3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Rodley Mariner
March 13, 2013, 9:52am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,279
Gold Stars: 185
10 games ago we would've said Mansfield and Kidderminster were barely in it - now look at them. If we can put together a run of 3 or 4 wins on the spin, starting on Saturday, then we can get back in it. Best performance in a while last night so why can't we?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 21
barralad
March 13, 2013, 10:07am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,300
Gold Stars: 127
My five pennorth.  Was talking to a Mansfield fan on the train back to Nottingham who genuinely couldn't believe that we'd lost the game 2-0. Whilst it's easy to be magnaminous in victory it does show that talk of the team somehow bottling it is way off the mark.
Once the first goal went in we were always going to have to chase the game and if I watch Town until the next millenium I doubt I'll see a better goal scored against us than the second.
That said there are undoubted issues. Our attacking play goes in fits and starts. All our forwards seem to be lacking in the confidence that was there in spades before Christmas. I've been very critical of the standard of delivery from out wide to the front men but last night, particularly in the personage of Devitt (easily his best game since his return) the service was fine.
The managers would do well to sit Hannah down and tell him to chill out a little. The lad is becoming increasingly frustrated not just with himself but also his teammates.
All is not lost. Mansfield play Wrexham and Forest Green next. All the teams at the top end have to play games against their promotion rivals.  

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 21
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Bottled it

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.