Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Interesting.....
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 391 Guests

Interesting.....

This thread currently has 4,958 views. Print
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
WOZOFGRIMSBY
August 15, 2014, 5:13pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,759
Gold Stars: 177
Reading the views and comments from the Bolton and Brighton fans, with regards to town and our lovely family club

So come on, who do you have a soft spot for and who do you have a blatant disregard for???? (Outside of our local neighbours of course)

He’s one of our loans
He’s one of our loans
Harvey Cartwright
He’s one of our loans
Logged Offline
Private Message
JMT
August 15, 2014, 5:17pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +473
Gold Stars: 19
if i'm honest i've always liked west ham no clue why, just always liked them as a team.

hate Manchester City the amount of money they've gone and spent to get the PL Title is absolutely ridiculous.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 61
August 15, 2014, 5:28pm
Guest User
Quoted from JMT

hate Manchester City the amount of money they've gone and spent to get the PL Title is absolutely ridiculous.

How else are you supposed to win the premiership with out spending millions?
Reply: 2 - 61
promotion plaice
August 15, 2014, 5:35pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,953
Gold Stars: 188
Town are my only true team, but i should imagine some town fan's have a premiership favorite as well.

That's where i differ because i have a soft spot for all the premiership teams, especially when they are playing foreign team's.

I can never understand, for example, a Man United fan wanting Liverpool to lose to a foreign team in Europe.

I'm a proud Englishman and could never wan't one of our team's to lose to the foreigner's ( not even Hull City ).

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 61
Nelly GTFC
August 15, 2014, 5:37pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +24 / -6
Approval: +2,694
Gold Stars: 30
Mainly hate Liverpool and Man Utd, fedup of going anywhere around this Town and seeing Grimsby people with shirts on, bet most never even goto a match per season to watch them, bunch of phonys.

When Blackpool went into the Premiership I wanted them to stay up just to see a smaller club pull their own weight just like Wimbledon used to, it was quite funny seeing them beat Liverpool twice.

Hope QPR beat loads of big clubs just to show them up.  

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 61
JMT
August 15, 2014, 5:37pm

Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from promotion plaice
Town are my only true team, but i should imagine some town fan's have a premiership favorite as well.

That's where i differ because i have a soft spot for all the premiership teams, especially when they are playing foreign team's.

I can never understand, for example, a Man United fan wanting Liverpool to lose to a foreign team in Europe.

I'm a proud Englishman and could never wan't one of our team's to lose to the foreigner's ( not even Hull City ).

Agree with that, as i don't support an premier league team i'd like to see any of the clubs in europe from England do well.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 61
Abdul19
August 15, 2014, 5:41pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 213
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
Mainly hate Liverpool and Man Utd, fedup of going anywhere around this Town and seeing Grimsby people with shirts on, bet most never even goto a match per season to watch them, bunch of phonys.

When Blackpool went into the Premiership I wanted them to stay up just to see a smaller club pull their own weight just like Wimbledon used to, it was quite funny seeing them beat Liverpool twice.

Hope QPR beat loads of big clubs just to show them up.  

But QPR have a wage bill comparable to a big club  

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 61
Tangerine Chris
August 15, 2014, 5:41pm
Old git with a sense of humour
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: -24
Nottingham Forest in England, and Dundee United in Scotland

IF YOU PLAY FOR THE BADGE ON THE FRONT OF YOUR SHIRT
THEY WILL REMEMBER THE NAME ON THE BACK OF IT

You can change your wife, your house, your car, but you can never change your team.
Chairmen come and go, boards come and go, but the fans remain.
They are the one true constant

Eddie Thompson OBE
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 61
WOZOFGRIMSBY
August 15, 2014, 5:42pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Ok, should've worded it better about being to a game v's the team

He’s one of our loans
He’s one of our loans
Harvey Cartwright
He’s one of our loans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 61
promotion plaice
August 15, 2014, 5:44pm

Quoted from Tangerine Chris
Nottingham Forest in England, and Dundee United in Scotland

Love or hate, why ?

