Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Be careful what you wish for?
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 245 Guests

Be careful what you wish for?

This thread currently has 3,254 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
maxfox44
October 8, 2014, 10:16am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +139
I'm not convinced this season's squad is any better than last seasons.  Let's face it, we don't look like a promotion side, we also don't have that little bit of luck needed to scrape past teams either.

On here and elsewhere we can debate, moan and even paper over the cracks.  Isn't it 14 wins out of 45 or something.  The fact that our gate has dropped by about 1,000 recently, tells it's own story.  Perhaps our expectations are too high these days.  But to hear the drivel on the radio last night about how well we played, IT WAS ALTRINCHAM.  I thought it was actually worse than the previous week. Are the players playing for him still?  Will they take public criticism or throw the toys out?  Plenty of times, players were falling out, which is normally attributed to relegation sides, not harmonious promotion pushing sides.

One thing for sure, we are divided now.  

I remember being pelted with ice by the Norwich fans during the Milk Cup match, do you?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 23
Garth
October 8, 2014, 10:53am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.93
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 25
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56
I keep hearing that we have a better squad than last year, indeed the best since we joined the conference, yet we are only just in the top half having played the majority of our games against sides in the bottom ten.

Something does not add up given this scenario as we fight to hold our place in mid table.

of course we had some injuries and suspensions, but so does every club. For me Magnay tremendous signing, Clay is a surprise success and Brown an improvement on Kerr. Otherwise jury still out and lets be honest our new midfield are not weighing in with many goals or showing a great amount of creativity as we dont actually have that many chances to miss. Of course movement and quality of strikers will make a significant difference but still not convinced we do not need a more creative midfield player as well.

Then we have the manager but this appears a support PH thread so no further comment from me.

Well thought out post that tries to analyse the problem we are facing, common denominator= Manager

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 23
TownSNAFU5
October 8, 2014, 11:04am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,760
Gold Stars: 41
I thought that we have (had) a better team than season as well.  The lack of fit and/or consistent goalscorers has been a problem during the close-season and since the season started.  The 2 high-scoring games camouflaged the problem.

Not taking our chances and not putting away so called smaller teams has already cost us valuable points. This is a material error by the manager.    
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 23
rancido
October 8, 2014, 7:49pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,409
Gold Stars: 91
Quoted from maxfox44
I'm not convinced this season's squad is any better than last seasons.  Let's face it, we don't look like a promotion side, we also don't have that little bit of luck needed to scrape past teams either.

On here and elsewhere we can debate, moan and even paper over the cracks.  Isn't it 14 wins out of 45 or something.  The fact that our gate has dropped by about 1,000 recently, tells it's own story.  Perhaps our expectations are too high these days.  But to hear the drivel on the radio last night about how well we played, IT WAS ALTRINCHAM.  I thought it was actually worse than the previous week. Are the players playing for him still?  Will they take public criticism or throw the toys out?  Plenty of times, players were falling out, which is normally attributed to relegation sides, not harmonious promotion pushing sides.

One thing for sure, we are divided now.  

Well I certainly think that Magnay is a vast improvement on Hatton and he can play at left back as well. Both Brown and Clay are improvements on Kerr. Along with Paddy and Disley we have a good variety of mid-field players and probably the best options we have had since we dropped down to this level.
The comment about Altrincham would have been a fair comment if it wasn't for the fact that they beat Halifax 3-1 at the w/end ( although I must admit after last nights showing I don't know how ! ).

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 23
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Be careful what you wish for?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.