Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › the statement!!!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 285 Guests

the statement!!!

This thread currently has 6,978 views. Print
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Mariner21
October 9, 2014, 8:00am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +5 / -5
Approval: -232
Private Message
psgmariner
October 9, 2014, 8:04am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Disappointed as hoped he would sack him but good to get some clarity from Fenty.

Private Message
Reply: 1 - 64
Tangerine Chris
October 9, 2014, 8:05am
Old git with a sense of humour
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: -24
That will be another 500 less at the next home game then

IF YOU PLAY FOR THE BADGE ON THE FRONT OF YOUR SHIRT
THEY WILL REMEMBER THE NAME ON THE BACK OF IT

You can change your wife, your house, your car, but you can never change your team.
Chairmen come and go, boards come and go, but the fans remain.
They are the one true constant

Eddie Thompson OBE
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 64
Mariner21
October 9, 2014, 8:06am
Table Wine Drinker
Glad its not cringe worthy but disappointing to say the least.  Injuries cannot be used as an excuse. It's not just this season its his whole time in charge that's been poor.

Well John you are gonna lose £££££ my friend in lost fans. Potential damaging the young element of our support.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 64
Southernboy
October 9, 2014, 8:19am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: +111
Actually I think he's right
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 64
Badger57
October 9, 2014, 8:20am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,894
Gold Stars: 30
Sorry John, it won't wash anymore.
Exactly how long DO you want to turn things around? I mean Paul's had 4 years now and you've had ten or so.
This was the season it was all supposed to come together but ill preparation and poor management again have scuppered that.
Nah, count me out for now thanks.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 64
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
October 9, 2014, 8:21am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
I think most of us could have written that interview the day before he gave it. Just the same old rallying call.

Still it's a vote of confidence in the manager ..................... and we all know what happens after those don't we?

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 64
gtfc98
October 9, 2014, 8:21am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,066
Gold Stars: 68
Quoted from Badger57
Sorry John, it won't wash anymore.
Exactly how long DO you want to turn things around? I mean Paul's had 4 years now and you've had ten or so.
This was the season it was all supposed to come together but ill preparation and poor management again have scuppered that.
Nah, count me out for now thanks.

You're nearly as boring as Pete and Jonnyboy!

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 64
Mariner21
October 9, 2014, 8:22am
Table Wine Drinker
So are you Benji boy
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 64
Caesar
October 9, 2014, 8:25am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +1,799
I disagree with him and think that we need to make the change now, Hurst has had enough time for us to see progress and from what I have seen I do not think he has the tactical nous to change games, turning defeats into draws and tight draws into wins, without that we cannot get out of this league.  And while we have had injuries our form with a more complete squad has been equally worrying.  

However I will do as he asks and back paul and the club all the way, as I keep saying when I say I think Hurst's time is up I am desperate to be wrong, if no change is likely then please Paul repay the faith of the board and proves us doubters wrong.  Hope while this board continues to be critical of our performances we all hope for wins and back the team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 64
MrsMariner
October 9, 2014, 8:25am

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +432
Gold Stars: 1
I agree with him entirely, all is not lost, were the same number of points off top spot as we were this time last season, admittedly were a few more points off the playoffs than last year. As long as we can avoid the post xmas slump that we seem to have suffered the last few seasons then we can still have a successful season so lets get behind the players and the manager.
UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 64
pontoonlew
October 9, 2014, 8:27am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,841
Gold Stars: 167
Sorry John, whilst Hurst is still here I'll find better less boring things to do on a Saturday.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 64
jonnyboy82
October 9, 2014, 8:28am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from gtfc98

not nearly as boring as your one liners ben or is it DR benjani ?

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 64
jonnyboy82
October 9, 2014, 8:30am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Mariner21

Ah well at least I will save £18 a week for the foreseeable future.

Any remaining faith I had in you john has now totally gone.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 64
RoboCod
October 9, 2014, 8:35am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
replenished ?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 64
jonnyboy82
October 9, 2014, 8:37am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from RoboCod
replenished ?

oops.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 64
Cott_Mike
October 9, 2014, 8:58am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +14
Well what a load of tosh, spouted by Mr Fenty.

Seems you and the manager haven't got a clue, i will keep my £16 pound in my pocket thankyou.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 64
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
October 9, 2014, 9:04am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from MrsMariner
I agree with him entirely, all is not lost, were the same number of points off top spot as we were this time last season, admittedly were a few more points off the playoffs than last year. As long as we can avoid the post xmas slump that we seem to have suffered the last few seasons then we can still have a successful season so lets get behind the players and the manager.
UTM

Just out of interest - what would you consider to be a successful season?

