psgmariner
October 30, 2014, 3:39pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from tashee69

Some call it patronising, some call it teaching. When I was younger I thought the non league team was Altringham.
It wasn't until somebody told me otherwise. Was they being patronising?  If every grammatical error was being picked up, then cause for possible complaint.

Were.

Private Message
Reply: 20 - 25
friskneymariner
October 30, 2014, 4:21pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,157
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from tashee69

Some call it patronising, some call it teaching. When I was younger I thought the non league team was Altringham.
It wasn't until somebody told me otherwise. Was they being patronising?  If every grammatical error was being picked up, then cause for possible complaint.

Us

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 25
Paris Mariner
October 30, 2014, 4:23pm
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
Quoted from SamTheMariner
Last year a game changer at Macc but this year a rubbish. He just kicks the ball in front of him and runs after it. Arnold looks far better.

I thought MacKreth was one of best players v Wrexham. Offered a good outlet going forward.

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 22 - 25
October 30, 2014, 7:20pm
Guest User
One thing also overlooked IMO is he's a good passer of the ball.
Least I can't remember him giving it away too often...

Generally speaking think wingers are easy targets for criticism.
They can often be starved of service (not always their fault) and when involved are often expected to beat their man (not easy) and put in the perfect ball every time. Not to mention the work they do tracking back...

It's gonna be interesting to see who starts v Dartford as Neilson has hardly been tearing up trees recently either.
Reply: 23 - 25
rancido
October 30, 2014, 7:32pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,527
Gold Stars: 96
[quote=4235]

As an aside, why do some people capitalise on every opportunity to preach perfection to those, who may in all probability, not quite have the written skills of the patronising few?[/quote]

It's nothing to do with a "patronising few" but more a case of understanding the English written language as is used in this country! The basic levels of literacy in this country ie maths and English Grammar , are in decline. Instead of criticising those that have accomplished these basic skills it might be better to advocate their use.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 25
October 30, 2014, 8:51pm
Guest User
1 thing I've just noticed too...

On the OS there's a useful little box named "Leaderboard form".

Who prey is top of "assists" ?
Jack Mackreth...  

Interestingly too LJL has most fouls committed and most shots on target.
Yes, sometimes some stats don't tell you the whole story.
But not sure you can argue too much with "assists" or goals scored.
Reply: 25 - 25
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jack MacKreth

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.