Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Same old....same old.......
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 161 Guests

Same old....same old.......

This thread currently has 3,022 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
rancido
November 23, 2014, 12:45pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,560
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Sussexmariner

How come Luton walked this league last season and every other team that has got promoted?

At this stage last season what position were Luton? I seem to think they got off to a mediocre start and only really maintained the top spot post Christmas. In fact I seem to recall that most of the teams that got promoted as Champions in previous seasons weren't in top spot prior to Christmas.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 23
Sussexmariner
November 23, 2014, 2:33pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +618
Gold Stars: 18
Quoted from rancido

At this stage last season what position were Luton? I seem to think they got off to a mediocre start and only really maintained the top spot post Christmas. In fact I seem to recall that most of the teams that got promoted as Champions in previous seasons weren't in top spot prior to Christmas.

Were'nt we on top of the league at some stage last season and the season before?

Didn't have what it takes to push on and finish the job

same old.......same old....

Are we any closer to getting promoted since Hurst has been here? No

Has he been given time to achieve promotion by the chairman and fans? Yes

Hurst out
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 23
rancido
November 23, 2014, 4:10pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,560
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Sussexmariner

Were'nt we on top of the league at some stage last season and the season before?

Didn't have what it takes to push on and finish the job

same old.......same old....

The point I was trying to make was that Luton didn't storm the league prior to Christmas. A lot of other teams have only really pushed for  and got into a promotion position post Christmas.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 23
Sussexmariner
November 23, 2014, 5:03pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +618
Gold Stars: 18
Quoted from rancido

The point I was trying to make was that Luton didn't storm the league prior to Christmas. A lot of other teams have only really pushed for  and got into a promotion position post Christmas.

Point taken, can you ever see town "storming" this league with Hurst in charge?!

Are we any closer to getting promoted since Hurst has been here? No

Has he been given time to achieve promotion by the chairman and fans? Yes

Hurst out
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 23
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Same old....same old.......

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.