Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › the statement!!!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 343 Guests

the statement!!!

This thread currently has 6,990 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Chrisblor
October 9, 2014, 10:26am

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,790
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from Garth

Good points, as a matter of interest are you one of the section that did not go Tuesday?

Yes, but only because I live in Sheffield and can't get a train back afterwards for midweek matches. I've been to Bristol, Aldershot, Halifax, Kidderminster and Dartford so far this season, and will be heading to Wrexham on Saturday, so I'm still supporting the team.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 64
grimps
October 9, 2014, 11:15am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,118
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from GrimRob
Good statement down to the fans now to back the team

Ah so it's all the fans fault we play crap and the manager is clueless ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 64
GrimExile
October 9, 2014, 11:25am
Live in Bucks born and bred in Grimsby.
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,280
Gold Stars: 36
I have no problem with peoples opinions on whether Hurst should be sacked or not. That's everyone's right to have an opinion. I just feel that you either support the team, whether or not you want the manager sacked, or you don't. I don't understand so called supporters saying I'm not going to anymore matches until results improve or the manager is replaced. Is that being a supporter? I think not. I think a true supporter supports their team through thick and thin. UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 64
grimps
October 9, 2014, 11:30am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,118
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from GrimExile
I have no problem with peoples opinions on whether Hurst should be sacked or not. That's everyone's right to have an opinion. I just feel that you either support the team, whether or not you want the manager sacked, or you don't. I don't understand so called supporters saying I'm not going to anymore matches until results improve or the manager is replaced. Is that being a supporter? I think not. I think a true supporter supports their team through thick and thin. UTM

We are customers not supporters !
Football is big business and the product being served up by Hurst has been consistently bad since he arrived , I will not continue to suffer bad service from him and his teams and I recommend that if we want change everyone else should vote with their feet too
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 64
poomehellt
October 9, 2014, 11:37am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +2 / -3
Approval: +44
I'm just pleased it's 3 and a bit weeks until our next home match in the league, gives me time to think about not attended a home match that I normally would/could. Don't think I've missed a game I could get too in 7/8/9 years.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 64
GrimExile
October 9, 2014, 11:38am
Live in Bucks born and bred in Grimsby.
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,280
Gold Stars: 36
Customers?!! Ok if you say so. Since when have people who have supported their home team since being a child considered themselves customers?!! I know i don't. I feel you may be in the minority although I may be wrong. UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 64
BIGChris
October 9, 2014, 11:39am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from grimps

We are customers not supporters !
Football is big business and the product being served up by Hurst has been consistently bad since he arrived , I will not continue to suffer bad service from him and his teams and I recommend that if we want change everyone else should vote with their feet too

Each to their own but i dont see myself as a customer of GTFC. That is, in my view, removing any emotion from attending, or not, but that isnt what football is, or will ever be, to me
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 64
Stevie Saunders
October 9, 2014, 11:43am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +363
50-50 for me
Couple of weeks ago I posted for first time that Hurst should leave as I don't think he's the man to get us promotion but that's a feeling not a fact... how do any of us know?
If we stay in touch, get a striker in who can score, get Pittman and Arnold playing,,,who knows?

From the chairman's/manager's point of view it is still all to play for - only 6pts off plays offs and a run of 6/7 wins out of 7/8 would shoot you up there and challenging top spot; judging by our general play on Tuesday that can easily happen but ONLY if we get a jack in the box striker in to finish off the moves (but where from?) PLUS be more adventurous in getting players into the box (over to you boss)

Next 5 games will decide everything - despite what Fenty says - a new striker in, inconsistency carries on, crowds fall and Hurst will be gone
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 64
grimsby pete
October 9, 2014, 12:04pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,792
Gold Stars: 222
I consider myself a fan, I can not get to many game now,

BUT

I went to nearly every home game for 30 + years when I lived local,

I went to Dartford and I always look forward to the next game I can attend,

The only thing is, the next game is at BRAINTREE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 64
Fcukthescunts
October 9, 2014, 1:53pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +776
Quoted from Garth
Well at least he`s shown and hoisted his colours its whether you want to march with or against  him, hidden beneath that statement  IMO is points on the board or else, we shall see,  future gate receipts could be interesting------------now on to Wrexham

I read into this statement that Hurst has the next 3-5 games to improve otherwise he is a gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 64
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › the statement!!!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.