Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › the statement!!!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 298 Guests

the statement!!!

This thread currently has 6,989 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
October 9, 2014, 2:14pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from GrimRob
Good statement down to the fans now to back the team

I sometimes think you have your tongue permanently in your cheek Rob!

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 64
Garth
October 9, 2014, 2:16pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from Chrisblor

Yes, but only because I live in Sheffield and can't get a train back afterwards for midweek matches. I've been to Bristol, Aldershot, Halifax, Kidderminster and Dartford so far this season, and will be heading to Wrexham on Saturday, so I'm still supporting the team.

Thanks   Good on yer
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 64
MuddyWaters
October 9, 2014, 2:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,233
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Chrisblor

Yes, but only because I live in Sheffield and can't get a train back afterwards for midweek matches. I've been to Bristol, Aldershot, Halifax, Kidderminster and Dartford so far this season, and will be heading to Wrexham on Saturday, so I'm still supporting the team.

Get Paul Hurst to give you a lift home!
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 64
Garth
October 9, 2014, 2:29pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from Fcukthescunts

I read into this statement that Hurst has the next 3-5 games to improve otherwise he is a gone.

Could be, I don`t think John is a cool calculating person when it comes to football, like most of us on here he blows hot and cold with his emotions depending on results.

My take on it  he is as p1ssed off with the current situation as we are X10 but is cutting Hurst a bit of slack for now, however that slack will be reeled in quickly if things don`t improve soon, will it/he change I don`t think so and were just delaying the inevitable, but whilst he`s here I will support him and the team
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 64
Nelly GTFC
October 9, 2014, 2:39pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,736
Gold Stars: 31
Didn't expect anything else to be honest.  Mid table by January he will probally be gone just like Neil Woods.

Having to keep LJL, and the fact Hurst signed an injury prone striker in what seemed like a desperate act of measure due to the inability to find other alternatives was always going to be a massive gamble.

Just think IF we had signed John Akinde (from London anyway, so no chance) now at Barnet, it would probally be us at the top of the league and not them.

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 64
moosey_club
October 9, 2014, 5:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
Well for my money that statement is interpreted as;

We are not where we want to be but Hurst has 4/5 games to get us thereabouts.....otherwise....

Worst case that will mean we will be looking at a new manager by November, Doig gets 4/5 games as caretaker in the meantime......late November either a Doig appointment if he can succesfully achieve to not win any games while caretaking or someone else....leaving a few games to assess the squad in time to add new faces in January for the second half of the season push/ slump.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 64
ginnywings
October 9, 2014, 5:55pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,119
Gold Stars: 548
Yes we can get back on track and there is still time to turn it around but facts don't lie. We roughly win one, draw one and lose one in every 3 games going back for a year. What makes anyone think Hurst can change that?

Results aside, the football has been shocking. Fans are just fed up and voting with their feet. Get some strikers or it will be more of the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 64
gtfc82
October 9, 2014, 9:34pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +616
Quoted from Stevie Saunders
50-50 for me
ONLY if we get a jack in the box striker in to finish off the moves (but where from?) PLUS be more adventurous in getting players into the box (over to you boss)

Our lack of goals isn't just to do with having a jack in the box! It's about having effective tactics! Until Hurst changes his tactics to suit his players then we will continue to struggle to score!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 64
TAGG
October 9, 2014, 9:46pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,962
Gold Stars: 124
"it's hugely important that we get those supporters back to Blundell Park_our budgets are predicted on higher attendances than we saw against Altrincham"
Its your fault Fenty, you employed and carry on employing the reason that the attendance's are dropping and will carry on dropping so you should make up the budget shortfall at the end of the season out of your bottom pocket not in the form of a loan.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 64
gaz57
October 9, 2014, 10:50pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +993
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from TAGG
"it's hugely important that we get those supporters back to Blundell Park_our budgets are predicted on higher attendances than we saw against Altrincham"
Its your fault Fenty, you employed and carry on employing the reason that the attendance's are dropping and will carry on dropping so you should make up the budget shortfall at the end of the season out of your bottom pocket not in the form of a loan.

How many times do you get the chance to lend someone some money and choose how they spend it, waste it with no blame to yourself then expect it all back.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 64
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › the statement!!!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.