Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Interesting.....
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 240 Guests

Interesting.....

This thread currently has 4,961 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Mariner Ronnie
August 15, 2014, 5:45pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.81
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
Soft spot- accrington Stanley, for the lifeline in the 09/10 season they gave us but it was not to be, Blackpool, for when they were in the premier league punching above their weight, still managed to play attractive football but man scum relegated them last day.

Disregard - man United, hate the fans except the ones that actually go regular, glory supporters, ferguson when he was there, I know he achieved a lot but never liked his personality, don't like scunny, or Lincoln but after last season I hate them even more for their dirty spoilsport tactics.

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 61
JMT
August 15, 2014, 5:47pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +473
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from Mariner Ronnie
Soft spot- accrington Stanley, for the lifeline in the 09/10 season they gave us but it was not to be, Blackpool, for when they were in the premier league punching above their weight, still managed to play attractive football but man scum relegated them last day.

Disregard - man United, hate the fans except the ones that actually go regular, glory supporters, ferguson when he was there, I know he achieved a lot but never liked his personality, don't like scunny, or Lincoln but after last season I hate them even more for their dirty spoilsport tactics.

Forgot about Accrington, now they are one team i can't hate either.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 61
Nelly GTFC
August 15, 2014, 5:49pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +24 / -6
Approval: +2,694
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from Abdul19
But QPR have a wage bill comparable to a big club  
Yeah, to me though they are still deemed as a small club, 18,000 gates isn't that many.

I don't think any team apart from Darlington haven't seen a decent % increase in support with a new stadium.

I'm sure they will eventually build a 40,000 new stadium they will get a lot more support.  Looks really good.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/i7Wkwmj.jpg[/img]

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 61
grimsby pete
August 15, 2014, 5:52pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
I like to watch Spurs and West Ham because they always try to play football the proper way,

I dislike Leeds and their fans,

Apart from that I enjoy watching any football game from the Prem down to Sunday League,

Come on Metro Inns !!!!!!!!!!!!

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 61
Maringer
August 15, 2014, 5:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,141
Gold Stars: 180
Quoted from JMT

Forgot about Accrington, now they are one team i can't hate either.

Accrington Stanley? Who are they?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 61
promotion plaice
August 15, 2014, 5:58pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,954
Gold Stars: 189
Quoted from Maringer

Accrington Stanley? Who are they?

https://www.google.co.uk/url?s.....TEfC6CrcITHH9CfVWyyQ

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 61
WOZOFGRIMSBY
August 15, 2014, 5:59pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,759
Gold Stars: 177
Exactly!

He’s one of our loans
He’s one of our loans
Harvey Cartwright
He’s one of our loans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 61
BottesfordMariner
August 15, 2014, 6:23pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +13 / -2
Approval: +1,312
Gold Stars: 9
Like Man City ...go on shoot me.

Been a fan since the 70's had a season ticket for about 10 years (Certainly during the Micky Lyons/Bobby Roberts era at Town) At one point was a bigger City fan than Town. As money has become increasingly crazy in the Greed is God premier league i would put Town first these days. Been a ST holder at BP for several years and only occasionally blow some ££ to watch Citeh. People go on about the money they have but to break into the monopoly at the top of the league you have to spend money. Like no-one has ever tried to buy success before?? If an owner with deep pockets wanted to invest in your team of course you would so no wouldn't you.

the people in charge are there for the long haul and are investing in the infrastructure of the club. They are putting lots of money into the the youth set up and into East Manchester. its not just about the first team.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/spo.....ed-100m-complex.html

Obviously Man U are top of my 'dislike' list along with Leeds- goes back to my school days when both had strong followings at my school.

My dad was from Fleetwood and was a Blackpool fan so i have a soft spot for both teams. Fleetwood ......another team people like to bash. Arent Town crying out for an Andy Pilley like character though?? .I'm going to be popular on here......might be some negs coming my way. Try to watch them both every season...in fact will be making the short trip to Glanford Park on Tuesday Iron against the Cods.

so City and Fleetwood..who else would stir up animosity....oh yes in Scotland my favs are Celtic. Obvioiusly cant stand 'Gers

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 61
rancido
August 15, 2014, 7:21pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,448
Gold Stars: 92
I used to have a great regard for Liverpool in the 60's, 70's and 80's. They had a superb coaching staff with forward thinking plans as regards developing their future managers from the back room staff. I seem to recall the club was run by a local family with complete regard for the local fan base. Of course this all went t*ts up when all the big money came on the scene and I regard them with indifference like I do virtually all the Premiersh*t clubs.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 61
Rick12
August 15, 2014, 7:30pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
Mainly hate Liverpool and Man Utd, fedup of going anywhere around this Town and seeing Grimsby people with shirts on, bet most never even goto a match per season to watch them, bunch of phonys.

Shame we don't see more people in Grimsby wearing the Town shirt.I use to be one that supported Liverpool when I was a kid(mainly down to media influence) then changed my allegiance after seeing the light   in my teens supporting the club of my family

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 61
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Interesting.....

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.