zorro_is_a_Mariner
November 29, 2014, 7:38pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +30 / -6
Approval: +1,369
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from Marinerz93

IF the teams below us win their games in hand we drop to 6th and Barnet have just increased the points gap to 8 points, at this stage of the season that's not good enough.

Sure we was midtable and 13-15 points of barnet a little over a month ago, it's been a good few months realistically. People are just angry because we could of had a few more points on the board but if we replicate the last 2 months we will win the league.

Gtfc all the way
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 52
easypeersy
November 29, 2014, 7:49pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +7 / -5
Approval: +301
Gold Stars: 11
I wanted a new manager at the beginning of the season.
We didn't get one.
Instead we have Hurst who is now obviously fed up of us supporters having a go at him.
All I can see is more play off misery happening unfortunately but now is the wrong time to be messing about
Getting a new manager.
Let's see what happens.
If we fail again then someone new for next season please.
Someone once told me football is 95% misery and 5% happiness.
Maybe our 5% is coming soon!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 52
Mariner Ronnie
November 29, 2014, 8:17pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
i don't know what's more of a farce, this thread after a unlucky point away or the slagging off of hurst thread on tuesday after winning!!

GET A GRIP!

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 52
lee65
November 29, 2014, 8:30pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,483
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from Mariner Ronnie
i don't know what's more of a farce, this thread after a unlucky point away or the slagging off of hurst thread on tuesday after winning!!

GET A GRIP!

You are right of course Ronnie.

Some of the stuff on here saddens me as a fan of many years. I believe though that it's just that people care so much, and are so desperate to get out of this league, that anything less than 3 points each game feels like a disaster to some.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 52
LookBackInAngers
November 29, 2014, 9:36pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +93
Barnet continue to surprise but still don't think they will finish top.We are one of three who could do but JF relaxing those purse strings a little in January could be the crucial factor.l
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 52
northbankmariner
November 29, 2014, 10:07pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +27 / -3
Approval: +525
In comparison Chelsea drew away at Sunderland today, are they suddenly shite and mourinho tactically inept. NO of course not as mentioned in a previous post these results happen in every league and are not that much of a suprise anymore. We can and will move on.

CLAP
CLAP
CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP
FISH
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 52
Stevie Saunders
November 29, 2014, 11:43pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +363
Kingster 72
I would challenge Fenty to win us promotion this season, or walk away.  He has let every fan down in making poor decision, after poor decision and that's why we are where we are.  If he leaves Hurst in charge, we will NEVER get out of this league, sack him and we stand a chance.  Either way, Fenty should wave goodbye too, if the club fails to win back it's league status this season, enough is enough!  So Mr Fenty, over to you, make the right choices for once

So mate... who would you like to become the club's major financial backer?
Who woudl you like to put a few milllion into a club and say "don;t worry, they are not loans which I expect to be paid back"
Any names in the frame?

Perhaps not I would reckon...so the club folds then does it?

I respect people have opinions but I am just interested who you would suggest takes over from Mr Fenty?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 52
Vance Warner
November 29, 2014, 11:56pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,800
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from lee65

You are right of course Ronnie.

Some of the stuff on here saddens me as a fan of many years. I believe though that it's just that people care so much, and are so desperate to get out of this league, that anything less than 3 points each game feels like a disaster to some.

It saddens me that people care much more about a defeat than a win. It saddens me that Hurst will never be more than one game away from a barrage of abuse. It saddens me that over the past 25 years of being a town fan there's always been a scapegoat. It saddens me that an all time scapegoats 11 would p1ss this league. Most of all it saddens me that  there is a negative cloud which permanently hangs over the club. It was there in the Buckley days, it was there under Slade and it will be there until people understand what support is and accept that we don't have a right to win every game
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 52
Marinerz93
November 30, 2014, 12:14am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Vance Warner

It saddens me that people care much more about a defeat than a win. It saddens me that Hurst will never be more than one game away from a barrage of abuse. It saddens me that over the past 25 years of being a town fan there's always been a scapegoat. It saddens me that an all time scapegoats 11 would p1ss this league. Most of all it saddens me that  there is a negative cloud which permanently hangs over the club. It was there in the Buckley days, it was there under Slade and it will be there until people understand what support is and accept that we don't have a right to win every game

Is this the only football forum you read?

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 52
arryarryarry
November 30, 2014, 2:55am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,042
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Vance Warner

It saddens me that those in charge of this club allowed it to be dragged down to this level and having seen us struggle against the worst side in the division  it saddens me that we are likely to be here for some seasons yet.

Private Message
Reply: 39 - 52
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › For christ sake Fenty act and act now

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.