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 61
Mariner Ronnie
August 15, 2014, 5:45pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.81
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
Soft spot- accrington Stanley, for the lifeline in the 09/10 season they gave us but it was not to be, Blackpool, for when they were in the premier league punching above their weight, still managed to play attractive football but man scum relegated them last day.

Disregard - man United, hate the fans except the ones that actually go regular, glory supporters, ferguson when he was there, I know he achieved a lot but never liked his personality, don't like scunny, or Lincoln but after last season I hate them even more for their dirty spoilsport tactics.

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 61
JMT
August 15, 2014, 5:47pm

Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from Mariner Ronnie
Soft spot- accrington Stanley, for the lifeline in the 09/10 season they gave us but it was not to be, Blackpool, for when they were in the premier league punching above their weight, still managed to play attractive football but man scum relegated them last day.

Disregard - man United, hate the fans except the ones that actually go regular, glory supporters, ferguson when he was there, I know he achieved a lot but never liked his personality, don't like scunny, or Lincoln but after last season I hate them even more for their dirty spoilsport tactics.

Forgot about Accrington, now they are one team i can't hate either.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 61
Nelly GTFC
August 15, 2014, 5:49pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Abdul19
But QPR have a wage bill comparable to a big club  
Yeah, to me though they are still deemed as a small club, 18,000 gates isn't that many.

I don't think any team apart from Darlington haven't seen a decent % increase in support with a new stadium.

I'm sure they will eventually build a 40,000 new stadium they will get a lot more support.  Looks really good.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/i7Wkwmj.jpg[/img]

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 61
grimsby pete
August 15, 2014, 5:52pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
I like to watch Spurs and West Ham because they always try to play football the proper way,

I dislike Leeds and their fans,

Apart from that I enjoy watching any football game from the Prem down to Sunday League,

Come on Metro Inns !!!!!!!!!!!!

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 61
Maringer
August 15, 2014, 5:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,140
Gold Stars: 180
Quoted from JMT

Forgot about Accrington, now they are one team i can't hate either.

Accrington Stanley? Who are they?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 61
promotion plaice
August 15, 2014, 5:58pm

Quoted from Maringer

Accrington Stanley? Who are they?

https://www.google.co.uk/url?s.....TEfC6CrcITHH9CfVWyyQ

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 61
WOZOFGRIMSBY
August 15, 2014, 5:59pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Exactly!

He’s one of our loans
He’s one of our loans
Harvey Cartwright
He’s one of our loans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 61
BottesfordMariner
August 15, 2014, 6:23pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +13 / -2
Approval: +1,312
Gold Stars: 9
Like Man City ...go on shoot me.

Been a fan since the 70's had a season ticket for about 10 years (Certainly during the Micky Lyons/Bobby Roberts era at Town) At one point was a bigger City fan than Town. As money has become increasingly crazy in the Greed is God premier league i would put Town first these days. Been a ST holder at BP for several years and only occasionally blow some ££ to watch Citeh. People go on about the money they have but to break into the monopoly at the top of the league you have to spend money. Like no-one has ever tried to buy success before?? If an owner with deep pockets wanted to invest in your team of course you would so no wouldn't you.

the people in charge are there for the long haul and are investing in the infrastructure of the club. They are putting lots of money into the the youth set up and into East Manchester. its not just about the first team.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/spo.....ed-100m-complex.html

Obviously Man U are top of my 'dislike' list along with Leeds- goes back to my school days when both had strong followings at my school.

