4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
forza ivano
December 3, 2014, 7:43pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,282
Gold Stars: 266
it might be in towns best interest for the other teams to be winning ,closing the gap on the impressive  barnet will put them under pressure and make it into a free for all. Towns strong squ ad will then come to the fore and we can power through th peace in March and win the title at Easter. See? Easy!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 33
moosey_club
December 3, 2014, 8:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,299
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from forza ivano
it might be in towns best interest for the other teams to be winning ,closing the gap on the impressive  barnet will put them under pressure and make it into a free for all. Towns strong squ ad will then come to the fore and we can power through th peace in March and win the title at Easter. See? Easy!

Still dont understand where the strong squad argument comes from.....we have sent squad players out on loan so obviously not considered good enough, we have a couple of players who hardly make the bench and certainly dont make it onto the pitch, presumably as PH doesnt fancy them, and we are now upto 5/6 loans or short term deals, again indicating that the original assembled squad wasnt adequate.....and....we still are waiting for a striker !!!!

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 33
forza ivano
December 3, 2014, 10:20pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,282
Gold Stars: 266
It was said with my tongue lodged in the side of my cheek meza! If town were ever to get out of this godforsaken league it'll inevitably be a skin of the teeth last minute desperation stakes scenario. When have town ever done anything the easy way?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 33
TownSNAFU5
December 4, 2014, 12:20am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,906
Gold Stars: 42
I would think that we lose more points to teams at the bottom that other top teams.  But why?  Are we less-motivated than other top teams when playing these so called "easier" teams?  I am sure that lower league teams don'y try harder against us.   Is it a factor that we don't take our chances, as evident last Sat?

When we play at top teams away we have secured all 3 points on more than 1 occasion (eg, Gateshead, Torquay and Wrexham). These results show the high-level of performance that we can achieve. It is frustrating when we cannot sustain this level more often.

It is unfair to single out one player who is more like to play well against the better teams, but then poorly against the lower-league teams.   But I will..............Neilson.  

If we had a fit Hearn then we would have picked up more points against poor teams - certainly from the chances that we have created.

That is is as far as I can go with this issue.  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 33
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tonight's Games

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.