Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Same old....same old.......
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 376 Guests

Same old....same old.......

This thread currently has 2,996 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Sussexmariner
November 22, 2014, 7:28pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +618
Gold Stars: 18
Why are we so shocked at this sort of performance?

This happens time and time again under Hursts management. 10 odd games five good,  3 bad games, 2 indifferent !! this happens every season since he took charge.

We WILL finish in the play-offs, we WILL be beaten by a better team and so the cycle goes, that is what history shows us and that is what is happening this season. For the record I think he should've gone at the end of last season but financial restrictions means we are stuck with him

Are we any closer to getting promoted since Hurst has been here? No

Has he been given time to achieve promotion by the chairman and fans? Yes

Hurst out
Logged Offline
Private Message
jonnyboy82
November 22, 2014, 7:32pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.29
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,683
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from Sussexmariner

This happens time and time again under Hursts management. 10 odd games five good,  3 bad games, 2 indifferent !! this happens every season since he took charge.

We WILL finish in the play-offs, we WILL be beaten by a better team and so the cycle goes, that is what history shows us and that is what is happening this season. For the record I think he should've gone at the end of last season but financial restrictions means we are stuck with him

spot on !

he will split opinion massively some are happy with his boring style negative line ups and playoff finishes, some aren't and are not convinced he will ever have the final bit of quality to take us up as winners.

no prizes for what I think.

Paul is the master of false hope.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 23
DocTower
November 22, 2014, 7:44pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Well I have had enough of it , I've tried and tried to be constructive with my comments and cheered the team on during thd matches . What have we had over his watch ? Well it was for all to see today .
We were well and truly done but a makeshift partime team . Well done Hurst .
Not for the first time either , far to regular , far to regular at home .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 23
MarinerWY
November 22, 2014, 7:55pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,939
Gold Stars: 45
We are still second in the league, I think we've had a run of good results and we've copulated up with a draw and a loss. Woking is an important game.

I'm not saying that Hurst is definitely the man to take us up. More that there is no point in getting rid now, half way through a season, and it would be absurd given our league position. A good run and results against Barnet would see us pushing the automatic promotion spot.

A question to those anti-Hurst: are you advocating getting rid right not, at the end of the season if we don't get promoted, or just simply you don't have faith in him?
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 23
brad_gtfc
November 22, 2014, 8:08pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +16 / -3
Approval: +269
Stuck with him for financial reasons? Thought he was on a year to year contract? I could be wrong like.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 23
Sussexmariner
November 22, 2014, 8:17pm

Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from MarinerWY

A question to those anti-Hurst: are you advocating getting rid right not, at the end of the season if we don't get promoted, or just simply you don't have faith in him?

What I'm  saying and I think many others is we are not going to get out of this league with hurst as our manager and I base that theory on 2 1/2 years of predictable inconsistent performances. If I was Fenty pay hurst off and get someone MIGHT have a chance of getting us up

Hurst out
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 23
GrimRob
November 22, 2014, 8:18pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Sussexmariner

This sort of run is typical of virtually every football team! It's nothing special about PH. In fact if we were consistenly winning or losing then it would newsworthy in itself, such as recently when he picked up the manager of the month award.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 6 - 23
chaos33
November 22, 2014, 8:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
I unerstand the point and it's hard to disagree, but the frequency of the poor home performances/results is telling and a concern, surely. It's no fluke. No mathematical inevitability (of course you'll lose the odd one) - something isn't right.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 23
lee65
November 22, 2014, 8:41pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,450
Gold Stars: 9
Was it Hursts fault that they scored in under 2 mins from OUR poor corner?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 23
Sussexmariner
November 22, 2014, 8:47pm

Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from GrimRob

This sort of run is typical of virtually every football team! It's nothing special about PH. In fact if we were consistenly winning or losing then it would newsworthy in itself, such as recently when he picked up the manager of the month award.

How come Luton walked this league last season and every other team that has got promoted?

Hurst out
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 23
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Same old....same old.......

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.