Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › He just can't resist!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 343 Guests

He just can't resist!

This thread currently has 6,726 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
ackomariner
January 7, 2015, 10:58pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
Bit of a mountain out of a mole hill I read that in a different light just the manager backing up his players nowt wrong with that. Old Buckley was often moaned at by some about his favorites and his lack of praise for the fans but he always did things his way. Maybe we should just see what reaction the team take they must all know what as gone on here. I once mentioned the fishy in the club shop and got some very interesting comments no love lost I can tell ya.

What I said the other day..."the truth hurts"

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 48
arryarryarry
January 8, 2015, 1:57am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
Bit of a mountain out of a mole hill I read that in a different light just the manager backing up his players nowt wrong with that. Old Buckley was often moaned at by some about his favorites and his lack of praise for the fans but he always did things his way. Maybe we should just see what reaction the team take they must all know what as gone on here. I once mentioned the fishy in the club shop and got some very interesting comments no love lost I can tell ya.

It just wasn't lack of praise for the fans he often had a dig or should I say comment about the fans in a similar way to what Hurst keeps doing now and when you consider Buckley was probably Town's greatest ever manager, there were fans who were glad to see the back of him, I remember after he left to go to West Brom there was a box in the Findus Stand decked out with balloons and streamers in celebration of him going.
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 48
January 8, 2015, 10:24am
Guest User
Quoted from headingly_mariner
I think everyone is getting a bit wound up about nothing, he likes to protect the players and I think he shoulders the criticism when he defends them, I often think he speaks a lot of sense most of the time. We have had managers who will blame the players after a defeat, he very rarely criticises his team or will single a player out in public, I imagine it's different in private and I like that.  

I believe at times PH is watching a different game to the fans. I would like to see him get animated on the touch line when things go wrong or in his eyes they dont??? standing with hands in pockets gives the impression its all going to plan and he wont accept certain players are under performing and need a kick up the bum, then complains when the fans do it for him.
Reply: 42 - 48
Biccys
January 8, 2015, 12:31pm
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from arryarryarry

It just wasn't lack of praise for the fans he often had a dig or should I say comment about the fans in a similar way to what Hurst keeps doing now and when you consider Buckley was probably Town's greatest ever manager, there were fans who were glad to see the back of him, I remember after he left to go to West Brom there was a box in the Findus Stand decked out with balloons and streamers in celebration of him going.

And it definitely wasn't someone's birthday party?

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 43 - 48
barralad
January 8, 2015, 2:32pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from ginnywings

If you think it is just "the usual suspects" on here, then you obviously don't get it. Just about every Town fan i know has either had enough or is close to it. I can't find anyone recently who has a good word to say about Hurst.

You may hear differently but that's the feeling among all the Town fans i know.

I've no axe to grind with you by the way.

And I don't have any axe to grind with you either   My gripe is that just about every thread of late seems to want to point out Hurst's shortcomings-I have no issue with that per se but they don't say anything different.I was only part joking when I mentioned the other day that certain posters could copy and paste their central point into any thread. For me it detracts from the overall incisive debate that the Fishy used to be famous for.
I can assure you that I DO get the dissatisfaction with Hurst-some of the arguments are pretty well made but the repetition is simply tedious.
I certainly know a lot of Town fans who are unhappy at the moment but not many who want to see him go now. Any neutral coming on here would be forgiven for thinking Town were in a relegation dog fight not in the top four

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 48
ginnywings
January 8, 2015, 3:06pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,122
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from barralad

And I don't have any axe to grind with you either   My gripe is that just about every thread of late seems to want to point out Hurst's shortcomings-I have no issue with that per se but they don't say anything different.I was only part joking when I mentioned the other day that certain posters could copy and paste their central point into any thread. For me it detracts from the overall incisive debate that the Fishy used to be famous for.
I can assure you that I DO get the dissatisfaction with Hurst-some of the arguments are pretty well made but the repetition is simply tedious.
I certainly know a lot of Town fans who are unhappy at the moment but not many who want to see him go now. Any neutral coming on here would be forgiven for thinking Town were in a relegation dog fight not in the top four

Fair enough. Most fans i know want to see him gone now but i think their heart is ruling their heads.

I'm not a fan of Hurst but now is not the time to change IMO. You never know, he may make a couple of decent signings, have a change of tactics and go all guns blazing, but somehow i doubt that.

I live in hope as usual.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 48
mariner91
January 8, 2015, 3:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,637
Gold Stars: 261
Quoted from ginnywings

Fear enough. Most fans i know want to see him gone now but i think their heart is ruling their heads.

I'm not a fan of Hurst but now is not the time to change IMO. You never know, he may make a couple of decent signings, have a change of tactics and go all guns blazing, but somehow i doubt that.

I live in hope as usual.

Agree with this. Changing now wouldn't help us, it never normally helps us to change mid-season. But without either promotion or a huge improvement in performances then he should go in the summer.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 48
DocTower
January 8, 2015, 3:52pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Quoted from mariner91

Agree with this. Changing now wouldn't help us, it never normally helps us to change mid-season. But without either promotion or a huge improvement in performances then he should go in the summer.

And he probably knows it , being realistic I feel he is so stuck in his ways we won't see a change . Hopes I'm wrong , would love to be proved wrong ,
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 48
grimsby pete
January 8, 2015, 6:46pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,792
Gold Stars: 222
Reading the footy book I got for Christmas,

Its says 95% of people have an interest in football,

BUT

Only 2% really understand the game,

They are the ones playing or managing professional teams,

So after 60 years of watching football,

I know nothing, isn't that right Mr Hurst ?

I presume the x's  I am getting is because you do not agree I know nothing,

Thank You,  I think  

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 48
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › He just can't resist!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.