Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: JMT, January 26, 2015, 8:17pm
Genuinely seems like we are starting to get a positive vibe back around Blundell Park and the club in general..

It's been a while since i have been this optimistic and this positive.

alot of other people have been like this too.

is this the start of the good times returning and getting our selves back into league football or are we jumping ahead of the gun and getting a bit too excited by these signings and recent events?

Lets hope this positivty continues and we cheer the team back into the football league! UTFM!
Posted by: acko338, January 26, 2015, 8:22pm; Reply: 1
Look again after the next 6 matches to find improvement and points on the board !

A few hard games ahead !!
Posted by: MarinerWY, January 26, 2015, 8:24pm; Reply: 2
Slowly creeping back in? This forum is like a hormonal teenager, the emotions change faster than you can recite the she-sells-sea-shells tongue twister a couple of times. It literally was only 10 days ago that every flipping post was a pop at Hurst, the squad, Fenty, Hurst again, and a downright condemnation of doom for everything involving GTFC.

Now it's really positive, deservedly so. Fickle isn't the word for football fans really: it's too much of an understatement!!
Posted by: davmariner, January 26, 2015, 8:35pm; Reply: 3
Got to replicate all this good feeling on the pitch. Two top results, hopefully we can grab the next 6 games by the balls, and twist.
Posted by: AlanPoutonsTackle, January 26, 2015, 8:36pm; Reply: 4
Forest Green are an example of a club who bring in good quality signings and flatter to deceive. Good signings yes. The second half of the job is getting them playing as part of this team. Good sign but 2 defeats and the feel good factor will disappear. Lets just call it a tentative step forward for now. Get too excited to quickly and I guarantee you will be on here in 3 weeks time demanding PH is removed immediately. But I am happy with the new lads and can't wait to see them play.
Posted by: ginnywings, January 26, 2015, 8:39pm; Reply: 5
I aint getting carried away. Been there, done that and been let down too many times.

I've thought all along that we are a play off side and i still think that, albeit one who now have a better chance of first making those play offs and a better chance of prevailing if/when we do get there.

Think we've been lacking firepower for too long. Palmer has made a good impact and hoping Jolley does the same. We'd have to go on one hell of a run to win the league outright but you never know.
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, January 26, 2015, 8:44pm; Reply: 6
For me still require a midfield player who can take a game by the scruff of the neck as I rarely see us dominate in this area. Realise it is not easy to get the right player at this level to do that job but heres hoping.

As others have said we face a pretty tough run of fixtures so lets hope the new guys can settle in straight away
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 26, 2015, 8:59pm; Reply: 7
We now have a competitive squad on paper, but remember football isn't played on paper. Happier with PHs attitude at the weekend, we now need to deliver. I still believe we can win this tinpot league!
Posted by: psgmariner, January 26, 2015, 9:26pm; Reply: 8
Out the trophy to soddin gateshead , signed a striker who FGR thought was too excrement and signed another flipping full back who is a crock.

UTM
Posted by: sonik, January 26, 2015, 9:27pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from MuddyWaters
We now have a competitive squad on paper, but remember football isn't played on paper. Happier with PHs attitude at the weekend, we now need to deliver. I still believe we can win this tinpot league!

Does that mean your 5th game of the season this weekend against Telford?
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), January 26, 2015, 9:33pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56
For me still require a midfield player who can take a game by the scruff of the neck as I rarely see us dominate in this area. Realise it is not easy to get the right player at this level to do that job but heres hoping.

As others have said we face a pretty tough run of fixtures so lets hope the new guys can settle in straight away

Max Porter and Klukowski are both not getting time for Newport.

Marvin Johnson, Stefan Payne , Omar Bogle, Marc Cullen, Alex Wall, Ricky Miller are just a few names who wouldn't be bad signings.

Has Pond been injured at Fleetwood or is he just not getting a look in?

Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 26, 2015, 10:11pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from sonik

No!
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, January 26, 2015, 10:13pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from ginnywings
I aint getting carried away. Been there, done that and been let down too many times.

I've thought all along that we are a play off side and i still think that, albeit one who now have a better chance of first making those play offs and a better chance of prevailing if/when we do get there.

Think we've been lacking firepower for too long. Palmer has made a good impact and hoping Jolley does the same. We'd have to go on one hell of a run to win the league outright but you never know.

We have some important games ahead starting tomorrow. Winning the league is unlikely but not impossible for a side on a run with confidence and some goals in it. I agree we have seen far too many false dawns but the hairs on the back of my neck are reserving judgement for a few games before deciding to stay flat or stick up. ;)

Posted by: ackomariner, January 27, 2015, 5:05am; Reply: 13
Quoted from sonik

Just can't help yourself
Posted by: A.l.f., January 27, 2015, 7:02am; Reply: 14
Think we need to win tonight before we can even consider winning this league.  Then take each game one at a time and see where we are after Feb 14th and then share the love and all get behind the club for the final push.  It could be a bumpy ride but who knows it may end with us all smiling.  If its play offs - would feel more confident with this squad than in the last 2 seasons.
Posted by: DocTower, January 27, 2015, 7:30am; Reply: 15
Too late really for the top spot but good additions to our , " on paper , " squad   .  Get the right balance and definitely play offs ,  then it's in the lap of the gods .  

Still lots of twists and turns before the end of the season , but this is one of the delights of following Town .
Print page generated: April 19, 2024, 1:56pm