barralad
September 14, 2014, 8:24am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from DocTower

STRENGTHENING THE SQUAD WITH DECENT LOAN SIGNINGS .?

On paper we have a dam good squad , but it's just that our manager doesn't know what to do with them . Still September I know but this season is falljng apart at the seams . Too many injuries , too much tinkering , was there to see during pre season but like everyone else you hope that it'll be alright on the night .

As I posted yesterday Doig sat in dugout , Moore and Hurst stood together . Torquay manager and another guy shouting instructions jumping up and down . Forth official spoke numerous times to them .

I have no idea what point you are trying to make re:- Doig but how in the name of Jesus Christ can Hurst be to blame for the injuries? The Bristol Rovers game is the only one I can think of where Hurst has had what most would call his best XI open to him for selection. Some of the "tinkering" Lincoln excepted, has been unavoidable.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 66
barralad
September 14, 2014, 8:25am
Mariners Trust
Quoted from barrattstandman
He's stating the bleedin' obvious. The left hand and the right hand are singing from different hymn sheets!

Well if that's the case Doig should stand up. It's very hard to sing sat down...

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 66
mariner91
September 14, 2014, 8:34am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,637
Gold Stars: 261
Quoted from barralad

I have no idea what point you are trying to make re:- Doig but how in the name of Jesus Christ can Hurst be to blame for the injuries? The Bristol Rovers game is the only one I can think of where Hurst has had what most would call his best XI open to him for selection. Some of the "tinkering" Lincoln excepted, has been unavoidable.

I don't think he did. Pearson was missing, Neilson was missing, Pittman was missing. That's three of our best five players IMO.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 66
jimgtfc
September 14, 2014, 8:35am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,094
Gold Stars: 45
John McDermott anyone?

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 66
mariner91
September 14, 2014, 8:37am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,637
Gold Stars: 261
David Moyes still looking?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 66
chaos33
September 14, 2014, 8:38am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 360
Quoted from jimgtfc
John McDermott anyone?

No

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 66
barralad
September 14, 2014, 8:39am
Mariners Trust
Quoted from mariner91

I don't think he did. Pearson was missing, Neilson was missing, Pittman was missing. That's three of our best five players IMO.

Oh yeah!  

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 66
Lincoln Mariner 56
September 14, 2014, 8:46am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,688
Gold Stars: 79
A major problem is that at the end of last season fans were pretty much split 50/50 on wanting PH replaced. Therefore any dip in fortune or performance levels will invariably bring fresh demands for him to go.

I wanted him replaced in the summer and again after the first three games. I have acknowledged that he has tried to improve our style of play and has been unlucky with injuries. However, the big factor remains that going to BP is, on the majority of occasions, just not an enjoyable experience and the increasing frustration in watching too many below par performances will see more and more fans stay away and increasing numbers demanding he be replaced. For whatever r eason the guy has never really been a popular manager for town and when the relationsip is like that only results keep you in employment. Since christmas 2013 results have not been good enough.

Replacements? Well i would go for Aspin, Mills if feasible (same with Slade) and whilst Burr' recent results are no great shakes I still think he is a good manager who may well prosper at a club with town's resources at this level.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 66
RoboCod
September 14, 2014, 8:53am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Awaits post complaining that Hurst 'just stands there with his arms folded, shows no emotion, body language tells it all...'

Towns managerial acquisitions have always been poorly timed in recent years, we end up having interviews with the usual merry go round rather than actively pursuing a manager or we take the cheap option promote from within.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 66
jimgtfc
September 14, 2014, 8:54am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,094
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from chaos33

No

Just thought I'd see what people thought of that one. Out of interest, why not?

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 66
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Alternatives

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.