My dad was from Fleetwood and was a Blackpool fan so i have a soft spot for both teams. Fleetwood ......another team people like to bash. Arent Town crying out for an Andy Pilley like character though?? .I'm going to be popular on here......might be some negs coming my way. Try to watch them both every season...in fact will be making the short trip to Glanford Park on Tuesday Iron against the Cods.

so City and Fleetwood..who else would stir up animosity....oh yes in Scotland my favs are Celtic. Obvioiusly cant stand 'Gers

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 61
rancido
August 15, 2014, 7:21pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,445
Gold Stars: 91
I used to have a great regard for Liverpool in the 60's, 70's and 80's. They had a superb coaching staff with forward thinking plans as regards developing their future managers from the back room staff. I seem to recall the club was run by a local family with complete regard for the local fan base. Of course this all went t*ts up when all the big money came on the scene and I regard them with indifference like I do virtually all the Premiersh*t clubs.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 61
Rick12
August 15, 2014, 7:30pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Nelly GTFC

Shame we don't see more people in Grimsby wearing the Town shirt.I use to be one that supported Liverpool when I was a kid(mainly down to media influence) then changed my allegiance after seeing the light   in my teens supporting the club of my family

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 61
immariner
August 15, 2014, 7:32pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,387
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from BottesfordMariner
People go on about the money they have but to break into the monopoly at the top of the league to spend money. Like no-one has ever tried to buy success before?? If an owner with deep pockets wanted to invest in your team of course you would so no wouldn't you.

No, no I wouldn't. I dislike any football club that spends beyond its means. People talk about how football has changed and how clubs are businesses. But that isn't true, they're charity cases and play things for the rich and I can't stand it and I can't bear to see lower league football fans (cognitive dissonance much?), or any football fans really being ok with it.

Football clubs are community assets and putting them in the debt of an individual or group is dangerous (familiar?).There are too many cases of chairman/consortiums being "in it for the long haul" only for them to intercourse the club over. In my ideal world all football clubs would be supporter-run, sustainably and ethically. Football is so far away from that that I pretty much don't give a shite about it anymore, Except wanting to see Town do well, as long as we try and do it properly, even if that sees us staying in the conference for an extended period.

Some will call me deluded. But I wouldn't sell out my principles even if it meant seeing Town win the Premier League.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 61
northbankmariner
August 15, 2014, 7:32pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +27 / -3
Approval: +525

Aaaargh I should agree with you on this one, but I just can't wish hull city to do well, especially this year in the Europa league. Have to say I will have a smile inside if lokeren  beat them, as I work and live surrounded by them, I don't hate them as much as I did in the 80's when there really was an intense and often fierce rivalry with hull city but something inside just can't wish them to succeed.
I have a soft spot for AFC Wimbledon because of where they have come from and their supporters.
I have a soft spot for notts forest, had this since the late seventies cloughie era.
I don't really have any dislikes outside local rivalry

CLAP
CLAP
CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP
FISH
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 61
promotion plaice
August 15, 2014, 7:39pm

Quoted from northbankmariner

Aaaargh I should agree with you on this one, but I just can't wish hull city to do well, especially this year in the Europa league. Have to say I will have a smile inside if lokeren  beat them, as I work and live surrounded by them, I don't hate them as much as I did in the 80's when there really was an intense and often fierce rivalry with hull city but something inside just can't wish them to succeed.
I have a soft spot for AFC Wimbledon because of where they have come from and their supporters.
I have a soft spot for notts forest, had this since the late seventies cloughie era.
I don't really have any dislikes outside local rivalry

I must admit it is hard to wan't Hull to win, and get this one, I'M ORIGINALLY FROM HULL and followed the Tiger's as a kid.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 61
Abdul19
August 15, 2014, 8:28pm

Season Ticket Holder
Man Utd losing in Europe never gets boring.

Although them not even qualifying was even funnier.

Liverpool going out is also good as it stops all that bollocks about 'The Kop sucking the ball into the net' etc etc.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 61
Nelly GTFC
August 15, 2014, 8:32pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
Reading the views and comments from the Bolton and Brighton fans, with regards to town and our lovely family club
Haha, their has been some right A** hole comments from some people on some club forums, but I just replied with being nice, no point losing any potential petition signatures, I dunno what Bolton fans problem is lol.  

A few Blackburn were being miserable as well... just have to keep cool lol

The Fulham fans were all nice, none had a bad word to say about Grimsby Town.

