Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Interesting.....
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 219 Guests

Interesting.....

This thread currently has 5,003 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Harry Haddock
August 15, 2014, 10:48pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +18 / -8
Approval: +670
Gold Stars: 5
Used to like watching Forest as a kid (during the Clough era) and I dislike Man Utd

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 61
Grimal
August 16, 2014, 12:03am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,858
Gold Stars: 9
West Ham has always been my team since I was at junior school, the only reason I chose the hammers was that the first football shirt I wore at that school was claret and blue, how stupid but it's true. Also I have a soft spot for Boston United as I lived there for 45 yrs and started supporting them when I packed up playing. After moving to Grimsby 6 yrs ago the most important team for me now is Town.
I lived in Peterborough for 7 yrs before coming up here but only went to London road once and that was to watch The Hammers play them in a cup match.Would never have supported Peterborough,can't stand that arrogant prat Fry.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 61
forza ivano
August 16, 2014, 12:06am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,148
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Abdul19
Man Utd losing in Europe never gets boring.

Although them not even qualifying was even funnier.

Liverpool going out is also good as it stops all that bollocks about 'The Kop sucking the ball into the net' etc etc.

Whs. listening to andy Townsend being forced to acknowledge that a foreign team might actually be better than some overrated overpaid and under skilled england or premiership team is always entertaining

Have always liked burnley n Crewe.two clubs I wish we could copy and match.also met some burnlah fans at the World Cup who like town literally punched above their weight
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 61
Tommy
August 16, 2014, 12:24am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
I always find it interesting when people say we should all support English sides in Europe. When these English clubs with foreign owners, foreign managers and a team of foreign players (sometimes in their entirety) compete in the Champions League, the only English thing about them is the fans.

I always used to back English sides in Europe and probably generally do now still, but I'm less inclined to these days.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 61
GYinScuntland
August 16, 2014, 12:57am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,238
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
Reading the views and comments from the Bolton and Brighton fans, with regards to town and our lovely family club

So come on, who do you have a soft spot for and who do you have a blatant disregard for???? (Outside of our local neighbours of course)

Dad was from Carlisle and Mum from Deptford so I always look out for Carlisle and Millwalls results. More than a few Town lads since the 70's have had the pleasure of meeting my Aunt Lill in Rotherhithe before Town games in South and East London.

I've a soft spot for Barnsley too due to an afternoon on the beer in the Yorkshireman boozer. Old bill advised us to move on as the 15-20 Barnsley lads had sussed us. One of their lads spoke to me in the toilet, said no problem as they knew we were all right and they were going on to somewhere else anyhow. On the next trip to the bar we found out they had left twenty notes for us to have a drink!! And that was when twenty notes was twenty notes. Sorry, but some people ooze class.

If disregard is code for hate the male masturbators, then Luton. And this goes back years and years. Always been a snidey bunch of 5 onto 1 cowards and I'm afraid for me the rep of the knuckle draggers that follow them rubs off on the club and town. Crap Wetherspoons too.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 61
Maringer
August 16, 2014, 9:44am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,476
Gold Stars: 185
I always had a soft spot for Forest when I was younger because of Clough's amusing and outspoken style of management. They also played good football and I was a big fan of Des Walker as a player. For some reason, when I was quite young, I also quite liked Arsenal as well. No idea why that was the case - I have a (very) vague recollection of perhaps owning an Arsenal-style shirt when I was a kid though why I would have that I don't know. These days, I wouldn't wear any non-stripey shirt!

Disregard? Sunderland, without a doubt. I've never met a Mackem who wasn't a complete buffoon - they're like the Geordies but without the 'charm'. And yes, I'm being facetious when I say the Geordies have charm. Always remember some sharp object of a Sunderland fan trying to start a fight with me as I was out celebrating in Covent Garden after our play-off win back in the Buckley #II era! Put a right dampener on my night and I was very happy when Mendonca got his hat-trick the next day!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 61
grimps
August 16, 2014, 9:48am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,106
Gold Stars: 46
Is there a link to what the Bolton and Brighton fans was saying ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 61
dapperz fun pub
August 16, 2014, 10:16am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,927
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
Oh yeah just reminded me of this I saw a while back...

[youtube]BzHSr2-QFlo[/youtube]

Horrible club horrible fans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 61
TownSNAFU5
August 16, 2014, 10:41am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,874
Gold Stars: 42
I had a soft sport for Hereford when they were non-league in 1972.  I was stationed there in the RAF.  Went to watch quite a few home games and some away games (Newport and Aston Villa in the Cup).  Hereford were good and famously beat Newcastle in a FA CUP replay at Edgar Street.

There is no long-term emotional attachment though like there is with Town.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 61
MeanwoodMariner
August 16, 2014, 11:41am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
I love Mourinho so for now I have a soft spot for Chelsea.

Hate Liverpool. I hate the way they criticise other for having "no history". It's spectacularly arrogant and ignorant. Other clubs may not have many trophies in their past but unless you're talking about MK Dons, virtually every club has 100 years of history, generation after generation attending matches and going through all the same highs and lows.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 61
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Interesting.....

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.