2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
gaz57
September 14, 2014, 6:21pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +993
Gold Stars: 3
Imagine turning up for work and the boss tells you that you did a great job just to turn up next time and be told your not needed. Imagine being told by the boss to do your job in a certain way and the next time he's changed his mind. Then imagine being employed to do a job your good at only to be given a different job all the time when it's not necessary. I think you would be well and truly drunk off.  Welcome to life as a Grimsby Town player.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 17
Stevie Saunders
September 14, 2014, 6:52pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +363
I feel totally deflated after the Lincoln and Torquay defeats
Convinced we have a better squad than last season but again players been played in wrong positions is affecting us badly
I just knew Disley (who I've always been a big fan of but is now quiet clearly on the wane) woudl play v Lincoln and then again yesterday; why?
Clay, Brown and Paddy had been playing excellently... what sort of message did it send to Clay to drop him at Lincoln?
I know Disley scored but......

Injuries are not Hurst's fault

We are now in the sh*te with only a handful of games gone

I've been a big supporter of Hurst believing that continuity was/is important and his record while at GTFC is pretty good - play offs, Wembley etc

I now feel indifferent if he was sacked I'm afraid

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 17
MuddyWaters
September 14, 2014, 6:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,286
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from DocTower

I miss about 5 games a season due to holidays and other bits . Old Codger is allowed his opinions as he does come to watch town when they have warmed up . It's persons like my neighbour an armchair supporter who really pee me off . Telling me how we have played but never getting down himself to watch . He is the one who's opinon should be ignored .

Too many of us are saying the same thing , something is wrong , something needs to be changed . All we can do is voice our opinon , and respect their views . I don't abuse players but would rather give constructive criticism  .

Ta  
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 17
barralad
September 14, 2014, 8:46pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,299
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from DocTower

I miss about 5 games a season due to holidays and other bits . Old Codger is allowed his opinions as he does come to watch town when they have warmed up . It's persons like my neighbour an armchair supporter who really pee me off . Telling me how we have played but never getting down himself to watch . He is the one who's opinon should be ignored .

Too many of us are saying the same thing , something is wrong , something needs to be changed . All we can do is voice our opinon , and respect their views . I don't abuse players but would rather give constructive criticism  .

At no point in that post did I say he wasn't allowed his opinion-I genuinely thought that they were based on what he had seen....

Actually I might save myself some cash and do the same....how do you quantify "when they've warmed up?

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 17
Richard
September 14, 2014, 9:00pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +59
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUAeAS8iUUY

quoted by sir bobby robson  

everywhere we go ,everywhere we go
its the grimsby boys makin all the noise

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 17
FishOutOfWater
September 14, 2014, 9:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,577
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Stevie Saunders
I feel totally deflated after the Lincoln and Torquay defeats
Convinced we have a better squad than last season but again players been played in wrong positions is affecting us badly
I just knew Disley (who I've always been a big fan of but is now quiet clearly on the wane) woudl play v Lincoln and then again yesterday; why?
Clay, Brown and Paddy had been playing excellently... what sort of message did it send to Clay to drop him at Lincoln?
I know Disley scored but......

Injuries are not Hurst's fault

We are now in the sh*te with only a handful of games gone

I've been a big supporter of Hurst believing that continuity was/is important and his record while at GTFC is pretty good - play offs, Wembley etc

I now feel indifferent if he was sacked I'm afraid

Think you've got a bit mixed up SS

It was Paddy who was dropped at Lincoln for Disley to come in and then Disley played yesterday because of the injury Clay picked up at Lincoln
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 15 - 17
Stevie Saunders
September 14, 2014, 9:47pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +363
sodomist - got mixed up cos I'm so deflated and I was there as well!
Point still applies to Paddy though - felt sorry for him cos he'd been playing really well
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 17
FishOutOfWater
September 15, 2014, 12:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,577
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Stevie Saunders
sodomist - got mixed up cos I'm so deflated and I was there as well!
Point still applies to Paddy though - felt sorry for him cos he'd been playing really well

Fully understand...been a long week for us all where Town are concerned

Seems someone isn't so understanding though giving you a red x

Where's WTF when you need him  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 17 - 17
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Apathetic

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.