Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Town's 5-Year Goal To Net New Stadium
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 25 Guests

Town's 5-Year Goal To Net New Stadium

This thread currently has 21,948 views. Print
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
arryarryarry
November 16, 2014, 6:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from barralad

There are no plans-at least not on paper. It is your opinion and you are quite entitled to hold it but it remains that-an opinion that has to be based entirely on supposition at the moment.
The residents may have known about the existence of a football club when they purchased their properties but as regards the redevelopment of B.P. they would have at least equal grounds for complaint with the extra traffic, noise etc. involved in any building work and whilst this would be an extended temporary inconvenience the residents would have to live with the results. Far more people would be affected by that redevelopment than by any development along Peaks Parkway which would increase the chances of planning permission not being given.
Does your opinion stretch to considering how revamping B.P. would give the club the 7 day use that J.F. hopes for with the Parkway development?
I suspect that whatever we say about Blundell Park's suitability that J.F. will have a big say in it seeing as the proponents of a scheme for upgrading B.P. tacitly appear to expect him to foot what remains of the bill after allowing for any grants. Grants which, incidentally could be available for Parkway...
That is my opinion. I suspect we won't know which of us is "right" until proper plans are published.

Interesting what 7 day use there would be.

Private Message
Reply: 80 - 108
grimsby pete
November 16, 2014, 6:45pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,792
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from arryarryarry

Yoga ?

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 108
barralad
November 16, 2014, 6:47pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from arryarryarry

Well I'm led to believe there will be sports facilities, conference facilities and leisure facilities but as I said before anything at the moment is hearsay! I have no inside information-like just about anyone else who has contributed to the myriad threads on the subject  

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 108
barralad
November 16, 2014, 6:48pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from grimsby pete

Yoga ?

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 108
promotion plaice
November 16, 2014, 7:05pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,049
Gold Stars: 197
Shoot me down, but if raising enough money for the ground is the stumbling block, why not slash the cost, and build half of it ( two sides ) giving a more than adequate capacity of 7,000 at this moment in time.

Then when the times right ( financially and need for greater capacity ) finish the third side, ultimately completing the project.

Part of something is better than lots of nowt.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 108
barralad
November 16, 2014, 7:39pm
Mariners Trust
God I'm in danger of hogging this whole thread....Have you been to Oxford's Kassam stadium? They decided to develop three sides. The empty end really kills atmosphere. If you need to reduce the amount of build then M.K. Dons ground was probably the best. Apparently they built one tier with the proviso they could build on top should the need ever arise (hardly likely for Franchise F.C. but a good idea nevertheless...)

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 108
rancido
November 16, 2014, 7:45pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,574
Gold Stars: 96
Nobody on here seems to have any ideas on how to address the problem of planning permission for any development at BP. It wouldn't be a foregone conclusion that because there is a stand there now then if we demolished it we could just replace it without involving the council for planning permission. As I've said before the only reason we went down the road of a new ground all those years ago was because  of the councils preferred choice of relocation as opposed to updating BP.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 108
moosey_club
November 16, 2014, 7:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

I think that's everyone's worst fear moosey. A cloned box stadium (a bit like the original great Coates) that has no soul.

i dont think there is a modern stadium that has a soul, been to plenty and the larger ones all look exactly the same once inside,  a bowl of concrete steps, plastic seats, block walling and steel beams.
I personally would prefer the four distinct stand type of design if possible, old school.
On the smaller scale of new grounds i actually quite liked Dartford's, sod the all seater design off and at least give the home fans a proper terrace section to play in.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 108
arryarryarry
November 16, 2014, 9:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from barralad

Well I'm led to believe there will be sports facilities, conference facilities and leisure facilities but as I said before anything at the moment is hearsay! I have no inside information-like just about anyone else who has contributed to the myriad threads on the subject  

But like I mentioned in another post, who will actually own the ground and surrounding area.

If it is like the Keepmoat for instance, this wasn't built for just the benefit of Doncaster Rovers as they are only leasing it for their home matches, it is used for ladies football and rugby so I would suggest monies from the use of the conference facilities, leisure facilities and even concerts held there would go into a pot to try and pay off the original cost and running of the site not for the benefit of Donny Rovers.

So perhaps if this could be confirmed by someone
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 108
barralad
November 16, 2014, 10:07pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from arryarryarry

But like I mentioned in another post, who will actually own the ground and surrounding area.

If it is like the Keepmoat for instance, this wasn't built for just the benefit of Doncaster Rovers as they are only leasing it for their home matches, it is used for ladies football and rugby so I would suggest monies from the use of the conference facilities, leisure facilities and even concerts held there would go into a pot to try and pay off the original cost and running of the site not for the benefit of Donny Rovers.

So perhaps if this could be confirmed by someone

You could be right. I guess only time and a few concrete planning documents will tell....

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 108
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Town's 5-Year Goal To Net New Stadium

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.