Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 298 Guests

Match Thread

This thread currently has 23,246 views. Print
18 Pages Prev ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 All Recommend Thread
November 15, 2014, 9:02pm
Guest User
Quoted from Chrisblor

I'm just annoyed about it because it was such a poor pass and easily preventable if he'd just put some effort into his clearance and punted it towards the corner flag so we could clear our lines. I didn't think he played particularly well, but then again I don't think he's a midfielder and would have started Clay instead if Hurst was insistent on playing a holding midfielder. He's solid enough defensively but poor with the ball at his feet and it cost us today.

Appreciate your support today and share some of your disappointment and frustration.

But tbh, it feels a little late to object about "who should've started" now. (IMO !)

Perhaps you should have posted your fears BEFORE on "Team for Altrincham" ?

I noticed you posted your preference for Neilson on "Team for Halifax".
Maybe Hurst heard you before but didn't this time and might have done again if you had ? Who can really say for sure...
Same as Big Chris seemed to get things fairly spot on in HIS selection v Halifax, credit to many others (including yourself) for guessing correctly saying Neilson should have started too.

But all this "if Hurst was insistent on" well, I'm afraid you pick your own XI.
You don't wait for Hurst to pick his team before deciding on yours ?

That said, there's AMPLE opportunity to state fears + preferences for certain positions and formations (and let's be fair "holding midfielder" is hardly new) in same thread before the game kicks off too.

FWIW I think Clay could fit into the "holding midfielder" position in the future too !

I'd seriously encourage you to post (preferably your full XI) because I honestly believe it's possible the club could genuinely benefit from these suggestions. (perhaps some won't agree however !)

And same way players make mistakes, surely no-one is ever expecting anyone to be Alex Ferguson (or Hurst) and get it right every time either.
Not that many people's ever get picked anyway with 11 players but there's always room to share preferences, fears and ideas.

Now whether Hurst should or shouldn't listen to fans (assuming he reads the fishy anyway !) is another question.
But facts are, you've every opportunity to post your team and preferences beforehand.
So there's no need to necessarily object or complain after.

While posting all these painful (but seemingly necessary) long posts to point out the bleedin' obvious might good enough reason to just stop, I continue to be very grateful to the fishy and to Rob (thankyou BTW !) for all his continual hard work (does such a great job !) and the opportunity to read and contribute as a mere fan looking on from the outside.

I honestly think it's quite a privilege really !
Reply: 170 - 173
Abdul19
November 16, 2014, 1:41am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,555
Gold Stars: 216
Hurst holds numerous coaching licences and manages a professional football club.  

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 171 - 173
BeijingMariner
November 16, 2014, 5:11am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,677
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from MarinerWY

Only really from one poster, who I can't work out whether is a genuine poster or a troll.

is that me? I ask because I said I thought he should be benched....I wasnt there so I don't know but going by JT's commentary he had a poor game, plenty of mistakes to choose from and to be honest, listening to all the matches I didnt pick up that he had lived up to the hype, that's all. Does that make me a troll?

Oh, I just re-read, you mean Bruce Spingsteen. Hm, no idea.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 172 - 173
Mariner Ronnie
November 16, 2014, 10:45am

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from jonnyboy82

And i thought i posted some excrement!

Well said

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 173 - 173
18 Pages Prev ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.