Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jolley and Gregor sign until the end of the season
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 338 Guests

Jolley and Gregor sign until the end of the season

This thread currently has 12,674 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Marinerz93
January 26, 2015, 6:56pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Jolly was instrumental in Newport's promotion and was certainly a stand out player against us.  If he shows the same form for us this will be a great signing and if we don't get automatic promotion then the play off's just got a bit more interesting.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 72
January 26, 2015, 7:04pm
Guest User
Quoted from Marinerz93
Jolly was instrumental in Newport's promotion and was certainly a stand out player against us.  If he shows the same form for us this will be a great signing and if we don't get automatic promotion then the play off's just got a bit more interesting.

Christian Jolleys achievements ;

AFC Wimbledon play off winners.

2 years later.

Newport County play off winters

2 years later

Grimsby Town...
Reply: 61 - 72
pontoonlew
January 26, 2015, 7:09pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +8,996
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from arryarryarry
I don't want to be negative but lets just take a step back, it does not matter what they have done in the past it is what they are going to do for GTFC in the coming months.

I remember all the posts about Mackreth how he was a great signing, one of the best wingers in the division, tore us a new when when we played Macclesfield etc etc etc but in reality he is not much of an improvement on Colbeck.

Lets hope they will greatly improve the squad and even maybe help us make a challenge for top spot.

Christ some more Mackreth bashing again? He's currently having a really good run in the side after a slowish start. Nothing dramatically shite, the guy has the joint most assists and has chipped in with 3 goals too, Joe Colbeck scored 4 in his whole career for us.

People talk about not slagging off players because it dents confidence seem perfectly happy to do it when it suits them.

On for Jolley, he may not had done it lately but I'm hopeful there's still a player in there. My big worry is, where is this player actually going to fit in? Robertson seems a cracking signing though, great pedigree.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 72
Garth
January 26, 2015, 7:35pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from TAGG

There is something wrong with him. He's bone idle

A bit harsh but he can drift in and out of the game, reminds me of Peter Bore its all there but sometimes it isn`t if you get my point
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 72
Mrs Doyle
January 26, 2015, 7:38pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
One improvement we needed was from corners and set pieces hopefully Robertson and Palmer should address this bring it on. Hurst now has lots of options really looking forward to the rest of the season now. We look a bigger outfit more able to do battle we will treat to take every game as a cup final, especially at home we need to dominate more.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 72
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
January 26, 2015, 8:20pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
On the plus side - January has recently been the start of a struggle for Town to make a consistent run in for promotion and we have either made no signings or we have made mistaken signings like Brodie. These two lads look as though they could make a positive impact not least by increasing the competition for places.

On the plus side - the supporters have been waiting for ages with tongues hanging out for a sign of intent from the manager and the club. This double signing goes a long way towards enthusing the fans, especially as the side is already a winning one, they could be the icing on the cake.

On the minus side - the manager has a reputation for tinkering, playing about with his formations and being too defensively minded. If he slots these signings into the current side playing a pressing and attacking game then the momentum will continue. If he messes about with Jolley it won't give him chance to show what he can do and he will be a wasted asset. Let's hope he is allowed to do for us what he did for Newport.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 72
davmariner
January 26, 2015, 8:25pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,911
Gold Stars: 79
Matt Dannatt tweeted something about it not being the only business we're going to do. Another new player or Palmer until the end of the season?

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 72
January 26, 2015, 8:56pm
Guest User
Quoted from davmariner
Matt Dannatt tweeted something about it not being the only business we're going to do. Another new player or Palmer until the end of the season?

'Led to believe that today might not be the end to #GTFC's business either. We'll see...'

Reply: 67 - 72
arryarryarry
January 26, 2015, 11:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from pontoonlew

Christ some more Mackreth bashing again? He's currently having a really good run in the side after a slowish start. Nothing dramatically shite, the guy has the joint most assists and has chipped in with 3 goals too, Joe Colbeck scored 4 in his whole career for us.

People talk about not slagging off players because it dents confidence seem perfectly happy to do it when it suits them.

On for Jolley, he may not had done it lately but I'm hopeful there's still a player in there. My big worry is, where is this player actually going to fit in? Robertson seems a cracking signing though, great pedigree.

Just wondered how many games you actually get to see, yes he has popped up with a couple of goals recently but his overall play in games has been poor in my opinion as was the case last Saturday.
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 72
January 27, 2015, 7:50am
Guest User
Quoted from pontoonlew

I assume you are trying to compare the constant vile abuse john Lewis experienced last season with a one off post that actually doesn't personally abuse or really even criticise the player- just highlight how signings on paper don't always rip the league apart for whatever reason.

macreath wasn't the main point in his post. His main point was to be wary until players actually start performing to levels they have previously reached.  He could of easily used many other players as an example. It's in fact more of a dig at fans getting over excited during every transfer window thinking our latest signing is going to win the ballon d'or.

It isn't exactly the same as the repeated unjustified abuse, that verged on bullying that john Lewis got last season.

It still annoys me when I think of the treatment that john Lewis got from a certain small section of the fans. Great credit to him as a player and a person to turn that around and become one of our best players this season.
Reply: 69 - 72
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jolley and Gregor sign until the end of the season

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.