2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Zmariner
September 14, 2014, 1:45pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,127
Gold Stars: 44
I have been a staunch PH fan. I am now apathetic and even with, as ever, a season ticket I find it harder and harder to go.
1.Yesterday when I saw Disley and Mclauglin starting I wanted a bet as I was absolutely certain we would lose. These two do not often play together in a wining team - not creative and too slow
One is out of position and the other has lost form and needs a fresh challenge. It is unlikely to get better and Dis has been great for us but I think we are done.
2.Pitman limped off - it was only when, was anybody surprised?
3. We have no left back?
3a Even right back is not great
4.A challenging team with 3 strikers!! and Hannah is a non event for me, Lenny a grafter and I respect him. I would rather have paid Cook and Southwell than sign an injury prone player.
5 Outside of Macreth this teams lacks pace

In short I look at my points and they are mostly managerial decisions,I think that I have answered my own question. I will keep going out of loyalty but my apathy is growing and 100% I will keep my season ticket each season but will I turn up it we are not challenging at this level.
Not a prayer
UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
jonnyboy82
September 14, 2014, 1:52pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from Zmariner
I have been a staunch PH fan. I am now apathetic and even with, as ever, a season ticket I find it harder and harder to go.
1.Yesterday when I saw Disley and Mclauglin starting I wanted a bet as I was absolutely certain we would lose. These two do not often play together in a wining team - not creative and too slow
One is out of position and the other has lost form and needs a fresh challenge. It is unlikely to get better and Dis has been great for us but I think we are done.
3. We have no left back?
4.A challenging team with 3 strikers!! and Hannah is a non event for me, Lenny a grafter and I respect him. I would rather have paid Cook and Southwell than sign an injury prone player.

In short I look at my points and they are mostly managerial decisions,I think that I have answered my own question. I will keep going out of loyalty but my apathy is growing and 100% I will keep my season ticket each season but will I turn up it we are not challenging at this level.
Not a prayer
UTM

so another who has turned.

wish the abuse some of us got on here for wanting him gone last season was worth it.

the thing what pisses me off is we have good players but paul cant seem to consistently get performances out of them.

I am 100% sure if something is not done now then we will be seeing 2000 fans and us sitting in 12th place or lower by Christmas.

the 2 performances over the bank holiday makes me even more bitter as I really thought we had something but he has drained that right out of me...cheers paul.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 17
chaos33
September 14, 2014, 2:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 357
The aspects that anger me the most are these:

We've played 9 games only, and we've already lost 3. We've failed to beat some very poor/everage conference teams at home and we have lost our unbeaten home status with less than one month of the season played.

We are already 10 points off the leaders who look to have the credentials, and there are at least half a dozen other clubs who look to have the quality and consistency to mount a challenge.

We have just been comfortably dismantled at home by a promotion rival, and you just know that there's no way we could have done that to them at their place.

Teams that win the title lose no more than half a dozen games or so across the course of the season. We've alreday lost half that amount before September's out.

Another thumping looks likely in the next game with a further very difficult-looking away game to follow.

Home crowds are already declining and the knives are out, making it more difficult and more unpleasant for every one.

We've got square pegs in round holes and players out of position regularly. We've seemingly abandoned (or forgotten) our combative, high energy style that brought victories and we can't seem to decide what formation we're playing.

The obvious fact that we were short of a quality striker has now well and truly smashed us in the face. You've got the manager praying that his 'non-finishing favourite' is fit asap just so we can have some sort of a forward line, even though we were all given a stark reminder about our missing quality in midweek. Could that situation get any more desparate?!  I mean, the manager has had so long to address that. Now he needs two loans in two days. Get real.

We're now in a situation where it's excuses time. Already.

As Sean Connery once said: "Losers make excuses, whilst winners go out and f**k the prom queen".

It's a sorry state of affairs it really is.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 17
Meza
September 14, 2014, 2:17pm

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,639
Gold Stars: 50
Quoted from chaos33

We've played nine games only, and we've already lost 3. We've failed to beat some very poor/everage conference teams at home and we have lost our unbeaten home status with less than one month of the season played.

