3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
MyDogsThoughts
November 30, 2014, 8:20pm

Woof Woof!!!
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +43 / -12
Approval: +38
Right, the moaners who were not there please watch this 11 minutes worth before you post anything else negative: Listen to the commentary!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJCaZa0uygY&feature=youtu.be

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_0viO-Dm52sM/Rz9JfAGEp6I/AAAAAAAAD8Y/QB-YolLcMJ8/s320/big%2Bbones.jpg[/img]

"I Love Bones, But I Think I'll Lick My Balls Now"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Hagrid
November 30, 2014, 8:41pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,384
Gold Stars: 527
I saw the town highlights, goodness knows how we didnt win that game!! But the blame should be put at the players for that, not Hurst, some poor finishing there
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 29
barralad
November 30, 2014, 8:45pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,268
Gold Stars: 121
Two Points:-

1. I did their keeper a great disservice for what I thought was LJL's second chance. It was a very good save

2. I'd forgotten Arnold's drive which the keeper somehow handed away...

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 29
iimariner
November 30, 2014, 9:12pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +13
I was out for a run in Telford  this morning having stayed overnight with friends...ran past someone walking a dog wearing a town fleece.....was that you MDT??
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 29
BIGChris
November 30, 2014, 9:18pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from iimariner
I was out for a run in Telford  this morning having stayed overnight with friends...ran past someone walking a dog wearing a town fleece.....was that you MDT??

I hope it wasnt the dog that went for me in the car park after the game! Huge teeth but thankfully the 'owner' (dressed in hi viz gear, boots and uniform), just managed to drag it back
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 29
Maringer
November 30, 2014, 9:21pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,399
Gold Stars: 184
I wonder how much that cameraman had been drinking before the game? Nowhere near play half the time and he somehow completely missed Mackreth's goal! Didn't even see cross or the header.

From what the commentators said, it would seem that they thought we should have won and the foul on LJL at the end was a clear-cut penalty. All in all, more than enough chances to win the game (with various players missing them) and, I'm sorry, but they really shouldn't have scored with a shot from that range which ended up right into the middle of the goal, even if it took a slight deflection.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 29
moosey_club
November 30, 2014, 9:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,199
Gold Stars: 224
Well....at least we have found someone who does worse highlights than us, terrible camera work, how the fck do you miss a goal??

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 29
moosey_club
November 30, 2014, 9:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Maringer
I'm sorry, but they really shouldn't have scored with a shot from that range which ended up right into the middle of the goal, even if it took a slight deflection.

reminiscent of Gateshead i thought.

2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 29
arryarryarry
November 30, 2014, 9:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,042
Gold Stars: 116
Having seen the MP highlights it looked a good challenge on LJL at the end.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 29
Les Brechin
November 30, 2014, 9:29pm

Posts Per Day: 4.18
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,688
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from arryarryarry
Having seen the MP highlights it looked a good challenge on LJL at the end.

I agree. At the time I was screaming for a penalty and on the Telford highlights it looks a nailed on pen but from the different angle on MP it does seem that their player got the ball and it was a good tackle.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 29
MyDogsThoughts
November 30, 2014, 10:34pm

Woof Woof!!!
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +43 / -12
Approval: +38
Quoted from iimariner

No, nor any of my family: but there are a few Town fans living in and around Telford.

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_0viO-Dm52sM/Rz9JfAGEp6I/AAAAAAAAD8Y/QB-YolLcMJ8/s320/big%2Bbones.jpg[/img]

"I Love Bones, But I Think I'll Lick My Balls Now"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 29
LH
November 30, 2014, 10:53pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,462
Gold Stars: 172
Didn't know Chris "Camara" was involved in Telford's media team.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 29
mariner2000
November 30, 2014, 11:01pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Approval: +164
Gold Stars: 3
Can't believe we have so many chances and so much possession up to their goal and still only score one!
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 12 - 29
November 30, 2014, 11:02pm
Guest User
Quoted from BIGChris

I hope it wasnt the dog that went for me in the car park after the game! Huge teeth but thankfully the 'owner' (dressed in hi viz gear, boots and uniform), just managed to drag it back

The same thing happened to my cousin at Telford 2 seasons ago. You would think they would be kept away from the public unless there is a genuine need for them. At least the police prevented the  trouble before it happens instead of letting it happen and recording it.
Reply: 13 - 29
fleabag1970
December 1, 2014, 7:56am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
Point 1) I don't like having a go at Keepers but  Macca will know he should be saving that

2) We had enough chances to win 2 games

3) it wasnt a Penno at the end , perhaps if LJL had gone down a bit less dramaticaly

4) Telford were never gonna score in a million years (  gk ERROR ASIDE)

5) Not PH's Fault at all

6) Some great saves by their GK

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 29
December 1, 2014, 9:33am
Guest User
Didn't look too bad on that admittedly shocking video, looked like they dragged someone in off the street and said point this camera at the pitch! We seemed to control the game, Macca should be saving that, he knows that. I'm sure he didn't expect it but he's saved us no end of times so he's got credit in the bank. With this two week break, the table will even itself out. We aren't the second best team at the moment, we need to drastically improve if we are to mount a challenge for the title. I think this league is as weak as it's been since we dropped down, it's there for the taking if we can perform to our potential.
Reply: 15 - 29
mariner91
December 1, 2014, 11:38am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,575
Gold Stars: 260
Interesting how none of the Hurst Out brigade have commented on the highlights. It's bizarre as most of them weren't at the game either but you'd assume they'd base their opinions on having seen some of the action rather than blindly calling for the manager's head after an admittedly disappointing result.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 29
Jarmo.Is.God
December 1, 2014, 11:52am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
this thread just highlights what i keep saying.