Just done Bristol City >>  [url=http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/164240-petition-new-stadium-grimsby-town/?p=2073944]http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/164240-petition-new-stadium-grimsby-town/?p=2073944[/url]

Their stadium redevelopment looks awesome - pics >> [url=http://www.bristol247.com/2013/06/25/consultation-opens-to-public-for-ashton-gate-redevelopment-51821/]http://www.bristol247.com/2013/06/25/consultation-opens-to-public-for-ashton-gate-redevelopment-51821/[/url]

They have a day to day progress cam, click from April to August - turf dug up and re-surfaced, East stand smashed down so far. >> [url=https://www.lobstervision.tv/home]https://www.lobstervision.tv/home[/url]

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 61
Green27
August 15, 2014, 8:45pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +15 / -6
Approval: +888
Gold Stars: 12
I like Woking as I live here, also have a soft spot for Palace since I've moved down South never failed to have a good conversation about football with any of their fans.  Out of England I like Bordeaux as we go there quite a bit their new stadium looks incredible.

I dislike the standard Man United aka the Tesco's of football and Tranmere the way they celebrated when we were relegated at their place back in 03 I have never forgotten that.

We do the DN35 Podcast
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 61
bobbyturtle
August 15, 2014, 9:39pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.77
Rep Score: +29 / -4
Approval: +954
Gold Stars: 18
northwich vics

Icenian Prediction League 2015 (Game 2) winner
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 61
moosey_club
August 15, 2014, 10:07pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,141
Gold Stars: 220
Soft spot for Tranmere...watched them a fair bit in the mid to late 80's.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 61
dapperz fun pub
August 15, 2014, 10:12pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81
No soft spot for any other team but dislike liverpool for its never our fault and hate celtic for singing about lee rigbys death the cuunts oh yeh fuk the scunts aswell
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 61
Nelly GTFC
August 15, 2014, 10:29pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from dapperz fun pub
No soft spot for any other team but dislike liverpool for its never our fault and hate celtic for singing about lee rigbys death the cuunts oh yeh fuk the scunts aswell
Oh yeah just reminded me of this I saw a while back...

[youtube]BzHSr2-QFlo[/youtube]

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 61
Harry Haddock
August 15, 2014, 10:48pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +18 / -8
Approval: +670
Gold Stars: 5
Used to like watching Forest as a kid (during the Clough era) and I dislike Man Utd

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 61
Grimal
August 16, 2014, 12:03am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +2,850
Gold Stars: 8
West Ham has always been my team since I was at junior school, the only reason I chose the hammers was that the first football shirt I wore at that school was claret and blue, how stupid but it's true. Also I have a soft spot for Boston United as I lived there for 45 yrs and started supporting them when I packed up playing. After moving to Grimsby 6 yrs ago the most important team for me now is Town.
I lived in Peterborough for 7 yrs before coming up here but only went to London road once and that was to watch The Hammers play them in a cup match.Would never have supported Peterborough,can't stand that arrogant prat Fry.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 61
forza ivano
August 16, 2014, 12:06am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +73 / -18
Approval: +15,133
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Abdul19
Man Utd losing in Europe never gets boring.

Although them not even qualifying was even funnier.

Liverpool going out is also good as it stops all that bollocks about 'The Kop sucking the ball into the net' etc etc.

Whs. listening to andy Townsend being forced to acknowledge that a foreign team might actually be better than some overrated overpaid and under skilled england or premiership team is always entertaining

Have always liked burnley n Crewe.two clubs I wish we could copy and match.also met some burnlah fans at the World Cup who like town literally punched above their weight
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 61
Tommy
August 16, 2014, 12:24am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,859
Gold Stars: 76
I always find it interesting when people say we should all support English sides in Europe. When these English clubs with foreign owners, foreign managers and a team of foreign players (sometimes in their entirety) compete in the Champions League, the only English thing about them is the fans.

