TAGG
October 30, 2014, 10:53am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -26
Approval: +2,971
Gold Stars: 123
Quoted from jimgtfc
I think he's steadily been getting better, offers a good outlet and helps us get in behind. Might be a better impact sub though.

No he isn't.
No he doesn't.
No he won't.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 25
Chrisblor
October 30, 2014, 11:14am

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,758
Gold Stars: 233
I have to say I've been distinctly unimpressed with him so far (but I have seen him play very well against us in the past for Barrow and Macclesfield). Mackreth's not beating his full-back with any consistency, his crosses have been mostly poor and his finishing (from very good positions - Wrexham & Halifax away games come to mind) has been awful. He hasn't really offered anything more than Joe Colbeck did last season. Hopefully the return of Arnold will add a bit more competition on the wings and he'll up his game to the level we've seen him play at before.

As a side point, why do some people capitalise his name as 'MacKreth'? I'm pretty sure it's just 'Mackreth'.

gary jones
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 25
Abdul19
October 30, 2014, 11:48am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,504
Gold Stars: 215
Quoted from Chrisblor

As a side point, why do some people capitalise his name as 'MacKreth'? I'm pretty sure it's just 'Mackreth'.

THIS!

Possibly worse than the man he replaced: Coulbeck

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 25
livosnose
October 30, 2014, 12:31pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +14 / -9
Approval: +1,159
Gold Stars: 15
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
what has made you post this on a thursday morning ?

criticise him after a game, yeah, but half way through the week ?

It's half term , you've just had your fifth w@nk of the day what's else is there to do with the rest of the day ?  

[img][/img]
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 25
GorgeousGeorge
October 30, 2014, 1:05pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +30
Quoted from Chrisblor
I have to say I've been distinctly unimpressed with him so far (but I have seen him play very well against us in the past for Barrow and Macclesfield). Mackreth's not beating his full-back with any consistency, his crosses have been mostly poor and his finishing (from very good positions - Wrexham & Halifax away games come to mind) has been awful. He hasn't really offered anything more than Joe Colbeck did last season. Hopefully the return of Arnold will add a bit more competition on the wings and he'll up his game to the level we've seen him play at before.

As an aside, why do some people capitalise on every opportunity to preach perfection to those, who may in all probability, not quite have the written skills of the patronising few?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 25
Chrisblor
October 30, 2014, 1:47pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from GorgeousGeorge

As an aside, why do some people capitalise on every opportunity to preach perfection to those, who may in all probability, not quite have the written skills of the patronising few?

Because spelling and punctuation are important, and it's not difficult to look up how someone's name is spelt or capitalised. I suppose your not a fan of the mocking laughter that emanates from our supporters when a stadium announcer at an away game mispronounces a Town player's name then?

gary jones
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 25
immariner
October 30, 2014, 1:50pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,405
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from Chrisblor

Because spelling and punctuation are important, and it's not difficult to look up how someone's name is spelt or capitalised. I suppose your not a fan of the mocking laughter that emanates from our supporters when a stadium announcer at an away game mispronounces a Town player's name then?

*You're.

Your welcome!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 25
Chrisblor
October 30, 2014, 2:05pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from immariner

*You're.

Your welcome!

I've timed that mistake well

gary jones
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 25
tashee69
October 30, 2014, 2:24pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +28 / -4
Approval: +958
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from GorgeousGeorge

Some call it patronising, some call it teaching. When I was younger I thought the non league team was Altringham.
It wasn't until somebody told me otherwise. Was they being patronising?  If every grammatical error was being picked up, then cause for possible complaint.

Baldrick ! The only impression you can do is that of a man with no talent !!
GTFC team 09/10 - Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick.
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 25
oldun
October 30, 2014, 3:36pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
I don't think we have seen the best of him yet, but I do think he is settling in and making a better contribution. I think he is better than Coulbeck, certainly his crossing is better. I think the strikers could get on the end of them better.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 25
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jack MacKreth

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.