How people can comment on a performance they haven't seen is beyond me.

so far this season ive been to the following away games:

Gateshead
Halifax
Wrexham
Telford.

i have not commented on any of the other away games because ive not seen them.

i understand on the comments about hurst ect, but when it involves the performance of the players, your going by what Tondeur is saying...

they are Telford highlights and most of them are us attacking...

the fans that was at the game on Saturday was chanting PH name at the end, because despite the frustration, they appreciate the performance and sometimes 'its just not our day'

Chelsea drew 0-0 with Sunderland, thats not on, sack Mourinho now !

Chill out, we dropped a massive 2 points, but there is another 63 points to play for.

We have to play Barnet, Macclesfield and FGR twice, so its far from over.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 29
moosey_club
December 1, 2014, 12:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

the fans that was at the game on Saturday was chanting PH name at the end, because despite the frustration, they appreciate the performance and sometimes 'its just not our day'

Chelsea drew 0-0 with Sunderland, thats not on, sack Mourinho now !

Sorry for cherry picking your comments but we are not in a position that resembles anything like Chelsea's, we have lost games this season, we are not comfortably clear at the top of the table and looking fairly invincible, if we were then yes, a point away against the bottom may be seen as an off day....reactions are not based on this single game.....this is a repeat problem, failure to beat teams in a far worse position than ourselves, regardless of performance we dropped points against an opposition who looking at the highlights managed one speculative effort on target in the entire game.
When we regained the momentum it was ripped away by our own substitutions, neither of which seemed that logical to me, ok Hurst had already made his mind up to drag Makreth off as he was having a poor game, however we equalised and he started to brighten up, the team were bouyant and on the uppers, why not leave it for ten minutes......also taking off Pittman in case he got injured(?), i dont recall them stating he felt something, a bit tight etc but just in case he got injured....you could make that argument for any of the players couldnt you? Just taking you off Macca in case you get injured!!

The formation was the right one, the performance was largely good, our finishing was poor, in game management poor IMO.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 29
arryarryarry
December 1, 2014, 1:25pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from mariner91
Interesting how none of the Hurst Out brigade have commented on the highlights. It's bizarre as most of them weren't at the game either but you'd assume they'd base their opinions on having seen some of the action rather than blindly calling for the manager's head after an admittedly disappointing result.

Well I was there and whilst not currently shouting "Hurst out" I'm still not a fan of his and despite reaching 2nd in the table I still feel we are still not either good enough or not reaching our best potential to get promoted which is down to the manager.

And as regards Saturday's game his substitutions buggered us up in my opinion, yes Mackreth was woeful but after he scored he looked a changed man.  
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 29
mariner91
December 1, 2014, 1:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from arryarryarry

Well I was there and whilst not currently shouting "Hurst out" I'm still not a fan of his and despite reaching 2nd in the table I still feel we are still not either good enough or not reaching our best potential to get promoted which is down to the manager.

And as regards Saturday's game his substitutions buggered us up in my opnion, yes Mackreth was woeful but after he scored he looked a changed man.  

I accept that though, I'm not fully convinced that Hurst is capable of delivering promotion either. He's put a good squad together and like you say, I think that sometimes he doesn't utilise the potential of the squad with his formations and substitutions. However, we are currently second in the table and on the back of a decent stretch of results. If, admittedly a big if, Hurst learns from mistakes he has made then I think it is possible for us to be in L2 this time next year. At the very least I think we'll make the play offs and we have a better starting eleven than previous years so the chances of us winning those are slightly greater in my opinion.

What frustrates me is the way so many Town fans are quick to jump down the manager's throat after a disappointing result which they haven't even witnessed. It was a fairly good display which Town dominated for most of the game. On one hand you can argue that Hurst hindered the chances of a win with his substitutions but equally if the players put away the chances presented and McKeown doesn't member up for the goal (you have to be saving one down the middle of your goal from 40 yards out) then the game would have been won by half time. Hurst is not responsible for individual errors. He put a team out that dominated the game and on another day would have comfortably won. Yet almost immediately after the final whistle we get people on here calling for his head and bizarrely the loudest ones tend to be the ones who have seen the least amount of games/have stated they're not currently attending games.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 29
arryarryarry
December 1, 2014, 1:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from mariner91

I accept that though, I'm not fully convinced that Hurst is capable of delivering promotion either. He's put a good squad together and like you say, I think that sometimes he doesn't utilise the potential of the squad with his formations and substitutions. However, we are currently second in the table and on the back of a decent stretch of results. If, admittedly a big if, Hurst learns from mistakes he has made then I think it is possible for us to be in L2 this time next year. At the very least I think we'll make the play offs and we have a better starting eleven than previous years so the chances of us winning those are slightly greater in my opinion.

