arryarryarry
September 14, 2014, 9:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

I remember when we first came down to this level and we took Wrexham to the cleaners (only ended up a 2-1 win to us though...lots of missed chances that night) and on their forum their fans were scathing in what they had to say about him and his approach and tacics
Seems no matter where you go or whoever you are, you can't please all the people all of the time

According to some on here it is only Grimsby Town fans that moan about their team and manager.

Private Message
Reply: 60 - 66
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
September 14, 2014, 9:38pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
It is at times like this you realise how little hope there is for our club. It is only September and yet many of us are certain that next May will see us still in the Conference. JF will not sack the manager just now. It would take more poor results before he feels forced to act. More likely he will stump up for a couple of loanees and hope to buy time.

The reason is obvious. It is cheaper than paying off the manager and signing a new one with compensation. The only other way is getting someone who is out of work and that isn't exactly easy or a good recommendation. The easiest way out is to keep the manager he has, back him in a limited way and pray for results. If and when it goes pear shaped he always has the fall back of being able to say he backed the manager with cash.

I can't see any change on the horizon yet whatever next week's results but there should be. JF should act now regardless of the difficulties of finding a new manager, but he won't. As things stand the club is already facing Conference football again next season. I really do hope to be proved wrong but quite honestly I doubt that.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 66
headingly_mariner
September 14, 2014, 11:01pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,320
Gold Stars: 113
Ridiculous to think about changing the manager this early in the season with the injuries we have suffered, time to back him with a few key loan signings and get us back on track
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 66
kingster72
September 15, 2014, 8:48am

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: -7
Dean Saunders is the best shout so far, although if we could tempt Mills, or if Slade gets sacked, then worth a try, but doubtful he'd work for Fenty again, never mind drop to the conference.  Hurst has served his time, it's time to get someone in, to take us up.  We should have changed when Scott got fired and Gary Mills & Mickey Mellon were available then.  Can we trust Fenty to make the right decisions, he hasn't done that once in his time as owner, so very doubtful!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 66
Garth
September 15, 2014, 9:14am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
It is at times like this you realise how little hope there is for our club. It is only September and yet many of us are certain that next May will see us still in the Conference. JF will not sack the manager just now. It would take more poor results before he feels forced to act. More likely he will stump up for a couple of loanees and hope to buy time.

The reason is obvious. It is cheaper than paying off the manager and signing a new one with compensation. The only other way is getting someone who is out of work and that isn't exactly easy or a good recommendation. The easiest way out is to keep the manager he has, back him in a limited way and pray for results. If and when it goes pear shaped he always has the fall back of being able to say he backed the manager with cash.

I can't see any change on the horizon yet whatever next week's results but there should be. JF should act now regardless of the difficulties of finding a new manager, but he won't. As things stand the club is already facing Conference football again next season. I really do hope to be proved wrong but quite honestly I doubt that.

Sadly I think your right,
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 66
MuddyWaters
September 15, 2014, 9:23am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235

Amen to that. Short term savings to create further long term losses.
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 66
Nelly GTFC
September 16, 2014, 5:17pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,724
Gold Stars: 31
Gary Brabin ? - his record at this level speaks for itself, although his only promotion credentials are getting Burscough as champions to the Conference North.

I'm almost 100% certain he was approached before the appointment of Scott and Hurst.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/Kng8QBm.png[/img]

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 66
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Alternatives

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.