Bottled it

This thread currently has 2,522 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
the solster
March 12, 2013, 9:54pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +2 / -3
The wheels are well and truly coming off now.
We must look at how to rescue this season.
The title is gone and we are now looking over our shoulders at staying in the chase.
Too many players not delivering the goods. Hannah hasn't scored since he signed,  Devitt inconsistent and too many players drifting in and out.
We've been caught up, sussed out and spluttering in all departments.
Sort it out Scott & Hurst. Promotion is paramount, tin pot trophies mean nothing.
I really don't fancy the play-offs and another season in this SHITE league where you're lucky to get 30 away fans :'
Logged Offline
Private Message
Conference10
March 12, 2013, 9:56pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +11 / -15
Dont be sill.

11 games left 33 point points to play for.

Loads of football to be played and loads of twists and turns yet
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 21
chaos33
March 12, 2013, 9:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +18,017
Gold Stars: 362
Doesn't 'bottled it' infer that we lacked courage? Were intimidated? Lacked commitment or concentration or were overawed? It didn't sound like it to me. I'm as disappointed as anyone (and pi$$ed off), but don't think that's fair comment. We had some underperforming players and we were very unlucky generally.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 21
cod.gtfc
March 12, 2013, 9:57pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +31 / -14
Approval: -1
Lets hope the players feel the same way, means I dont have to bother watching us anymore  this season  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 21
shotandcursed
March 12, 2013, 10:00pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +19 / -33
Approval: -1
'Bottling it" could refer to losing confidence, self belief and winning mentality!

"Did the mods take this into account, when aaron slobbers all over threads with his garbage and attention seeking posts ( though not always) that when he gets put in his place, he could abuse his position and delete comments and block members- no offence but he's the sort of mammary that would do this. the whole decision is beyond belief imo" Hagrid

"Mi5 has limited resources so like it or not the EDL if it was clever enough would plug the gap." Marinerz93

"twit!" Super Clive
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 21
easypeersy
March 12, 2013, 10:03pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +7 / -5
Approval: +301
Gold Stars: 11
Lost three in five matches. Ridiculous end to the season. It's all been ruined!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 21
March 12, 2013, 10:06pm
Guest User
Bit over the top comment listening to tondeur tonight town sounded good just not getting the rub of the green at min, championship is gone 7 points behind to many. now just need to make sure we stay in playoffs
Reply: 6 - 21
chaos33
March 12, 2013, 10:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +18,017
Gold Stars: 362
Quoted from shotandcursed
'Bottling it" could refer to losing confidence, self belief and winning mentality!

I prefer my definition. We sounded like we were playing with confidence up until we conceded. Saying we 'bottled it' is disrespectful to the players I think, and I reckon they deserve better than that. The best people to comment will be some of the travelling Town fans when they return and start to post.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 21
aaron rattray
March 12, 2013, 10:28pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
Im on way back now, as soon as disley went off, things turned bad, midfield without disley and niven is extremely poor, we didn't bottle it, cook and Hannah looks very very low on confidence

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 21
dapperz fun pub
March 12, 2013, 10:37pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,067
Gold Stars: 84
Quoted from aaron rattray
Im on way back now, as soon as disley went off, things turned bad, midfield without disley and niven is extremely poor, we didn't bottle it, cook and Hannah looks very very low on confidence

Tondeur said hannah was outstanding first half was he correct or not aaron ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 21
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Bottled it

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.