Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Sussexmariner, November 22, 2014, 7:28pm
Why are we so shocked at this sort of performance?

This happens time and time again under Hursts management. 10 odd games five good,  3 bad games, 2 indifferent !! this happens every season since he took charge.

We WILL finish in the play-offs, we WILL be beaten by a better team and so the cycle goes, that is what history shows us and that is what is happening this season. For the record I think he should've gone at the end of last season but financial restrictions means we are stuck with him
Posted by: jonnyboy82, November 22, 2014, 7:32pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from Sussexmariner

This happens time and time again under Hursts management. 10 odd games five good,  3 bad games, 2 indifferent !! this happens every season since he took charge.

We WILL finish in the play-offs, we WILL be beaten by a better team and so the cycle goes, that is what history shows us and that is what is happening this season. For the record I think he should've gone at the end of last season but financial restrictions means we are stuck with him

spot on !

he will split opinion massively some are happy with his boring style negative line ups and playoff finishes, some aren't and are not convinced he will ever have the final bit of quality to take us up as winners.

no prizes for what I think.

Paul is the master of false hope.
Posted by: DocTower, November 22, 2014, 7:44pm; Reply: 2
Well I have had enough of it , I've tried and tried to be constructive with my comments and cheered the team on during thd matches . What have we had over his watch ? Well it was for all to see today .
We were well and truly done but a makeshift partime team . Well done Hurst .
Not for the first time either , far to regular , far to regular at home .
Posted by: MarinerWY, November 22, 2014, 7:55pm; Reply: 3
We are still second in the league, I think we've had a run of good results and we've copulated up with a draw and a loss. Woking is an important game.

I'm not saying that Hurst is definitely the man to take us up. More that there is no point in getting rid now, half way through a season, and it would be absurd given our league position. A good run and results against Barnet would see us pushing the automatic promotion spot.

A question to those anti-Hurst: are you advocating getting rid right not, at the end of the season if we don't get promoted, or just simply you don't have faith in him?
Posted by: brad_gtfc, November 22, 2014, 8:08pm; Reply: 4
Stuck with him for financial reasons? Thought he was on a year to year contract? I could be wrong like.
Posted by: Sussexmariner, November 22, 2014, 8:17pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from MarinerWY

A question to those anti-Hurst: are you advocating getting rid right not, at the end of the season if we don't get promoted, or just simply you don't have faith in him?

What I'm  saying and I think many others is we are not going to get out of this league with hurst as our manager and I base that theory on 2 1/2 years of predictable inconsistent performances. If I was Fenty pay hurst off and get someone MIGHT have a chance of getting us up

Posted by: GrimRob, November 22, 2014, 8:18pm; Reply: 6

This sort of run is typical of virtually every football team! It's nothing special about PH. In fact if we were consistenly winning or losing then it would newsworthy in itself, such as recently when he picked up the manager of the month award.
Posted by: chaos33, November 22, 2014, 8:37pm; Reply: 7
I unerstand the point and it's hard to disagree, but the frequency of the poor home performances/results is telling and a concern, surely. It's no fluke. No mathematical inevitability (of course you'll lose the odd one) - something isn't right.
Posted by: lee65, November 22, 2014, 8:41pm; Reply: 8
Was it Hursts fault that they scored in under 2 mins from OUR poor corner?
Posted by: Sussexmariner, November 22, 2014, 8:47pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from GrimRob

This sort of run is typical of virtually every football team! It's nothing special about PH. In fact if we were consistenly winning or losing then it would newsworthy in itself, such as recently when he picked up the manager of the month award.

How come Luton walked this league last season and every other team that has got promoted?

Posted by: cmackenzie4, November 22, 2014, 8:47pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from lee65
Was it Hursts fault that they scored in under 2 mins from OUR poor corner?

Not at all Lee!  But he should of made changes sooner than he did, Even Tondeur and Buckley said this.
Posted by: 2578 (Guest), November 22, 2014, 8:50pm; Reply: 11
This seasons a right off for me already but there is no point in sacking him now, bring in the new man for the last month of the season to evaluate the team.
Posted by: cmackenzie4, November 22, 2014, 8:56pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from 2578
This seasons a right off for me already but there is no point in sacking him now, bring in the new man for the last month of the season to evaluate the team.

I wouldn't say sat 2nd in the league is a right off, a couple of good additions in January and we should be strong contenders, For me we need an out and out striker, easier said than done though i suppose. :o
Posted by: GrimRob, November 22, 2014, 9:06pm; Reply: 13

How come Luton walked this league last season and every other team that has got promoted?

