Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jolley and Gregor sign until the end of the season
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 348 Guests

Jolley and Gregor sign until the end of the season

This thread currently has 12,676 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
chaos33
January 26, 2015, 12:59pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 357
Quoted from Maringer
Sounds pretty good. Jolley should add a bit more pace and trickery to our attack and Robertson should restore balance to the defence and allow Magnay to get back into his best position. If he can also take a half-decent corner, all the better!

This.

We done Town.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 72
RoboCod
January 26, 2015, 1:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Yep, two two good wins, good signings and out of the damned Tinpot cup, all in less than a week !
Good stuff.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 72
acko338
January 26, 2015, 1:13pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,222
Gold Stars: 33
PRAISE DUE TO PAUL HURST AND TO JOHN FENTY IN BRINGING THESE TWO TO THE PARK

No excuses now for the big push to the season end - should fear no one and play up to no one - if Palmer stays as well, Christmas Day may move to the end of April !!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 72
Nelly GTFC
January 26, 2015, 1:20pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,734
Gold Stars: 31
3m 50 seconds.                                                                      9m 30 seconds & 11m 50 seconds.

[youtube]JHD6rmLavK4[/youtube] [youtube]-ckBHSNC8N4[/youtube]  

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 72
Fcukthescunts
January 26, 2015, 1:22pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +776
Well done Town. I really believe we now have best squad on paper in this league. Think Jolley will take a month or so to settle in but get him right for last 9 games he could well be the difference.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 72
RichMariner
January 26, 2015, 1:24pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,132
Gold Stars: 209
Paul Hurst gives himself a selection headache every January. He signs good players. I just hope he gets the balance right this season.

More thoughts on this topic - and these two signings - on my blog if you're interested. Feel free to disagree...

[url]http://wp.me/p1FK1u-eY[/url]

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 35 - 72
Youngy
January 26, 2015, 1:26pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +1,664
Gold Stars: 9
Matt Dannett from the Telewag is reporting that it might not be the end of our business today either.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 72
January 26, 2015, 1:28pm
Guest User
Quoted from arryarryarry
I don't want to be negative but lets just take a step back, it does not matter what they have done in the past it is what they are going to do for GTFC in the coming months.

I remember all the posts about Mackreth how he was a great signing, one of the best wingers in the division, tore us a new when when we played Macclesfield etc etc etc but in reality he is not much of an improvement on Colbeck.

Lets hope they will greatly improve the squad and even maybe help us make a challenge for top spot.

I think you're being a bit harsh on Macreth mate. He's had a problem with his hamstring which had limited him until recently. I think over the last 6 weeks or so, he's looked the part and looks visibly quicker. I wish he'd come inside a bit more often but he looks good to me and he's started finding the net.

Re our signings today, I'm very pleased. Jolley's abilities are well documented, I think a new start will do him good and we can benefit. I do wonder if we will be going 4-3-3 though as that's how we'll get the best out of him.

Also delighted with the signing of Robertson who seems to have a decent pedigree. he's a good age (just turned 31), he's 6'1 which will help at both ends of the pitch and apparently takes a decent corner (should be a given for a pro! But as you all know it isn't). He's a natural left back with a left peg and was only released from his Northampton contract last week so presumably he'll be good to go fitness wise.

On paper great signings, let's kick on and win this league!
Reply: 37 - 72
pizzzza
January 26, 2015, 1:35pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from Youngy
Matt Dannett from the Telewag is reporting that it might not be the end of our business today either.

More likely someone leaving rather than coming in?
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 72
RoboCod
January 26, 2015, 1:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Maybe Palmer loan extension ?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 72
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jolley and Gregor sign until the end of the season

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.