I always used to back English sides in Europe and probably generally do now still, but I'm less inclined to these days.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 61
GYinScuntland
August 16, 2014, 12:57am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,210
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

So come on, who do you have a soft spot for and who do you have a blatant disregard for???? (Outside of our local neighbours of course)

Dad was from Carlisle and Mum from Deptford so I always look out for Carlisle and Millwalls results. More than a few Town lads since the 70's have had the pleasure of meeting my Aunt Lill in Rotherhithe before Town games in South and East London.

I've a soft spot for Barnsley too due to an afternoon on the beer in the Yorkshireman boozer. Old bill advised us to move on as the 15-20 Barnsley lads had sussed us. One of their lads spoke to me in the toilet, said no problem as they knew we were all right and they were going on to somewhere else anyhow. On the next trip to the bar we found out they had left twenty notes for us to have a drink!! And that was when twenty notes was twenty notes. Sorry, but some people ooze class.

If disregard is code for hate the male masturbators, then Luton. And this goes back years and years. Always been a snidey bunch of 5 onto 1 cowards and I'm afraid for me the rep of the knuckle draggers that follow them rubs off on the club and town. Crap Wetherspoons too.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 61
Maringer
August 16, 2014, 9:44am
Barley Wine Drinker
I always had a soft spot for Forest when I was younger because of Clough's amusing and outspoken style of management. They also played good football and I was a big fan of Des Walker as a player. For some reason, when I was quite young, I also quite liked Arsenal as well. No idea why that was the case - I have a (very) vague recollection of perhaps owning an Arsenal-style shirt when I was a kid though why I would have that I don't know. These days, I wouldn't wear any non-stripey shirt!

Disregard? Sunderland, without a doubt. I've never met a Mackem who wasn't a complete buffoon - they're like the Geordies but without the 'charm'. And yes, I'm being facetious when I say the Geordies have charm. Always remember some sharp object of a Sunderland fan trying to start a fight with me as I was out celebrating in Covent Garden after our play-off win back in the Buckley #II era! Put a right dampener on my night and I was very happy when Mendonca got his hat-trick the next day!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 61
grimps
August 16, 2014, 9:48am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +4,993
Gold Stars: 46
Is there a link to what the Bolton and Brighton fans was saying ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 61
dapperz fun pub
August 16, 2014, 10:16am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
Oh yeah just reminded me of this I saw a while back...

[youtube]BzHSr2-QFlo[/youtube]

Horrible club horrible fans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 61
TownSNAFU5
August 16, 2014, 10:41am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,773
Gold Stars: 41
I had a soft sport for Hereford when they were non-league in 1972.  I was stationed there in the RAF.  Went to watch quite a few home games and some away games (Newport and Aston Villa in the Cup).  Hereford were good and famously beat Newcastle in a FA CUP replay at Edgar Street.

There is no long-term emotional attachment though like there is with Town.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 61
MeanwoodMariner
August 16, 2014, 11:41am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
I love Mourinho so for now I have a soft spot for Chelsea.

Hate Liverpool. I hate the way they criticise other for having "no history". It's spectacularly arrogant and ignorant. Other clubs may not have many trophies in their past but unless you're talking about MK Dons, virtually every club has 100 years of history, generation after generation attending matches and going through all the same highs and lows.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 61
Rick12
August 16, 2014, 12:03pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Tommy
I always find it interesting when people say we should all support English sides in Europe. When these English clubs with foreign owners, foreign managers and a team of foreign players (sometimes in their entirety) compete in the Champions League, the only English thing about them is the fans.

And not to mention the knock on effect of stifling young talent trying to get through.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 61
Rick12
August 16, 2014, 12:04pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from MeanwoodMariner
I love Mourinho so for now I have a soft spot for Chelsea.

