Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jolley and Gregor sign until the end of the season
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 265 Guests

Jolley and Gregor sign until the end of the season

This thread currently has 12,646 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Mrs Doyle
January 26, 2015, 3:49pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Well if this does not show our intent i don't know what does, well done Hurst and Fenty now to really give this final run in one to remember must give the rest of the lads a boost to know we are serious about getting back in the league proper. Now it's up to us to give them some support make BP a lions den.

come on up the feckin mariners!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 72
Garth
January 26, 2015, 3:55pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Hell of a squad now, some real good players vying for a place in the team, looking good for the rest of the season UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 72
BottesfordMariner
January 26, 2015, 4:57pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +13 / -2
Approval: +1,312
Gold Stars: 9
Both these look quality signings and will  improves the squad and the team.

I think it gives the fans a big boost as well just when we were resigning ourselves to another probable play off failure. Credit to the manager and JF for making it happen.

We have been ok at the back for the most part this season and Robertson will presumably just slot in for Thomas. Parslow now provides cover.

Scoring goals has been a bit of a problem (as it has in recent seasons) but when you look at the attacking talent we have now, add loan of Palmer who looks pretty good so far, there really is no excuse.
Dont know what if means to Palmers future at BP but i would keep him to the end of the season as well.

so we have to pick from up front:
LJL
JPP
Palmer
Jolley
Arnold
Hannah
Watson

Compares well with anyone else's options.

7 strikers...even Man City dont have that many. Can a Conference side carry that many? Expect one or two will be allowed to go out on loan or permanently.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 72
Mrs Doyle
January 26, 2015, 5:10pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
I know it's asking a lot but I would really love it if we could keep Olley Palmer at least until the seasons end. He is a talisman and as already proved a hit with the fans but more than this his presence gives others time and space. He also holds the ball up brilliantly giving our defence a rest wins the ball and chases everything.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 72
TownSNAFU5
January 26, 2015, 5:26pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,851
Gold Stars: 42
Our performances and results usually deteriorate from the 1 Jan.  This year the trend is to maintain the good form from earlier in the season.  Let us hope that results continue at Eastleigh and the new players make a very positive difference to the end of the season.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 72
ginnywings
January 26, 2015, 6:12pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from fiveallive
A good signing Christian Jolley a few of us was hoping he signed for us a couple of seasons a go. We needed another winger because we have played Mackreth and Arnold a lot recently and Arnold looks like he could do with a couple of games rest bar is is game against Barnet his performances have dropped a bit, i know we still have Neilson i think he can still play a big part along with Rossy Hannah but obviously there game time has been limited its  a shame with Hannah seems injuries have took there toll on him and he's lost a bit of a yard but can help out to the end of the season.

Rest? He's played about a dozen games this season.

If he needs a rest, there's something wrong with him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 72
TAGG
January 26, 2015, 6:20pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,965
Gold Stars: 123
Quoted from ginnywings

Rest? He's played about a dozen games this season.

If he needs a rest, there's something wrong with him.

There is something wrong with him. He's bone idle

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 72
LongEatonMariner
January 26, 2015, 6:28pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +12 / -6
Approval: +1,037
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from BottesfordMariner
Both these look quality signings and will  improves the squad and the team.

I think it gives the fans a big boost as well just when we were resigning ourselves to another probable play off failure. Credit to the manager and JF for making it happen.

We have been ok at the back for the most part this season and Robertson will presumably just slot in for Thomas. Parslow now provides cover.

Scoring goals has been a bit of a problem (as it has in recent seasons) but when you look at the attacking talent we have now, add loan of Palmer who looks pretty good so far, there really is no excuse.
Dont know what if means to Palmers future at BP but i would keep him to the end of the season as well.

so we have to pick from up front:
LJL
JPP
Palmer
Jolley
Arnold
Hannah
Watson

Compares well with anyone else's options.

7 strikers...even Man City dont have that many. Can a Conference side carry that many? Expect one or two will be allowed to go out on loan or permanently.

If we play three that might be an ok number, tho I think Watson is looking like "one for the future". Hannah doesn't seem to suit a three though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 72
BIGChris
January 26, 2015, 6:33pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from arryarryarry
I don't want to be negative but lets just take a step back, it does not matter what they have done in the past it is what they are going to do for GTFC in the coming months.

I remember all the posts about Mackreth how he was a great signing, one of the best wingers in the division, tore us a new when when we played Macclesfield etc etc etc but in reality he is not much of an improvement on Colbeck.

Lets hope they will greatly improve the squad and even maybe help us make a challenge for top spot.

I agree.

Really hope the signings are as good as they look on paper. If Jolley is anything like he was 2 seasons ago then he will be excellent.
Robertson has good experience and should be match fit
I honestly thought Brodie was going to be the jam on our cake and see us over the line 2 years ago and that didn't turn out too well.

I guess I fear that with so many options PH ends up swapping and changing each week rather than getting some continuity and partnerships
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 72
gtfc82
January 26, 2015, 6:38pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +616
Two excellent signings on paper! I really hope Hurst sticks with 442, with Palmer (hopefully till the end of the season) and LJL up front and Jolley on the right. Mackreth has done ok recently, but I don't think he is good enough for a team that wants promotion.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 72
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jolley and Gregor sign until the end of the season

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.