Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Is this the worst Town side in History?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 278 Guests

Is this the worst Town side in History?

This thread currently has 5,448 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
dapperz fun pub
January 1, 2015, 8:13pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from Tinymariner
No, we have a great squad, the manager is brilliant at taking any flair and passion out of a player. Until we see a change in tactical ability from the bench we will not go up.

We have good players but some very average ones aswell. Tactically teams read us very quickly and change if need be we on the other hand have plan a but no plan b Hurst very rarely manages to change the course of a game
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 40
barralad
January 1, 2015, 8:22pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from denni266
not the players. its the way they play and that is down to our brainless manager imo

Let me just get this straight.......the players were in no way responsible for today's debacle?

Paul Hurst was responsible for Arnold ducking out of a tackle on the edge of their box and 15 seconds later defenders were having to make last ditch tackles?
Paul Hurst was responsible for literally 100s of passes going astray over 95 minutes?

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 40
Badger57
January 1, 2015, 8:31pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,896
Gold Stars: 30
Not the worst players but almost certainly the most boring, defensive, unexciting, stubbornly one dimensional manager we've ever had by some considerable margin.
You'll be sat up there on your own very soon John I'm afraid.
Time is running out fast....Tick Tock.....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 40
Lincoln Mariner 56
January 1, 2015, 10:28pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,688
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from barralad

Let me just get this straight.......the players were in no way responsible for today's debacle?

Paul Hurst was responsible for Arnold ducking out of a tackle on the edge of their box and 15 seconds later defenders were having to make last ditch tackles?
Paul Hurst was responsible for literally 100s of passes going astray over 95 minutes?

Certainly not Barra but they are players he has brought in so surely has to accept some of the responsibility. I do not expect a change in manager until the end of the season but this continued failure to produce a performance  at BP will ultimately cost him his job.

If he proves the doubters wrong great but it appears more unlikely as each home game passes.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 40
barralad
January 1, 2015, 10:47pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

Certainly not Barra but they are players he has brought in so surely has to accept some of the responsibility. I do not expect a change in manager until the end of the season but this continued failure to produce a performance  at BP will ultimately cost him his job.

If he proves the doubters wrong great but it appears more unlikely as each home game passes.

My post was in response to Denni's usual anti-Hurst titbit about it not being anyone's fault but the manager. As usual I haven't been holding my breath.
There is collective responsibility...

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 40
GTFCAcko
January 1, 2015, 11:33pm

Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: +8
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

Yes but the fans booing for the past 3 home games at full time doesn't help hurst motivate the players

UTM

Omar Omar Omar Omar Omar Omar Omar Bogle!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 40
sparko501
January 1, 2015, 11:40pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +97
No not the worst town side in history at all
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 40
arryarryarry
January 2, 2015, 2:00am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,044
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from barralad

Well Hurst continues to pick certain players even though they continue to turn in crap performances, Arnold has been hopeless these past few weeks especially at Macclesfield and at home to Lincoln yet he is still first choice and only Hurst knows why he wasn't substituted.

Private Message
Reply: 27 - 40
arryarryarry
January 2, 2015, 2:01am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,044
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from GTFCAcko

Yes but the fans booing for the past 3 home games at full time doesn't help hurst motivate the players

UTM

Oh dear, it's back to the fans fault again.
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 40
Lincoln Mariner 56
January 2, 2015, 9:01am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,688
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from GTFCAcko

UTM

Do not recall any booing after we beat Forest Green and even against Lincoln was a very small minority. End of the day as others have said players and squad not as good as we thought and PH has learned nothing from his previous seasons in charge.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 40
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Is this the worst Town side in History?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.