To be fair to him does get the most out of his players

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 61
Nelly GTFC
August 16, 2014, 1:03pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from grimps
Is there a link to what the Bolton and Brighton fans was saying ?
Loads of Brighton signed the petition >> [url=http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?306840-Petition-New-Stadium-Grimsby-Town]http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?306840-Petition-New-Stadium-Grimsby-Town[/url]

Fulham fans were good to! >> [url=http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?topic=41414.0]http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?topic=41414.0[/url]

Bolton >> [url=http://www.the-wanderer.co.uk/boards/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=25618]http://www.the-wanderer.co.uk/boards/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=25618[/url]

I haven't done a lot of big clubs yet, still to do the Everton, Manchester clubs, Liverpool, Sunderland, Newcastle, I did Arsenal, but that was just one forum they have a few!

Done a few Yorky clubs, but still to do Sheffield Wednesday / United, Donny, Hull etc etc.

I reckon we can get another 3,000 signatures from this, already got a thousand since a week ago lol.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 61
Nelly GTFC
August 18, 2014, 7:41pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
From keeping tabs on the petition itself, around 100 Sunderland fans have signed the petition so far, bunch of good eggs >> [url=http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/petition-new-stadium-grimsby-town.955649/]http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/petition-new-stadium-grimsby-town.955649/[/url]

Dover fans about 15, not bad really considering, it's taking a while because im having to reply back to why we want a stadium, and negative posters on forums etc.  Most have been postive.

I reckon we will have 6,000 signatures by Thursday, not sure whether to do other leagues, even ones in Europe - google translate for the win!

I've only done 40 teams so far, hardly any massive clubs.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 61
lukeo
August 19, 2014, 10:02am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,304
Gold Stars: 133
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

My soft spot used to be Accy Stanley, always felt welcome in the Clayton End when I used to go when Town weren't playing. Don't really have one anymore, like to see any prem team do well who are full of home grown talent.. Burnley, Liverpool etc
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 61
Dan
August 19, 2014, 10:45am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +36 / -17
Approval: +551

This makes no sense:
Arsenal: USA 65%, Russa 15%, Iran 15%
Aston Villa: USA 100%
Burnley:UK 100%
Chelsea: Russia 100%
Crystal Palace: UK 100%
Everton: UK 100%
Hull: Egypt 100%
Leicester: Thailand 100%
Liverpool: USA 100%
Manchester City: UAE 100%
Manchester United: USA 100%
Newcastle: UK 100%
QPR: Malaysia 66%,India 33%
Southampton: Swiss 100%
Stoke City: UK 100%
Sunderland: USA 100%
Swansea City: 100% UK (Welsh)
Tottenham: 100% UK
West Brom: 100% UK
West Ham: 90% UK, 10% Iceland

Only the clubs in bold are majority from the UK, and this doesn't even begin to deal with the fact that majority foreign owned teams can and have fielded a completely foreign team. The majority of a team like Manchester United or Liverpool fans probably aren;t English either.

Me, I go to more Dulwich Hamlet games than Grimsby, but I wouldn't say I support them.

Quoted from John Fenty, April 2013
I deconstructed the flag to the point where it was safe and couldn’t be considered a danger
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 61
NorthseaMariner
August 19, 2014, 11:50am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Approval: +1,518
Gold Stars: 11
Don't like Leeds, because the year they went into the old First Division, when Don Revie was manager, we played them and not one player would give me an autograph, where'as all Northhampton players signed, the same year and they also went up.
Don't like West Ham because of the Tevez affair. Don't like Portmouth for being the only Premiership Club to refuse to help us and the Championship teams after the crash of the TV deal.
Also don't like Leicester as they went into administration, paid something like 20p in the pound, maybe less to their debtors and 6 weeks later, still had all their expensive players and started the new season in the "Crisp Bowl".
I do like any of the other teams, when they play well though, Man U included.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 61
Maringer
August 19, 2014, 11:51am
Barley Wine Drinker
Allam at Hull is a British citizen so they are a British-owned club as well. Egyptian-born, but he's lived here for almost 50 years and raised his family here.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 61
Abdul19
August 19, 2014, 12:47pm

Season Ticket Holder
Who owns the other 1% of QPR?

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 61
WOZOFGRIMSBY
August 19, 2014, 1:48pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Abdul19
Who owns the other 1% of QPR?