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 64
Tangerine Chris
October 9, 2014, 9:11am
Old git with a sense of humour
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: -24
This shows the lack of ambition by both the club, and the current manager.  Why should we be satisfied with playoffs?  11 points can be caught up, if the players and manager show more back bone, and go out to win games instead of trying not to lose them.

We have known since May, that we needed strikers, so Hurst signs one who spends more time on the physio bench than he does on the pitch, NICE SIGNING PAUL!!

He praised young Winfarrah when he had to come on for Aswad, then does not play him again, WHY?  Arnhold came in, and why is he not being selected?  If rumours are true, then he is not injured, he told Hurst his tactics are wrong, so is being punished by not being selected.

I am afraid this statement will not encourage the people to come back to watch games, infact, I think it will drive more people away.  Shame really.

IF YOU PLAY FOR THE BADGE ON THE FRONT OF YOUR SHIRT
THEY WILL REMEMBER THE NAME ON THE BACK OF IT

You can change your wife, your house, your car, but you can never change your team.
Chairmen come and go, boards come and go, but the fans remain.
They are the one true constant

Eddie Thompson OBE
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 64
jonnyboy82
October 9, 2014, 9:15am
Vodka Drinker
John fenty and Paul hurst = the acceptance of conference football.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 64
BIGChris
October 9, 2014, 9:19am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Tangerine Chris
This shows the lack of ambition by both the club, and the current manager.  Why should we be satisfied with playoffs?  11 points can be caught up, if the players and manager show more back bone, and go out to win games instead of trying not to lose them.

We have known since May, that we needed strikers, so Hurst signs one who spends more time on the physio bench than he does on the pitch, NICE SIGNING PAUL!!

He praised young Winfarrah when he had to come on for Aswad, then does not play him again, WHY?  Arnhold came in, and why is he not being selected?  If rumours are true, then he is not injured, he told Hurst his tactics are wrong, so is being punished by not being selected.

I am afraid this statement will not encourage the people to come back to watch games, infact, I think it will drive more people away.  Shame really.

Where on earth did you hear that from????
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 64
Garth
October 9, 2014, 9:23am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Well at least he`s shown and hoisted his colours its whether you want to march with or against  him, hidden beneath that statement  IMO is points on the board or else, we shall see,  future gate receipts could be interesting------------now on to Wrexham
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 64
GrimRob
October 9, 2014, 9:29am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,397
Gold Stars: 113
Good statement down to the fans now to back the team

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 22 - 64
cannylad68
October 9, 2014, 9:40am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +33
Gold Stars: 8
How can the supporters have any hope/faith in JF's statement after 10 years of dreadful management.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 64
BIGChris
October 9, 2014, 9:45am
Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from GrimRob

but equally down to the manager and team to perform. I see it as a two way street.

Getting the missing punch in the attacking areas will help enormously in my view
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 64
Tommy
October 9, 2014, 9:47am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Well it's not the route I'd have taken but we might as well just get behind the team and Hurst unless Fenty changes his mind now.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 64
arryarryarry
October 9, 2014, 9:49am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
I actually think it is embarrassing when a chairman has to come out and make a statement like that, it is basically saying "yes I know we are playing sh!t but still keep coming and spending your hard earned cash".

Now that may work for the diehards who will keep going no matter how bad we are but what is that statement saying to the 1,200 odd that have voted with their feet.

So the whole board is looking at it? clearly he hasn't got faith in Paul Hurst to turn it round himself then.
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 64
Chrisblor
October 9, 2014, 9:56am

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,764
Gold Stars: 233
Using injuries as mitigation is a weak excuse. If Hurst had recruited an adequate number of attacking players, injuries wouldn't have been such a problem. It wasn't all injuries either - Neilson was unavailable for the first 3 games of the season because Hurst forgot to appeal his red card. There's no excuse for that.

As pointed out by Too Good To Go Down, Hurst has only won 16 out of 45 games which isn't even play-off form. You can't blame injuries for a record that mediocre over such a long period, yet Fenty still wants us to blindly back the manager? Stop taking us all for fools John.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 64
MuddyWaters
October 9, 2014, 10:03am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from BIGChris

but equally down to the manager and team to perform. I see it as a two way street.

Getting the missing punch in the attacking areas will help enormously in my view

Exactly BC. But how long does PH need and how much cash is required to improve the area where we are so sadly lacking. Signing Pittman was questionable and signing Arnold looks like a disaster (whatever rumours and reasons there are) and we are left reliant on triers that are proven to be not good enough.

