Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Why Lincoln are a joke..
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 176 Guests

Why Lincoln are a joke..

This thread currently has 5,476 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
pizzzza
November 18, 2014, 8:00pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
intercourse'em. We've got more in common with the big Yorkshire towns and cities than those carrot crunching yokels.
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 33
Hagrid
November 18, 2014, 8:45pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,389
Gold Stars: 534
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

Think you need to chill. Firstly, there are a lot of town fans who live here in Lincoln, secondly all places have good bad and indifferent people in their populus and thirdly Grimsby is no better or worse a place.  I know a lot of comments are made in jest but its bloody annoying when these catch all phrases are tossed out.

Up to now always thought your comments were pretty good and fair minded, but must go thats my sister at the door, wonder what she wants

Apologies mate, after reading what i put, think ive gone very much OTT, although i will say i think its appalling journalism, sorry if ive offended you and i withdraw my remarks
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 33
chaos33
November 18, 2014, 8:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 360
A man goes into a bar with his dog in Lincoln city centre.
He buys a beer and props up the bar. Looking up, he notices the TV screen above the bar, relaying the latest scores via Sky Sports news. He watches with interest....

The final scores start to come in. As the Lincoln City result flashes upon the screen, the dog promptly rolls over onto his back, waggles his paws in the air and howls. The Barman, looking up startled, asks the fella "What's all that about?!"
The owner rolls his eyes and replies "Yeah, sorry about that........he always does that when Lincoln lose".
The Barman looks bewildered and asks "If he does that when City lose, what does he do when they win?!?"

"Oh I couldn't tell you" shrugs the man.........."I've only had him 10 months".

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 33
fleabag1970
November 18, 2014, 9:00pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
Lazy Story , writen by a Lazy Journo and ok'd by a Lazy Editor ........................................All that is wrong with Local Papers !!!!!!!!!

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 33
Les Brechin
November 18, 2014, 9:11pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,708
Gold Stars: 174

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 33
chicaneuk
November 18, 2014, 9:22pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +14 / 0
Approval: +1,486
Gold Stars: 5
That's some of the most urine poor journalism I think I've ever seen. I don't even live in Grimsby or Lincoln, but they should be embarrassed about the dross they're putting to print.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 33
RoboCod
November 18, 2014, 9:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
It's the shoddy reporting that's amazed me. I have my family split over Grimsby and Lincoln going back generations and those who were Lincoln born and bred will be mystified by this, it's obviously done solely to get a few LOL'z from a few dozen Lincoln fans.
No reporter has put a name to the piece either, but the irony is that Skint could easily make a show here, and in any Town in the UK. The ongoing attempt to move the numerous drunks from the church (who were an unofficial greeting party for anyone stepping off the train at Lincoln Station) one of many aspects of the drinking and loutish culture that Lincoln has.
Or maybe (and getting on topic) it's just a clever distraction to stop fans from questioning just how Moyses has manufactured and bought himself a situation where he becomes the manager, while daft old Bob crosses his fingers and hopes.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 33
cmackenzie4
November 19, 2014, 6:22am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.26
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from chaos33
A man goes into a bar with his dog in Lincoln city centre.
He buys a beer and props up the bar. Looking up, he notices the TV screen above the bar, relaying the latest scores via Sky Sports news. He watches with interest....

The final scores start to come in. As the Lincoln City result flashes upon the screen, the dog promptly rolls over onto his back, waggles his paws in the air and howls. The Barman, looking up startled, asks the fella "What's all that about?!"
The owner rolls his eyes and replies "Yeah, sorry about that........he always does that when Lincoln lose".
The Barman looks bewildered and asks "If he does that when City lose, what does he do when they win?!?"

"Oh I couldn't tell you" shrugs the man.........."I've only had him 10 months".

Very good mate.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 33
Maringer
November 19, 2014, 7:20am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,491
Gold Stars: 185
Why is the reporting in the Lincolnshire Echo so shite? For the same reason that the reporting in the Telewag is pretty shite (though admittedly, not quite as bad). They are owned by Northcliffe Media (or whatever they are called these days). Used to belong to the Daily Mail, hence the gleeful hunt for stories about scumbags and their ASBOs, lots of 'naming and shaming' of people and the like.

That said, the linked Echo article is embarrassingly bad.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 33
maxfox44
November 19, 2014, 9:51am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +139
I was born and lived in Grimsby until I was 15 and then moved to Lincoln.  As I have family and of course home matches to go to, I'm along the A46 quite a lot.  What really saddens me about this article and the need for both "newspapers" to be trading insults, is that it is the entire area that gets dragged down.  Let's face it, Lincolnshire generally is known as a fairly rough, agricultural/traditional industry area, whereby the old stereotypes still exist for outsiders.  The last thing we need is for the media to hype up this terrible, dramatised edited nonsense, that I have now doubt could be filmed practically anywhere in the UK.

I remember being pelted with ice by the Norwich fans during the Milk Cup match, do you?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 33
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Why Lincoln are a joke..

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.