Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › He just can't resist!
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 370 Guests

He just can't resist!

This thread currently has 6,714 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
January 7, 2015, 8:37pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,108
Gold Stars: 548
The fact is, whether those comments were a dig at the fans or not, they are being seen as such, so something somewhere aint right. For one reason or another, Hurst is not endearing himself to the fans and i don't believe he ever will now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 48
January 7, 2015, 8:45pm
Guest User
Quoted from pontoonlew

Because away from home Hursts tactics work, pure and simple. We perform better away from home due to the 'soak it up and hit them on the break' tactics. Fans can accept that at away games.

What fans don't accept is the shite we turn in at home. It's nothing to do with this lazy excuse of 'fans expect to be in the Championship' no we don't, hell I don't even think anybody is stupid enough to think we're not all equals in this league. It doesn't matter who we're playing, fans just expect a certain level of effort to at least entertain. It's absolutely none existent at home games.

Hurst is just expecting everybody to 'buy in to what we're doing' we've heard that line a thousand times. The fact is, we've tried to buy in but the fact is it's boring as hell to watch. Fans will take so much, but we're not idiots, the place isn't silent for no reason, it's silent because the majority of the crowd are bored to flipping tears.

Hurst's game plan is based up on the defence and he would rather win games than make it entertaining for the fans. He puts the game plan before entertainment.  We can review our style of play once we get back into the league but the priority has to be achieving league football by what ever means possible asap however we must not risk this throw money we don't have at it and potentially bankrupt the club . The longer this club is in this division the harder it is going to become to get out of the division with more 'smaller' clubs getting big investors and Towns budget being slashed more and more each year. How many more  years can Town last on making losses of around quarter  a million pound? If we were not within 5 points of the play-off spots then I would also be calling for Hurst's head but we are in a good solid position at this moment in time to get a play-off spot.
Reply: 31 - 48
LongEatonMariner
January 7, 2015, 9:07pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +12 / -6
Approval: +1,037
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from MuddyWaters
PH on Hamish and the fans:

"It's nice the fans have taken to him but, in real terms, he hasn't yet done anything to warrant that really.

"Some of the other lads that have done it over 20-odd games, who then have an off-day, then get a bit of stick about it.

Sorry, who just can't resist?

This is boring beyond belief.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 48
barralad
January 7, 2015, 9:20pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from headingly_mariner
I think everyone is getting a bit wound up about nothing, he likes to protect the players and I think he shoulders the criticism when he defends them, I often think he speaks a lot of sense most of the time. We have had managers who will blame the players after a defeat, he very rarely criticises his team or will single a player out in public, I imagine it's different in private and I like that.  

It isn't everyone though-just the usual suspects and four more pages, with nothing new, about P.H.s shortcomings...Guess what people. We get it!

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 48
the rhino
January 7, 2015, 9:27pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +39
Change the record old codger! Your bully boy posts are getting rather tedious and very predictable!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 48
MuddyWaters
January 7, 2015, 9:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,234
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from the rhino
Change the record old codger! Your bully boy posts are getting rather tedious and very predictable!

An observation is bullying?
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 48
ginnywings
January 7, 2015, 10:17pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,108
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from barralad

It isn't everyone though-just the usual suspects and four more pages, with nothing new, about P.H.s shortcomings...Guess what people. We get it!

If you think it is just "the usual suspects" on here, then you obviously don't get it. Just about every Town fan i know has either had enough or is close to it. I can't find anyone recently who has a good word to say about Hurst.

You may hear differently but that's the feeling among all the Town fans i know.

I've no axe to grind with you by the way.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 48
ackomariner
January 7, 2015, 10:25pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from ginnywings

If you think it is just "the usual suspects" on here, then you obviously don't get it. Just about every Town fan i know has either had enough or is close to it. I can't find anyone recently who has a good word to say about Hurst.

You may hear differently but that's the feeling among all the Town fans i know.

I've no axe to grind with you by the way.

Same with me to tbh,, blokes at work want him gone

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 48
MuddyWaters
January 7, 2015, 10:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,234
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from barralad

I don't care whether he stays or goes. Same with Fenty. I want GTFC back in the league playing decent football.
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 48
Mrs Doyle
January 7, 2015, 10:45pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Bit of a mountain out of a mole hill I read that in a different light just the manager backing up his players nowt wrong with that. Old Buckley was often moaned at by some about his favorites and his lack of praise for the fans but he always did things his way. Maybe we should just see what reaction the team take they must all know what as gone on here. I once mentioned the fishy in the club shop and got some very interesting comments no love lost I can tell ya.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 48
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › He just can't resist!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.