4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
moosey_club
September 25, 2014, 10:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,243
Gold Stars: 226
Just watching news at ten and the look north snippet before it was "Grimsby Town have more banning orders than some Premier League clubs" ...spoken over clips of Burton footage.

Maybe some good could come of this, if someone in authority checked comparative figures and had the balls to challenge the level of orders, the cases brought and the actual offences committed then maybe a common demoninator would become apparent......one that isnt that we are neanderthal and backward.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 38
bobbyturtle
September 25, 2014, 10:43pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +29 / -4
Approval: +954
Gold Stars: 18
is it burnsea talking about himself?

Icenian Prediction League 2015 (Game 2) winner
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 38
Marinerz93
September 25, 2014, 11:28pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Is he in cahoots with Sacha Baron Cohen and it is part of the film hype pre 'Grimsby' film coming out  

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 38
KingstonMariner
September 26, 2014, 1:43am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from FishOutOfWater
Just seen this crop up on Twitter...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-humber-29360658?utm_source=BBC+Sport&utm_medium=twitter

Grimsby Town had 10 fans banned last season, according to the latest Home Office figures.

The Football Conference National Division club had an average home crowd of 3,500.

In comparison, Premier League side Hull City had five supporters banned, with an average of more than 24,000 home fans

Yah booh sucks

If you took all the plastic Prem supporters from Hull's attendance and left just the passionate supporters their hoolie ratio wouldn't be so far from ours!

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 38
KingstonMariner
September 26, 2014, 1:44am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from MarinerWY

Although a higher proportion than Hull, 10 fans of an average 3,500 is slightly under 0.3% of our currently active fanbase, and significantly less than that in proportion to our overall fanbase.

It's hardly a proportion that justifies singling out GTFC as a club with a problem fanbase. It still leaves 3,490 people who have not recieved banning orders.

Even if we have a slightly higher proportion of banning orders than some other clubs, 0.3% is barely worth a story to be honest. Reckon I could take a sample of 3,500 people in most neighbourhoods, most organisations etc. and find 10 with recent criminal records, at the very least.

With those kinds of numbers (i.e. a handful) one or two overzealous police officers could make all the difference to the stats.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 38
highcliff mariner
September 26, 2014, 8:14am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +12 / -3
Approval: +778
Quoted from KingstonMariner

With those kinds of numbers (i.e. a handful) one or two overzealous police officers could make all the difference to the stats.

correct , and in a certain PC Dodds we certainly have one

UTM
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 38
oldun
September 26, 2014, 8:17am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
I agree Burnsey is Hull obsessed and has a downer on GTFC. I did not hear is remarks but if he used those words then he needs to take a long hard look at himself. Having said that we should not try to defend the actions of some so called fans who do the club no favours. It seems we still have a number who go to games with the intention of causing some trouble and alcohol is more often than not the driver. However this minority should not be used to paint a general image of GTFC supporters, of whom the cast majority cause no problems, which why highlighting a particular statistic and using it as a main news story gives the wrong impression.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 38
RoboCod
September 26, 2014, 12:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Marinerz has a pint, this is the prelude to the Grimsby film. Forget the fact that here in Lincoln just this week we've had 10 fans up in court for disturbances at a FRIENDLY with Donny. And that the Lincoln fans jumped the Luton lot a couple of years back in a pub fight akin to a wild west saloon. Grimsby is where it's at, and while there is a problem it's more about what people want to believe or not believe.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 38
grimps
September 26, 2014, 1:13pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,119
Gold Stars: 46
Lets hope we draw Hull in the cup this season and bump our arrest figures up for next season  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 38
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Neanderthal and backward

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.