Luton are a much bigger club than us with a much bigger budget and lost 5 times last season. Cambridge a comparable club to us lost 10. We have lost 5 so far and are half way through the season almost, So we are on a par with Cambridge. We are second/third, we're on target for a decent season and we're ahead of all the other clubs who have a bigger budget than us. It's not the time for existential debates!.
Posted by: chaos33, November 22, 2014, 9:12pm; Reply: 14
Are Luton a 'much bigger' club than us? Really? Bigger sure. Their ambition, single-mindedness and investment is much bigger than us and that's the key.
Posted by: promotion plaice, November 22, 2014, 9:17pm; Reply: 15
[quote=3898]Are Luton a 'much bigger' club than us? Really? Bigger sure. Their ambition, single-mindedness and investment is much bigger than us and that's the key.[/quote

Yes but they also can tap of loads of clubs for players that don't have to move home. :(

Posted by: GrimRob, November 22, 2014, 9:19pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from chaos33
Are Luton a 'much bigger' club than us? Really? Bigger sure. Their ambition, single-mindedness and investment is much bigger than us and that's the key.

Sorry, but yes. They averaged over 6000 every year they were in the Conference. They were founder members of the Premier League, we've never been within spitting distance of it. They probably had twice as big a wage bill than us all the years we were in it together.
Posted by: chaos33, November 22, 2014, 9:33pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from promotion plaice
[quote=3898]Are Luton a 'much bigger' club than us? Really? Bigger sure. Their ambition, single-mindedness and investment is much bigger than us and that's the key.[/quote

Yes but they also can tap of loads of clubs for players that don't have to move home. :(

Fair enough, I don't disagree, but that doesn't make them 'much bigger' than us.
Posted by: chaos33, November 22, 2014, 9:38pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from GrimRob

Sorry, but yes. They averaged over 6000 every year they were in the Conference. They were founder members of the Premier League, we've never been within spitting distance of it. They probably had twice as big a wage bill than us all the years we were in it together.

Well I know that last comment to be untrue based on last year.
Yes they are bigger than us, but wow - 6000 at home average! That makes them 'much bigger'!?!

Nottingham Forest are much bigger than us. Sheffield Utd, Bolton Wanderers.
There's not that much between us and Luton. They just think bigger. They set their stall out. Luton showed single minded determination to win promotion and, by the time they pulled it off, had no tolerance whatsoever for second best, substandard or mediocre. You delivered the goods, or you were gone.

I'm not splitting this hair any more.
Posted by: 2578 (Guest), November 22, 2014, 9:55pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from cmackenzie4

I wouldn't say sat 2nd in the league is a right off, a couple of good additions in January and we should be strong contenders, For me we need an out and out striker, easier said than done though i suppose. :o

Yeah I maybe sounds a bit over the top but just based on recent performances 2nd in the league feels wrong, And I just can't see the team getting a grip of the inconsistency, I've watched them enough now to see that there's there's something missing, because we look a good team on paper more than capable of running away with the title, but it's just not happening we don't dominate teams like serious champions should, we looked  like the part timers at times today and hurst has to shoulder most of the blame.

Sorry Chris but I've resigned myself to another season of non league mediocrity next year I'm afraid, sorry for the pessimistic view but I had more enjoyment at my mothers funeral than watching today's performance excrement I hope a feel better than this in the morning  :-/
Anyway I hope I'm wrong  I want to see them go up just for your sake you deserve it pal you've been the most positive poster on here since it started, you must have more patience than Joseph of Nazareth.
Posted by: rancido, November 23, 2014, 12:45pm; Reply: 20

At this stage last season what position were Luton? I seem to think they got off to a mediocre start and only really maintained the top spot post Christmas. In fact I seem to recall that most of the teams that got promoted as Champions in previous seasons weren't in top spot prior to Christmas.
Posted by: Sussexmariner, November 23, 2014, 2:33pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from rancido

At this stage last season what position were Luton? I seem to think they got off to a mediocre start and only really maintained the top spot post Christmas. In fact I seem to recall that most of the teams that got promoted as Champions in previous seasons weren't in top spot prior to Christmas.

Were'nt we on top of the league at some stage last season and the season before?

Didn't have what it takes to push on and finish the job

same old.......same old....

Posted by: rancido, November 23, 2014, 4:10pm; Reply: 22

Were'nt we on top of the league at some stage last season and the season before?

Didn't have what it takes to push on and finish the job

same old.......same old....

The point I was trying to make was that Luton didn't storm the league prior to Christmas. A lot of other teams have only really pushed for  and got into a promotion position post Christmas.
Posted by: Sussexmariner, November 23, 2014, 5:03pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from rancido

The point I was trying to make was that Luton didn't storm the league prior to Christmas. A lot of other teams have only really pushed for  and got into a promotion position post Christmas.

Point taken, can you ever see town "storming" this league with Hurst in charge?!

Print page generated: March 28, 2024, 11:23pm