What frustrates me is the way so many Town fans are quick to jump down the manager's throat after a disappointing result which they haven't even witnessed. It was a fairly good display which Town dominated for most of the game. On one hand you can argue that Hurst hindered the chances of a win with his substitutions but equally if the players put away the chances presented and McKeown doesn't member up for the goal (you have to be saving one down the middle of your goal from 40 yards out) then the game would have been won by half time. Hurst is not responsible for individual errors. He put a team out that dominated the game and on another day would have comfortably won. Yet almost immediately after the final whistle we get people on here calling for his head and bizarrely the loudest ones tend to be the ones who have seen the least amount of games/have stated they're not currently attending games.

Whilst I wouldn't really disagree with what you say I think one of the biggest frustrations amongst the fans is our continual inability to beat some of the poorer teams in this league which may ultimately cost us promotion.

Private Message
Reply: 21 - 29
barralad
December 1, 2014, 1:58pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,268
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from mariner91

Well said.....

My New Year's resolution will be not to reply to threads from people who haven't been to the game. I've missed more games this season than in the whole of the last three seasons put together but I wouldn't dream on commenting about actual games I hadn't been to.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 29
mariner91
December 1, 2014, 2:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from arryarryarry

Whilst I wouldn't really disagree with what you say I think one of the biggest frustrations amongst the fans is our continual inability to beat some of the poorer teams in this league which may ultimately cost us promotion.

Absolutely, which is understandable as it's been our Achilles heel for a while now and if we sorted it out we'd be flying. However, the promising aspect from Saturday is that we should have won it, it wasn't one of those games where we didn't play well or create chances. If we keep performing like that against teams lower in the table then we'll beat more teams than we fail to.

My gripes come from those who haven't seen the game who start spouting off on here despite not knowing that it was a disappointing result but with a decent performance. They just have their own agendas which they fail to see past.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 29
arryarryarry
December 1, 2014, 3:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from mariner91

Absolutely, which is understandable as it's been our Achilles heel for a while now and if we sorted it out we'd be flying. However, the promising aspect from Saturday is that we should have won it, it wasn't one of those games where we didn't play well or create chances. If we keep performing like that against teams lower in the table then we'll beat more teams than we fail to.

My gripes come from those who haven't seen the game who start spouting off on here despite not knowing that it was a disappointing result but with a decent performance. They just have their own agendas which they fail to see past.

Again, can't disagree with that, however the most balmy thing I ever read was someone on the official  forum giving a man of the match by just listening to JT.
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 29
Mrs Doyle
December 1, 2014, 4:18pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Mc Kewon should never have been beaten from there that was a howler by any decent keepers standard. Their keeper on the other hand had a blinder and kept them in it. How the feck anyone can blame Hurst for that is beyond me, That just reinforces my earlier post about the knee jerking goons on here. Manager of the month.only lost one match in ages, most in form team not so long ago, second in the league. WTF IS UP WITH SOME OF YOU? The strikers missed some sitters how can HURST do more? they made chances it's not his fault if the strikers he has at is disposal can't put the thing in the fecking net.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 29
RichMariner
December 1, 2014, 4:19pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,141
Gold Stars: 209
John Still and Richard Money had their critics last season. I think every fan of a side that is a 'traditional' league club has a shorter fuse the longer we remain in the Conference, so one defeat - or two dropped points, as was the case at the weekend - is amplified and feels much worse than it actually is.

Since returning to 4-4-2 we've played better attacking football. Let's hope Hurst saw enough in that draw at Telford to persist with 4-4-2 over Christmas and New Year because I'm convinced we can win those games and continue to challenge Barnet.

I also hope that we'll see more from Mackreth now that he's got his debut goal. Don't think it was the cleverest move by Hurst to sub him afterwards, but then I've said on more than one occasion that Hurst's weakest area is his inability to manage his attacking players effectively.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 26 - 29
grimsby pete
December 1, 2014, 4:33pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,779
Gold Stars: 222
How is it the best keeper in this league keeps been beaten from shots that are 25 to 35 yds away,

If that player hit the ball from inside the penalty box,

Macca would have saved it.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 29
Paul62
December 1, 2014, 5:18pm

Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +9
I was at the game, but for those that weren't I personally think those highlights don't give a true reflection on towns style of play which is frustrating so many fans. Apart from the opening 20 mins we played hoof ball bypassing the midfield. All the best chances and goal came from playing the ball through on the deck. What is apparent from this game is a complete lack of sharpness in front of goal. Once their keeper made a couple of decent saves our confidence waned and we didn't take chances any team in form would have.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 29
forza ivano
December 1, 2014, 5:26pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,128
Gold Stars: 265
bizarrely telford have taken 9 of their 14 points against the top teams - beaten welling and torquay, drawn with us barnet and kiddy
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 29
3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Telford Highlights

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.