Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Neanderthal and backward
Users Browsing Forum
Withnail and 160 Guests

Neanderthal and backward

This thread currently has 4,946 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
September 25, 2014, 5:57pm
Guest User
I've listed to the blob in the past when trying to get a bit of local news and to be fair he's easy to listen to and comes across ok, but his show focuses to much on his sickly obsession with hulls city of culture, grimsby, sxxxxhorpe and the rest don't get a look in, he even slips in topics on his beloved hull city now and then but even the mud rats pull him up on this, how they can class this as a local topical affairs show is beyond me which is why I turn him off.
Reply: 20 - 38
grimsby pete
September 25, 2014, 6:16pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,779
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from FishOutOfWater
Didn't hear him Pete...could have been tarring us all with the same brush but that would have been well out of order

Most of us just love Town and even when pushed to the limit can keep the lid on things even when those around us are letting loose on opposing fans / pitch side ads etc

Having said that the first thing someone asked me when I got in to work this morning (on RH's favoured side of the river)...are you one of those Grimsby thugs I heard mentioned this morning?

Who says mud doesn't stick...though being over here, they should all know about mud!  

If I could spell it I would sue him for deffimation of character.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 38
Marinerz93
September 25, 2014, 6:54pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
We all know Burns issues are deep rooted with Town, you see the problem with Burns, is he is more frightened of losing his cushy number than be a real broadcaster and tackle what has been eating away at him for years.  I'd rather he get those issues of his chest rather than offer snide remarks every now and then.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 38
MarinerWY
September 25, 2014, 7:34pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,980
Gold Stars: 47
Quoted from 1739

Probably all for Scunny. What is funny is that Nick Dale thinks that using a programme with the local Youth Offending Service to tackle the problem will do the trick. Preventing trouble before it even starts would be a good start.  

Given the huge reoffending rates of Young Offenders and the vulnerable, difficult situations many of them are in, I think this can only be a really positive thing. I have quite a bit experience of working with young offenders and the situations of many, whilst not all, would surprise a lot of people - as would the very visible vulnerability, which you tend to see whilst working one-to-one, without a group around them to act up to.

This is not to say that they haven't done things which directly affect and harm others. But support which reduces reoffending and tries to offer postitive alternatives ultimately not only benefits the young person, but with restorative practices the direct victims of offences, and community and societies as a whole as a result of their reduced reoffending rates.
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 38
tanga_the_indestructible
September 25, 2014, 7:38pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +613
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from 2578
I've listed to the blob in the past when trying to get a bit of local news and to be fair he's easy to listen to and comes across ok, but his show focuses to much on his sickly obsession with hulls city of culture, grimsby, sxxxxhorpe and the rest don't get a look in, he even slips in topics on his beloved hull city now and then but even the mud rats pull him up on this, how they can class this as a local topical affairs show is beyond me which is why I turn him off.

He's a Town fan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 38
September 25, 2014, 7:48pm
Guest User

He's a Town fan.

Bollox! Try listening to him for a week and you will realise he loves hull city fc more than his wife.
He was probably towns no.1 fan when we were in the championship and they were locking the gates up at boothferry road.  
Reply: 25 - 38
Richard
September 25, 2014, 7:52pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +59
he used to be a w===== and he still is now

everywhere we go ,everywhere we go
its the grimsby boys makin all the noise

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 38
rancido
September 25, 2014, 8:01pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,526
Gold Stars: 96
[quote=1143]

No, poor old Scunthorpe supporters were the subject of our nasty behaviour according to Mr Burns.
Normally don't listen to him but he was talking about what was coming up on his morning show and couldn't help have a little dig. The old "whenever I've been to a Grimsby Town game...."[/quote]

The answer is simple then Burnsy , don't go!!!! You won't be missed.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 38
sydney
September 25, 2014, 8:29pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,009
Gold Stars: 3
Having witnessed the quality of refereeing in the conference we are queuing up for banning orders he he
Come on Town , two home wins now....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 38
September 25, 2014, 8:36pm
Guest User
Quoted from MarinerWY

I have quite a bit experience of working with young offenders and the situations of many, whilst not all, would surprise a lot of people - as would the very visible vulnerability, which you tend to see whilst working one-to-one, without a group around them to act up to.

This is the same with all people not just youngsters. You can teach them all you like but as soon as you put them in a group with there friends then it will go out of the window. Its no surprise to see the local media jumping on the bandwagon saying that every single Grimsby Town fan under the age of 21 is a football hooligan and that if you go to Blundell park then you will get your head kicked in. The problem isn't at Blundell Park, it is at away games with big away followings. Out of our 27 arrests 9 were at home and 18 were away. 13 of these were for Alcohol offences, possession or use of fireworks/ pyro and pitch incursion or offences against property (which personally I don't see as major).  2 were for violent disorder and the other 11 were for public disorder. Could it be for the simple fact other police forces are more lenient when it comes to the more minor offences.
Reply: 29 - 38
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Neanderthal and backward

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.