We are already 10 points off the leaders who look to have the credentials, and there are at least half a dozen other clubs who look to have the quality and consistency to mount a challenge.

We have just been comfortably dismantled at home by a promotion rival, and you just know that there's no way we could have done that to them at their place.

Teams that win the title lose no more than half a dozen games or so across the course of the season. We've alreday lost half that amount before September's out.

Another thumping looks likely in the next game with a further very difficult-looking away game to follow.

Home crowds are already declining and the knives are out, making it more difficult and more unpleasant for every one.

We've got square pegs in round holes and players out of position regularly. We've seemingly abandoned (or forgotten) our combative, high energy style that brought vistories and we can't seem to decide what formation we're playing.

The obvious fact that we were short of a quality striker has now well and truly smashed us in the face. You've got the manager praying that his 'non-finishing favourite' is fit asap just so we can have some sort of a forward line, even though we were all given a stark reminder about our missing quality in midweek. Could that situation get any more desparate?!  I mean, the manager has had so long to address that. Now he needs two loans in two days. Get real.

As Sean Connery once said: "Losers make excuses, whilst winners go out and f**k the prom queen".

Taken from the Rock lol

[URL=https://imgur.com/VCxdH2Y][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/VCxdH2Ys.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/uMRVvRe][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/uMRVvRes.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/5p7nllT][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/5p7nllTs.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/46BEw5M][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/46BEw5Ms.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/06NXnQF][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/06NXnQFs.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 17
hook line and sinker
September 14, 2014, 2:22pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -5
Approval: +37
Quoted from Zmariner
3. We have no left back?

Not a prayer
UTM

paddy should be played alongside brown in the middle of the park,these 2 are in my opinion the 2 best footballers at the club,playing him out wide to accommodate disley is ridiculous  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 17
MuddyWaters
September 14, 2014, 2:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,234
Gold Stars: 235
I normally go to 12-15 games a season mostly after September for various reasons. There's a run of games coming up that I would normally be looking forward to but can't raise the enthusiasm to come and my lad isn't bothered either.

We show all the signs of a club going nowhere and, like others, was fearful that the Bank Holiday weekend was a flash-in-the-pan. Hurst has had time, money and the backing of the board/chairman/custodian and he seems to have run out of ideas like many have run out of patience.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 17
barralad
September 14, 2014, 4:16pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from MuddyWaters
I normally go to 12-15 games a season mostly after September for various reasons. There's a run of games coming up that I would normally be looking forward to but can't raise the enthusiasm to come and my lad isn't bothered either.

We show all the signs of a club going nowhere and, like others, was fearful that the Bank Holiday weekend was a flash-in-the-pan. Hurst has had time, money and the backing of the board/chairman/custodian and he seems to have run out of ideas like many have run out of patience.

I honestly didn't realise that your strong opinions are based on not actually having seen the team play

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 17
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
September 14, 2014, 5:43pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from chaos33

We've played nine games only, and we've already lost 3. We've failed to beat some very poor/everage conference teams at home and we have lost our unbeaten home status with less than one month of the season played.

We've got square pegs in round holes and players out of position regularly. We've seemingly abandoned (or forgotten) our combative, high energy style that brought vistories and we can't seem to decide what formation we're playing.

Exactly so. I think I'll employ you to write my posts. Save me a lot of effort.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 17
MeanwoodMariner
September 14, 2014, 6:10pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from chaos33
We've seemingly abandoned (or forgotten) our combative, high energy style that brought vistories

This is the strangest aspect for me. The high tempo pressing game is not easy, but it appeared we had assembled a team that could do it well. Where did it go??
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 17
DocTower
September 14, 2014, 6:19pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Quoted from barralad

I honestly didn't realise that your strong opinions are based on not actually having seen the team play

I miss about 5 games a season due to holidays and other bits . Old Codger is allowed his opinions as he does come to watch town when they have warmed up . It's persons like my neighbour an armchair supporter who really pee me off . Telling me how we have played but never getting down himself to watch . He is the one who's opinon should be ignored .

Too many of us are saying the same thing , something is wrong , something needs to be changed . All we can do is voice our opinon , and respect their views . I don't abuse players but would rather give constructive criticism  .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 17
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Apathetic

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.