This thread currently has 5,299 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Caesar
October 11, 2014, 7:35am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +1,799
Awesome article from Carl.  Oddly he is one of the players I do not think has underperformed.  If that attitude was shared by everyone at the club (i.e. manager and all the players) I would have confidence we would still get out of this league.  I hope Carl's passion and drive spread!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 37
Tangerine Chris
October 11, 2014, 7:41am
Old git with a sense of humour
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: -24
Did anyone listen to the audio on the online telegraph last night?  Hurst says it was 4 3 3 on Tuesday night, but he put Lenny upfront on his own!!  Well doesnt that make it 4 5 1 like the fans were saying?

IF YOU PLAY FOR THE BADGE ON THE FRONT OF YOUR SHIRT
THEY WILL REMEMBER THE NAME ON THE BACK OF IT

You can change your wife, your house, your car, but you can never change your team.
Chairmen come and go, boards come and go, but the fans remain.
They are the one true constant

Eddie Thompson OBE
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 37
October 11, 2014, 8:24am
Guest User
Quoted from Tangerine Chris
Did anyone listen to the audio on the online telegraph last night?  Hurst says it was 4 3 3 on Tuesday night, but he put Lenny upfront on his own!!  Well doesnt that make it 4 5 1 like the fans were saying?

Hurst wouldn't recognise a 433 if he was playing table football!
Reply: 32 - 37
Garth
October 11, 2014, 9:16am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from Caesar
Awesome article from Carl.  Oddly he is one of the players I do not think has underperformed.  If that attitude was shared by everyone at the club (i.e. manager and all the players) I would have confidence we would still get out of this league.  I hope Carl's passion and drive spread!

One for the future manager wise, sets an example on and off the field,dream ticket Doig as manager with Magnay as playing assistant.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 37
Mariners_15
October 11, 2014, 12:34pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +17 / -4
Approval: +538
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from chaos33
Jeez, if this doesn't make your blood f***ing curdle if you're a long-standing Town fan. If you thought Fenty's statement was asinine, Hurst tops it with an unwitting glimpse into the psycholgy of his management and low-rent expectations. Here it is - the ethos at the heart of the club. The manager thinks we lack self-belief, but then states that he thinks we are a match for most sides in the conference and that we can 'challenge for the play-offs'! And, the Chairman endorses it and sustains it! And people wonder why we're mid table?!

Here are all the answers. The low ambition, low expectation, mediocre standards, hope-for-the-best drivers that prop up the club. Evidently, it's too much to state that "We know we can beat anyone', or "We'll be aiming for two wins in the next two games", or "People don't want to play us" and words to that effect. I'll tell you what Paul Hurst and John Fenty; you reap what you sow in football. If you wonder about self belief and confidence, why not set a shining example? Where's the fight? The spirit? The confidence and pride? It has to come from within. No, if we try hard we can give most teams a good game?! The Club have to manifest self belief and share it with the supporters, but instead, this guff.

Honestly, it's right at the heart of the issue - the stinking lack of vision, ambition and drive at this club, and the tolerance of this small-time thinking. It accounts for our middling, go-nowhere situation to a large extent. Fenty accepts it and wants to retain it, and he expects you and me to go along with it too. Just a bit longer. Keep the faith. We're a match for most teams.

No thanks. Not for me. It's pathetic and it's infuriating.

Well said that man, got it absolutely spot on there.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 37
Abdul19
October 11, 2014, 1:00pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,558
Gold Stars: 216
Quoted from Garth

One for the future manager wise, sets an example on and off the field,dream ticket Doig as manager with Magnay as playing assistant.

What contacts - we could get Drogba on loan!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 37
grimsby pete
October 11, 2014, 1:14pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,794
Gold Stars: 222
It was Magnay that told Hurst how we could beat Gateshead,

I agree with Garth Doig as Manager with Carl as assistant.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 37
tashee69
October 11, 2014, 2:03pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +28 / -4
Approval: +955
Gold Stars: 23
He's even managed to convince me. There was a time when I was confident of going to a game and getting a result. Now I dread the likes of Torquay, Wrexham, Barnet, etc coming here because I'm hoping we can something out of the game. He's made me feel we're a Lincoln, Aldershot type of club. A mid table team, going nowhere.

Baldrick ! The only impression you can do is that of a man with no talent !!
GTFC team 09/10 - Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick.
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 37
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The manager's statement

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.