Tiddlywinks Garth.

Ah! see what you mean. nudge nudge
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 28
December 22, 2014, 9:00am
Guest User
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
He will probally get another appeal eventually anyway and aquitted just like Clayton McDonald.

Anyone with loads of money shoudn't have one night stands with drunk up birds, it's not worth the hassle / risk? >> ££££

Saying that, he still did the dirty on his g/f, I can't believe she has actually stood by him regardless of innocent or not, hang on a minute? >> ££££

Weird how Ched's girlfriends (very rich) father paid for his solicitor.

Reply: 21 - 28
Biccys
December 22, 2014, 1:49pm
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from Nelly GTFC

Right or wrong, Lee Hughes got given another chance and he ran away from killing someone in a car accident.

This for me is the nub of the matter. Whether you think he Ched did what he was convicted of or not, whether he does or doesn't admit it, he is still out of jail and perfectly entitled to look for a job in the field of his choosing, which is football.
The moral question of signing him is one that will not be truly ended, but you see Lee Hughes playing regularly after his release so why not Ched, and why not here?

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 22 - 28
mariner91
December 22, 2014, 1:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,646
Gold Stars: 261
Quoted from Biccys

This for me is the nub of the matter. Whether you think he Ched did what he was convicted of or not, whether he does or doesn't admit it, he is still out of jail and perfectly entitled to look for a job in the field of his choosing, which is football.
The moral question of signing him is one that will not be truly ended, but you see Lee Hughes playing regularly after his release so why not Ched, and why not here?

And there wasn't such a fuss about it when Hughes was released, that bit I can't understand. Are we honestly saying killing someone is more forgivable than having sex with an extremely intoxicated woman? They're both despicable acts so I don't see why one can go back to football relatively commotion free and the other is hounded out the game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 28
biggles9999
December 22, 2014, 3:36pm
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +24 / -12
Approval: +367
Quoted from mariner91

And there wasn't such a fuss about it when Hughes was released, that bit I can't understand. Are we honestly saying killing someone is more forgivable than having sex with an extremely intoxicated woman? They're both despicable acts so I don't see why one can go back to football relatively commotion free and the other is hounded out the game.

Thats the only way my missus will have sex with me.....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 28
oldun
December 23, 2014, 1:19pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Quoted from 75

I really think he would consider a temporary move to Town. He might not be as expensive as you'd think as he just wants to get playing and a top Conference club could appeal as we are a big fish (pardon the pun) in a small pond. He would be a machine, try and get him until the end of the season and he would score tons at this level, would be a boost to the squad and instil real belief we mean business.

Negatives are there would be national interest, it would kick up a storm for a couple of weeks, he won't be 100% fit, his appeal is ongoing and this will be a huge distraction for him timewise and mentally.

Your negatives outweigh anything else I am afraid.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 28
rancido
December 23, 2014, 5:14pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from mariner91

Considering we usually play in front of significantly less than 2,000 fans (some of which, often a decent proportion, are ours) I'm not sure it would make a huge difference.

Not advocating signing him btw.

Even so , it's amazing how even 400 or 500 fans can be vocally intimidating if they are united in one vitriolic chant.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 28
pontoonlew
December 23, 2014, 5:18pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,022
Gold Stars: 174
Evans hounded away by the media from yet another chance at getting a club. I don't think they'll stop til they have him signing on the bloody dole.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 28
grimsby pete
December 23, 2014, 5:41pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,796
Gold Stars: 222
A question for all.

Would you have Evans knowing he will score enough goals to get us certain promotion,

OR

Would you say no never even though we remain in this league for at least another season.

Saying getting promotion without him is not an option in this case.

I would give him a 6 month sentence, I mean contract.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 28
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hartlepool wants Ched Evans

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.