Harry redknapps dog

He’s one of our loans
He’s one of our loans
Harvey Cartwright
He’s one of our loans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 61
Nelly GTFC
August 30, 2014, 12:13pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Over 6,000 signatures now for the petition!  That's around 1,800 new signatures within the last couple of weeks! lol

Just doing the Canaries forums now, I'm aiming for 10,000 plus signatures and won't give up till I've got them.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 61
ackomariner
August 30, 2014, 12:14pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
Over 6,000 signatures now for the petition!  That's around 1,800 new signatures within the last couple of weeks! lol

Just doing the Canaries forums now, I'm aiming for 10,000 plus signatures and won't give up till I've got them.  

Good on ya mate  

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 61
cmackenzie4
August 30, 2014, 12:19pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.29
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,320
Gold Stars: 33
Yes agree with ackomariner , great to see this dedication from you Nelly.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 61
Nelly GTFC
August 30, 2014, 12:23pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from ackomariner
Good on ya mate  
Quoted from cmackenzie4
Yes agree with ackomariner , great to see this dedication from you Nelly.
Cheers, I could of had more, but a lot of the big clubs like Newcastle, Man Utd etc won't let you create a new topic unless you made 200 comments on other peoples posts, to stop muppets from other clubs trolling the messageboards.

Got the main football forums to do yet, so should get a lot more, onwards and upwards.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 61
Cumbrian Mariner
August 30, 2014, 12:44pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +304
Well done Nelly.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 61
jimgtfc
August 30, 2014, 1:02pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,009
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from Nelly GTFC

Cracking effort lad!

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 61
Marinerz93
August 31, 2014, 9:55am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
[/quote]Cheers, I could of had more, but a lot of the big clubs like Newcastle, Man Utd etc won't let you create a new topic unless you made 200 comments on other peoples posts, to stop muppets from other clubs trolling the messageboards.

Got the main football forums to do yet, so should get a lot more, onwards and upwards.  

Fantastic continued efforts Nelly, as an idea, the clubs who won't let you post due the required 200 comments, can you write to their moderators and get them to put up the petition for you.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 61
August 31, 2014, 10:43am
Guest User
I like Gresley Rovers as the king once managed them to successive promotions.
Reply: 57 - 61
Nelly GTFC
August 31, 2014, 1:21pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Marinerz93
Fantastic continued efforts Nelly, as an idea, the clubs who won't let you post due the required 200 comments, can you write to their moderators and get them to put up the petition for you.
Yeah on one of the Man Utd forums redcafe.net a moderator posted it on their main section, I'll have to go down this route, was unable to post on any of the Newcastle messageboards.

The Sunderland one the mods deleted the post after 24 hours, we was getting loads of signatures grr.  

Once i'm fully done, I'll post all the links up in the next few days so you can read the comments of what they have to say...

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 61
Mighty_Mariner
August 31, 2014, 1:24pm
Pontoonite
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

Do you have a link mate?

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 61
KingstonMariner
August 31, 2014, 2:28pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from 75
I like Gresley Rovers as the king once managed them to successive promotions.

Forgot about that!

Hopefully Cleethorpes will beat them in the Cup.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 61
Nelly GTFC
November 20, 2014, 1:07am
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Just started cracking on getting more petition signatures again tonight, finally got permission to post on Hull City forums, hopefully a few will. I've still got 30 teams to do on their main websites.

Flipping hell, probally one of the strictest forums - Leicester City!
Quoted from Talking Balls - Leicester City forum
PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING

Everyone is welcome to join Talking Balls, but ONLY if they want to take part in our discussions, not if they want to use this site as a source of free advertising. Anyone posting on behalf of a commercial organisation who ignores this rule and posts any kind of advert without permission will be billed £100 per post. By registering you have already agreed to this charge.

Anyone who joins just to post adverts, to promote a website, a cause (even if it's for charity), or is trying to get publicity for anything (whether it's considered to be on topic or not), MUST ask for permission before posting.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 61
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Interesting.....

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.