Clearly, there are a number of floating fans for whom this is not good enough and a plea from a man whose tenure at the club has been nigh on disastrous isn't going to win them back. Football is a results business, the chairman (or whatever title he gives himself) has admitted that and that's what he and Paul will be judged on. Like many, I've sort of given up on being entertained so long as the results are right - when you are getting the entertainment and the results wrong, then it's time to do something about it.

I don't agree that this is (in Johns words) a critical time in the season. Results are basically what they were in the second half of last season, a bit better than mid-table, no progression, so why not change it now before you have to write another season off?
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 64
Garth
October 9, 2014, 10:04am

Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from Chrisblor
Using injuries as mitigation is a weak excuse. If Hurst had recruited an adequate number of attacking players, injuries wouldn't have been such a problem. It wasn't all injuries either - Neilson was unavailable for the first 3 games of the season because Hurst forgot to appeal his red card. There's no excuse for that.

As pointed out by Too Good To Go Down, Hurst has only won 16 out of 45 games which isn't even play-off form. You can't blame injuries for a record that mediocre over such a long period, yet Fenty still wants us to blindly back the manager? Stop taking us all for fools John.

Good points, as a matter of interest are you one of the section that did not go Tuesday?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 64
jock dock tower
October 9, 2014, 10:04am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Town will now go and do the business at Wrexham, as they have at Halifax, Gateshead and Kiddeminster. It's the poopy teams we can't now dispatch, totally the reverse of previous years. Couldn't script it really....

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 64
jonnyboy82
October 9, 2014, 10:05am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Chrisblor

spot on.

The 16 wins in 45 is a fact even some on here cant hide behind, any other team challenging or wanting promotion would have acted by now.

lets remember this goes way back to the end of last season were we stumbled into the playoffs and that form has carried on so lets be fair he has had a very good go at it.

yet some on here still believe for some bizzarre reason he can turn it around when all the evidence in his 4 years at the club shows he cant.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 64
gtfc82
October 9, 2014, 10:08am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +616
Quoted from GrimRob

During the Altrincham game Town fans were really trying to drive the team forward! That really worked!!  

Usual drivel spouted by Fenty when Town aren't playing well! It just doesn't wash anymore!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 64
cmackenzie4
October 9, 2014, 10:10am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.27
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,335
Quoted from BIGChris

Well put BC.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 64
Mariners_15
October 9, 2014, 10:10am
Cocktail Drinker
Rep Score: +17 / -4
Approval: +538
Gold Stars: 1
And I didn't think I could get any more fed up with the way things are going, then Fenty brings a statement out like this
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 64
cmackenzie4
October 9, 2014, 10:12am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.27
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,335
Quoted from gtfc82

During the Altrincham game Town fans were really trying to drive the team forward! That really worked!!  

Exactly!   my son and me gave it our all.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 64
promotion plaice
October 9, 2014, 10:14am

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,997
Gold Stars: 193
At the end of the day it's the dreaded vote of confidence with tough games coming up.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 64
BIGChris
October 9, 2014, 10:22am
Season Ticket Holder
Statements wont improve attendances. Good results (and performances) will
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 64
headingly_mariner
October 9, 2014, 10:25am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,320
Gold Stars: 113
How could someone conduct an interview with him at the minute and not ask if there was money available to make attacking signings and if that money was there for a transfer fee to bring in quality?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 64
grimsby pete
October 9, 2014, 10:26am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,781
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from gtfc98

Fact  When we were still in the league I said we would stay up,

Every season since we have been down here I have been positive and say we will get promoted,

Even at the start of this season I said we will get promoted,

In the last few weeks with Hurst's failure to get that striker we badly need and his silly team selections,

A dose of realism hit me,

We are not good enough and Hurst is not the man to get us promoted,

So I have become boring for stating the obvious ,

That's OK

You will realise soon he is not the man or will you ?

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 64
Chrisblor
October 9, 2014, 10:26am

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,764
Gold Stars: 233
Quoted from Garth

Good points, as a matter of interest are you one of the section that did not go Tuesday?

