for too long. Palmer has made a good impact and hoping Jolley does the same. We'd have to go on one hell of a run to win the league outright but you never know.

We have some important games ahead starting tomorrow. Winning the league is unlikely but not impossible for a side on a run with confidence and some goals in it. I agree we have seen far too many false dawns but the hairs on the back of my neck are reserving judgement for a few games before deciding to stay flat or stick up.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 15
ackomariner
January 27, 2015, 5:05am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from sonik

Does that mean your 5th game of the season this weekend against Telford?

Just can't help yourself

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 15
A.l.f.
January 27, 2015, 7:02am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +687
Gold Stars: 7
Think we need to win tonight before we can even consider winning this league.  Then take each game one at a time and see where we are after Feb 14th and then share the love and all get behind the club for the final push.  It could be a bumpy ride but who knows it may end with us all smiling.  If its play offs - would feel more confident with this squad than in the last 2 seasons.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 15
DocTower
January 27, 2015, 7:30am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Too late really for the top spot but good additions to our , " on paper , " squad   .  Get the right balance and definitely play offs ,  then it's in the lap of the gods .  

Still lots of twists and turns before the end of the season , but this is one of the delights of following Town .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 15
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Positivity slowly creeping back in?...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.