Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Is this the worst Town side in History?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 298 Guests

Is this the worst Town side in History?

This thread currently has 5,439 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
timmo
January 1, 2015, 5:25pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +58
I think it's the best squad since we've been down here.

Rather than being told do your thing and score 1 more than them. They are being put on the emphasis not to concede. IMO

Timmo
UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 40
Madeleymariner
January 1, 2015, 5:25pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,048
Gold Stars: 49
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56
Certainly up there in respect of performances at BP.

One point that puzzles me is that when we announce our summer signings the Fishy response is always very positive, best winger in league, best midfield player etc. personally, i never know who is who in the opposition so not able to comment.

So the point is are us fans bad judges of a player or does PH's tactical approach result in the players inabilty to perform in the town shirt ?

We coach ability out of good players, we seem to get a well known player with a good reputation who starts really well (Hannah, Arnold, Brown, Nsiala, Colbeck, Neilson, Parslow, Cook, Hatton, Pell, Marshall etc.) and who knows how many more I don't remember from the last couple of seasons who play well for a few weeks then turn to cr@p.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 40
chicaneuk
January 1, 2015, 5:30pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +14 / 0
Approval: +1,467
Gold Stars: 5
I still think we have an excellent squad - but I think they're downtrodden and demotivated and have just lost their drive.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 40
Tinymariner
January 1, 2015, 5:39pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +30 / -2
Approval: +1,456
Gold Stars: 12
No, we have a great squad, the manager is brilliant at taking any flair and passion out of a player. Until we see a change in tactical ability from the bench we will not go up.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 40
Teesknees
January 1, 2015, 5:40pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,596
Gold Stars: 18
Quoted from Bruce Springsteen
Given the league we play in, the total lack of quality, the part time sides around us.

You only post when Town lose! You must be in your element tonight!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 40
Bruce Springsteen
January 1, 2015, 5:42pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +4 / -9
Approval: -315
Quoted from Teesknees

You only post when Town lose! You must be in your element tonight!

certainly posting a lot more of late
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 40
Tea bag seats
January 1, 2015, 5:53pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +44
good sqaud (barring a couple) very poor manager. simple
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 40
Marinerz93
January 1, 2015, 6:36pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from timmo
I think it's the best squad since we've been down here.

Rather than being told do your thing and score 1 more than them. They are being put on the emphasis not to concede. IMO

Timmo
UTM

I would agree although half the first team needs replacing.

The worst team ever assembled was under Mike Neweel, some the laziest, fattest and mercenary losers ever to grace BP.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 40
denni266
January 1, 2015, 6:46pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +700
Gold Stars: 132
not the players. its the way they play and that is down to our brainless manager imo
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 40
Mrs Doyle
January 1, 2015, 7:48pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
The majority of fans agree this is probably the best squad of players we have had in this league but they are not motivated and managed to their ability and that is the management's fault.

Nielson for example on his day is a very creative player but he looks more jaded every game. Our home form is awful we are getting found out at the back as teams come here unafraid and attack minded. Are we really just a mid table side?? We will lose the talented players here unless somebody grabs them by the scuff of the neck, kicks some behind and says those fans deserve more passion and commitment get our there and fight for every ball.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 40
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Is this the worst Town side in History?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.