Yes, but only because I live in Sheffield and can't get a train back afterwards for midweek matches. I've been to Bristol, Aldershot, Halifax, Kidderminster and Dartford so far this season, and will be heading to Wrexham on Saturday, so I'm still supporting the team.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 64
grimps
October 9, 2014, 11:15am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,096
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from GrimRob

Ah so it's all the fans fault we play crap and the manager is clueless ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 64
GrimExile
October 9, 2014, 11:25am
Live in Bucks born and bred in Grimsby.
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,280
Gold Stars: 36
I have no problem with peoples opinions on whether Hurst should be sacked or not. That's everyone's right to have an opinion. I just feel that you either support the team, whether or not you want the manager sacked, or you don't. I don't understand so called supporters saying I'm not going to anymore matches until results improve or the manager is replaced. Is that being a supporter? I think not. I think a true supporter supports their team through thick and thin. UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 64
grimps
October 9, 2014, 11:30am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,096
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from GrimExile
I have no problem with peoples opinions on whether Hurst should be sacked or not. That's everyone's right to have an opinion. I just feel that you either support the team, whether or not you want the manager sacked, or you don't. I don't understand so called supporters saying I'm not going to anymore matches until results improve or the manager is replaced. Is that being a supporter? I think not. I think a true supporter supports their team through thick and thin. UTM

We are customers not supporters !
Football is big business and the product being served up by Hurst has been consistently bad since he arrived , I will not continue to suffer bad service from him and his teams and I recommend that if we want change everyone else should vote with their feet too
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 64
poomehellt
October 9, 2014, 11:37am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +2 / -3
Approval: +44
I'm just pleased it's 3 and a bit weeks until our next home match in the league, gives me time to think about not attended a home match that I normally would/could. Don't think I've missed a game I could get too in 7/8/9 years.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 64
GrimExile
October 9, 2014, 11:38am
Live in Bucks born and bred in Grimsby.
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,280
Gold Stars: 36
Customers?!! Ok if you say so. Since when have people who have supported their home team since being a child considered themselves customers?!! I know i don't. I feel you may be in the minority although I may be wrong. UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 64
BIGChris
October 9, 2014, 11:39am
Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from grimps

We are customers not supporters !
Football is big business and the product being served up by Hurst has been consistently bad since he arrived , I will not continue to suffer bad service from him and his teams and I recommend that if we want change everyone else should vote with their feet too

Each to their own but i dont see myself as a customer of GTFC. That is, in my view, removing any emotion from attending, or not, but that isnt what football is, or will ever be, to me
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 64
Stevie Saunders
October 9, 2014, 11:43am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +363
50-50 for me
Couple of weeks ago I posted for first time that Hurst should leave as I don't think he's the man to get us promotion but that's a feeling not a fact... how do any of us know?
If we stay in touch, get a striker in who can score, get Pittman and Arnold playing,,,who knows?

From the chairman's/manager's point of view it is still all to play for - only 6pts off plays offs and a run of 6/7 wins out of 7/8 would shoot you up there and challenging top spot; judging by our general play on Tuesday that can easily happen but ONLY if we get a jack in the box striker in to finish off the moves (but where from?) PLUS be more adventurous in getting players into the box (over to you boss)

Next 5 games will decide everything - despite what Fenty says - a new striker in, inconsistency carries on, crowds fall and Hurst will be gone
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 64
grimsby pete
October 9, 2014, 12:04pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,781
Gold Stars: 222
I consider myself a fan, I can not get to many game now,

BUT

I went to nearly every home game for 30 + years when I lived local,

I went to Dartford and I always look forward to the next game I can attend,

The only thing is, the next game is at BRAINTREE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 64
Fcukthescunts
October 9, 2014, 1:53pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +776
Quoted from Garth
Well at least he`s shown and hoisted his colours its whether you want to march with or against  him, hidden beneath that statement  IMO is points on the board or else, we shall see,  future gate receipts could be interesting------------now on to Wrexham

I read into this statement that Hurst has the next 3-5 games to improve otherwise he is a gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 64
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
October 9, 2014, 2:14pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from GrimRob

I sometimes think you have your tongue permanently in your cheek Rob!

Private Message
Reply: 50 - 64
Garth
October 9, 2014, 2:16pm

Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from Chrisblor

Yes, but only because I live in Sheffield and can't get a train back afterwards for midweek matches. I've been to Bristol, Aldershot, Halifax, Kidderminster and Dartford so far this season, and will be heading to Wrexham on Saturday, so I'm still supporting the team.

Thanks   Good on yer
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 64
MuddyWaters
October 9, 2014, 2:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Chrisblor

Get Paul Hurst to give you a lift home!
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 64
Garth
October 9, 2014, 2:29pm

Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from Fcukthescunts

I read into this statement that Hurst has the next 3-5 games to improve otherwise he is a gone.

