Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: SamTheMariner, October 30, 2014, 8:56am
Last year a game changer at Macc but this year a rubbish. He just kicks the ball in front of him and runs after it. Arnold looks far better.
Posted by: ivanosandwich, October 30, 2014, 8:59am; Reply: 1
A well thought out and constructive post.

Well done.
Posted by: psgmariner, October 30, 2014, 9:03am; Reply: 2
Pretty much spot on though.
Posted by: ivanosandwich, October 30, 2014, 9:08am; Reply: 3
I agree that Arnold is in good form at present but so is Mackreth and they are different players and give something different to the team.

It has taken him time to settle in but in the last few games, he has been on good form and contibuted to the team. Last week he put in a great run and cross for the first goal.
Posted by: Les Brechin, October 30, 2014, 9:10am; Reply: 4
Although I agree he's not impressed much since being here, he was instrumental in the breakthrough goal against Guiseley!
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, October 30, 2014, 9:20am; Reply: 5
Ffs!!!

Do we need a scape goat every week???

If so, instead of totw can we have sgotw
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, October 30, 2014, 9:23am; Reply: 6
what has made you post this on a thursday morning ?

criticise him after a game, yeah, but half way through the week ?
Posted by: jimgtfc, October 30, 2014, 9:34am; Reply: 7
I think he's steadily been getting better, offers a good outlet and helps us get in behind. Might be a better impact sub though.
Posted by: Perkins, October 30, 2014, 9:42am; Reply: 8
And we wonder why players don't want to come here.
Posted by: fleabag1970, October 30, 2014, 9:49am; Reply: 9
Kevin Drinkell had a bad game once, it was a saturday in December i think....................................................... ??)
Posted by: TAGG, October 30, 2014, 10:53am; Reply: 10
Quoted from jimgtfc
I think he's steadily been getting better, offers a good outlet and helps us get in behind. Might be a better impact sub though.

No he isn't.
No he doesn't.
No he won't.
Posted by: Chrisblor, October 30, 2014, 11:14am; Reply: 11
I have to say I've been distinctly unimpressed with him so far (but I have seen him play very well against us in the past for Barrow and Macclesfield). Mackreth's not beating his full-back with any consistency, his crosses have been mostly poor and his finishing (from very good positions - Wrexham & Halifax away games come to mind) has been awful. He hasn't really offered anything more than Joe Colbeck did last season. Hopefully the return of Arnold will add a bit more competition on the wings and he'll up his game to the level we've seen him play at before.

As a side point, why do some people capitalise his name as 'MacKreth'? I'm pretty sure it's just 'Mackreth'.
Posted by: Abdul19, October 30, 2014, 11:48am; Reply: 12
Quoted from Chrisblor

As a side point, why do some people capitalise his name as 'MacKreth'? I'm pretty sure it's just 'Mackreth'.

THIS!

Possibly worse than the man he replaced: Coulbeck ;)
Posted by: livosnose, October 30, 2014, 12:31pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
what has made you post this on a thursday morning ?

criticise him after a game, yeah, but half way through the week ?

It's half term , you've just had your fifth w@nk of the day what's else is there to do with the rest of the day ?  :-/
Posted by: GorgeousGeorge, October 30, 2014, 1:05pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from Chrisblor
I have to say I've been distinctly unimpressed with him so far (but I have seen him play very well against us in the past for Barrow and Macclesfield). Mackreth's not beating his full-back with any consistency, his crosses have been mostly poor and his finishing (from very good positions - Wrexham & Halifax away games come to mind) has been awful. He hasn't really offered anything more than Joe Colbeck did last season. Hopefully the return of Arnold will add a bit more competition on the wings and he'll up his game to the level we've seen him play at before.

As an aside, why do some people capitalise on every opportunity to preach perfection to those, who may in all probability, not quite have the written skills of the patronising few?
Posted by: Chrisblor, October 30, 2014, 1:47pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from GorgeousGeorge

As an aside, why do some people capitalise on every opportunity to preach perfection to those, who may in all probability, not quite have the written skills of the patronising few?

Because spelling and punctuation are important, and it's not difficult to look up how someone's name is spelt or capitalised. I suppose your not a fan of the mocking laughter that emanates from our supporters when a stadium announcer at an away game mispronounces a Town player's name then?
Posted by: immariner, October 30, 2014, 1:50pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Chrisblor

Because spelling and punctuation are important, and it's not difficult to look up how someone's name is spelt or capitalised. I suppose your not a fan of the mocking laughter that emanates from our supporters when a stadium announcer at an away game mispronounces a Town player's name then?

*You're.

Your welcome! ;)
Posted by: Chrisblor, October 30, 2014, 2:05pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from immariner

*You're.

Your welcome! ;)

I've timed that mistake well :o

Posted by: tashee69, October 30, 2014, 2:24pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from GorgeousGeorge

Some call it patronising, some call it teaching. When I was younger I thought the non league team was Altringham.
It wasn't until somebody told me otherwise. Was they being patronising?  If every grammatical error was being picked up, then cause for possible complaint.
Posted by: oldun, October 30, 2014, 3:36pm; Reply: 19
I don't think we have seen the best of him yet, but I do think he is settling in and making a better contribution. I think he is better than Coulbeck, certainly his crossing is better. I think the strikers could get on the end of them better.
Posted by: psgmariner, October 30, 2014, 3:39pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from tashee69

Some call it patronising, some call it teaching. When I was younger I thought the non league team was Altringham.
It wasn't until somebody told me otherwise. Was they being patronising?  If every grammatical error was being picked up, then cause for possible complaint.

Were.

:)
Posted by: friskneymariner, October 30, 2014, 4:21pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from tashee69

Us
Posted by: Paris Mariner, October 30, 2014, 4:23pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from SamTheMariner
Last year a game changer at Macc but this year a rubbish. He just kicks the ball in front of him and runs after it. Arnold looks far better.

I thought MacKreth was one of best players v Wrexham. Offered a good outlet going forward.
Posted by: 120797 (Guest), October 30, 2014, 7:20pm; Reply: 23
One thing also overlooked IMO is he's a good passer of the ball.
Least I can't remember him giving it away too often...

Generally speaking think wingers are easy targets for criticism.
They can often be starved of service (not always their fault) and when involved are often expected to beat their man (not easy) and put in the perfect ball every time. Not to mention the work they do tracking back...

It's gonna be interesting to see who starts v Dartford as Neilson has hardly been tearing up trees recently either.
Posted by: rancido, October 30, 2014, 7:32pm; Reply: 24
[quote=4235]

As an aside, why do some people capitalise on every opportunity to preach perfection to those, who may in all probability, not quite have the written skills of the patronising few?[/quote]

It's nothing to do with a "patronising few" but more a case of understanding the English written language as is used in this country! The basic levels of literacy in this country ie maths and English Grammar , are in decline. Instead of criticising those that have accomplished these basic skills it might be better to advocate their use.
Posted by: 120797 (Guest), October 30, 2014, 8:51pm; Reply: 25
1 thing I've just noticed too...

On the OS there's a useful little box named "Leaderboard form".

Who prey is top of "assists" ?
Jack Mackreth...  :)

Interestingly too LJL has most fouls committed and most shots on target.
Yes, sometimes some stats don't tell you the whole story.
But not sure you can argue too much with "assists" or goals scored.
Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 7:36am