kingster72
November 30, 2014, 7:13am

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: -7
Quoted from Stevie Saunders
Kingster 72
I would challenge Fenty to win us promotion this season, or walk away.  He has let every fan down in making poor decision, after poor decision and that's why we are where we are.  If he leaves Hurst in charge, we will NEVER get out of this league, sack him and we stand a chance.  Either way, Fenty should wave goodbye too, if the club fails to win back it's league status this season, enough is enough!  So Mr Fenty, over to you, make the right choices for once

So mate... who would you like to become the club's major financial backer?
Who woudl you like to put a few milllion into a club and say "don;t worry, they are not loans which I expect to be paid back"
Any names in the frame?

Perhaps not I would reckon...so the club folds then does it?

I respect people have opinions but I am just interested who you would suggest takes over from Mr Fenty?

It has been known of others, with probably more financial clout and certainly more sense than Fenty, that we're willing to invest in the club, but would not work with JF and therefore will not invest until he leaves. He alone has ruined our club, I don't understand how people still don't see this. The man is an an idiot, look at how he behaves with a young Wrexham fan for good example, his behaviour with the press, such as spats with RH & ET.  We should not trust our club with such a childish man, this is why we are 3 divisions down from where we started with him. We shall continue with poor attendances and little hope on the horizon that this will change, whilst he and Hurst remain.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 52
jimgtfc
November 30, 2014, 8:02am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,092
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from Vance Warner

It saddens me that people care much more about a defeat than a win. It saddens me that Hurst will never be more than one game away from a barrage of abuse. It saddens me that over the past 25 years of being a town fan there's always been a scapegoat. It saddens me that an all time scapegoats 11 would p1ss this league. Most of all it saddens me that  there is a negative cloud which permanently hangs over the club. It was there in the Buckley days, it was there under Slade and it will be there until people understand what support is and accept that we don't have a right to win every game

That's a pretty good post.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 52
Perkins
November 30, 2014, 12:24pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from grimsby pete
Give the job to Hill,

He really wants it.

Benny or Harry?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 52
promotion plaice
November 30, 2014, 3:19pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,045
Gold Stars: 197
Quoted from Perkins

Benny or Harry?

My money is on Benny  

[IMG]http://i58.tinypic.com/2ajta41.jpg[/IMG]

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 52
fleabag1970
November 30, 2014, 3:32pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
Quoted from Vance Warner

It saddens me that people care much more about a defeat than a win. It saddens me that Hurst will never be more than one game away from a barrage of abuse. It saddens me that over the past 25 years of being a town fan there's always been a scapegoat. It saddens me that an all time scapegoats 11 would p1ss this league. Most of all it saddens me that  there is a negative cloud which permanently hangs over the club. It was there in the Buckley days, it was there under Slade and it will be there until people understand what support is and accept that we don't have a right to win every game

Great Post , i also put the same on a post last week . There is a Cloud over BP it has been there since 2002 IMO . I cant put my finger on what / who it is that causes it but it is there alright .

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 52
rancido
November 30, 2014, 3:56pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,571
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from kingster72

It has been known of others, with probably more financial clout and certainly more sense than Fenty, that we're willing to invest in the club, but would not work with JF and therefore will not invest until he leaves. He alone has ruined our club, I don't understand how people still don't see this. The man is an an idiot, look at how he behaves with a young Wrexham fan for good example, his behaviour with the press, such as spats with RH & ET.  We should not trust our club with such a childish man, this is why we are 3 divisions down from where we started with him. We shall continue with poor attendances and little hope on the horizon that this will change, whilst he and Hurst remain.

If this is a reference to Mr Walker then there were several reasons why he chose to walk away and not specific to JF. You say others but I don't recall anybody else publicly stating that they were prepared to invest in the club and if I missed this then maybe you can name them.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 52
GorgeousGeorge
November 30, 2014, 4:42pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +30
Quoted from kingster72

Here we go yet again with the mythical investor nonsense.  Now, I don't know the man, I disagree with his  managerial appointments and his knack of scoring PR own goals.However, he has staked a significant portion of HIS money into the club.  I wouldn't have done it and I doubt many others would.  Give him a break, one day his luck will change.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 52
louth_in_the_south
November 30, 2014, 4:47pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,671
Gold Stars: 94
If anyone really credible came along with the right money I'm sure JF would be happy to let them have a go. . The simple fact is that as a non league club there isn't a queue of investors , and as a life long fan of gtfc JF isn't going to sell out to any tom male private or Harry . And for that I'm happy with that . Just ask Hereford fans if they'd like a JF in charge or what they've now got .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 52
Saudimariner
November 30, 2014, 4:57pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +304
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from grimsby pete
I think we need a poll.

Already too many of them in the UK
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 52
St. Pauli
December 1, 2014, 1:27pm

Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +223
Gold Stars: 1
I sometimes wonder if all this moaning on here is realy ment seriously. Town is SECOND of the table !!!

My team here in Germany , FC St. Pauli Hamburg, started the season with some hope for promotion, but now we find ourselves bottom of the table. But we fans (even on the forums) don't start moaning (at least not that much, what I ca reead on here ...) about this unexpected situation or point fingers at single persons. We make up our minds what we could do to change the fortunes together with the team, the manager, the club. We're all in the same boat.

Being second with every possible outcome of the season is a very comfortable situation, which many teams in all leagues do not have anymore at this time of the year. But still the fans go and support their respective team, even if they play around position 12 or 14 with nothing realy to win or loose. That is football.

I don't think that any fans ever had their share in a championship win or promotion by monaing, but they definetly had it by supporting their team and the persons in charge through thick and thin.

What should the fans of Borussia Dortmund say (yes the club who reached the CL final in 2013). They find themselves bottom of the Bundesliga now, but still have high hopes in Jürgen Klopp and his team and support them as much as ever.

So get behind the team and give them the little bit extra to do the (only) one step more up the table. I would do it, if I lived In UK !!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 52
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › For christ sake Fenty act and act now

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.