Could be, I don`t think John is a cool calculating person when it comes to football, like most of us on here he blows hot and cold with his emotions depending on results.

My take on it  he is as p1ssed off with the current situation as we are X10 but is cutting Hurst a bit of slack for now, however that slack will be reeled in quickly if things don`t improve soon, will it/he change I don`t think so and were just delaying the inevitable, but whilst he`s here I will support him and the team
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 64
Nelly GTFC
October 9, 2014, 2:39pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,724
Gold Stars: 31
Didn't expect anything else to be honest.  Mid table by January he will probally be gone just like Neil Woods.

Having to keep LJL, and the fact Hurst signed an injury prone striker in what seemed like a desperate act of measure due to the inability to find other alternatives was always going to be a massive gamble.

Just think IF we had signed John Akinde (from London anyway, so no chance) now at Barnet, it would probally be us at the top of the league and not them.

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 64
moosey_club
October 9, 2014, 5:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,211
Gold Stars: 226
Well for my money that statement is interpreted as;

We are not where we want to be but Hurst has 4/5 games to get us thereabouts.....otherwise....

Worst case that will mean we will be looking at a new manager by November, Doig gets 4/5 games as caretaker in the meantime......late November either a Doig appointment if he can succesfully achieve to not win any games while caretaking or someone else....leaving a few games to assess the squad in time to add new faces in January for the second half of the season push/ slump.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 64
ginnywings
October 9, 2014, 5:55pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Yes we can get back on track and there is still time to turn it around but facts don't lie. We roughly win one, draw one and lose one in every 3 games going back for a year. What makes anyone think Hurst can change that?

Results aside, the football has been shocking. Fans are just fed up and voting with their feet. Get some strikers or it will be more of the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 64
gtfc82
October 9, 2014, 9:34pm
Cocktail Drinker
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +616
Quoted from Stevie Saunders
50-50 for me
ONLY if we get a jack in the box striker in to finish off the moves (but where from?) PLUS be more adventurous in getting players into the box (over to you boss)

Our lack of goals isn't just to do with having a jack in the box! It's about having effective tactics! Until Hurst changes his tactics to suit his players then we will continue to struggle to score!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 64
TAGG
October 9, 2014, 9:46pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,961
Gold Stars: 124
"it's hugely important that we get those supporters back to Blundell Park_our budgets are predicted on higher attendances than we saw against Altrincham"
Its your fault Fenty, you employed and carry on employing the reason that the attendance's are dropping and will carry on dropping so you should make up the budget shortfall at the end of the season out of your bottom pocket not in the form of a loan.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 64
gaz57
October 9, 2014, 10:50pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +993
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from TAGG
"it's hugely important that we get those supporters back to Blundell Park_our budgets are predicted on higher attendances than we saw against Altrincham"
Its your fault Fenty, you employed and carry on employing the reason that the attendance's are dropping and will carry on dropping so you should make up the budget shortfall at the end of the season out of your bottom pocket not in the form of a loan.

How many times do you get the chance to lend someone some money and choose how they spend it, waste it with no blame to yourself then expect it all back.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 64
promotion plaice
October 9, 2014, 11:02pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,997
Gold Stars: 193
Quoted from gaz57

How many times do you get the chance to lend someone some money and choose how they spend it, waste it with no blame to yourself then expect it all back.

But it's a benign loan whatever that is ( what is a benign loan ).

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 64
KingstonMariner
October 10, 2014, 12:09am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from grimsby pete

Fact  When we were still in the league I said we would stay up,

Every season since we have been down here I have been positive and say we will get promoted,

Even at the start of this season I said we will get promoted,

In the last few weeks with Hurst's failure to get that striker we badly need and his silly team selections,

A dose of realism hit me,

We are not good enough and Hurst is not the man to get us promoted,

So I have become boring for stating the obvious ,

That's OK

You will realise soon he is not the man or will you ?

Wow! I hope that track record of wrong predictions continues then, now you have finally said we won't succeed!  

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 64
Quagmire
October 10, 2014, 10:49am

Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +926
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from promotion plaice

But it's a benign loan whatever that is ( what is a benign loan ).

JF wants the money back eventually but won't put the club in jeopardy by demanding it back immediately ie he won't demand the club sells assets (BP for example) in order to pay those loans off.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 64
Quagmire
October 10, 2014, 10:53am

Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +926
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from gaz57

Superb post.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 64
MuddyWaters
October 10, 2014, 11:16am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from gaz57

Once. When you choose a descriptive, cryptic word like benign.
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 64
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › the statement!!!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.