Players falling out

This thread currently has 3,303 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Conference10
March 12, 2013, 9:44pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +11 / -15
Brodie have a fall out on the pitch with either or Cook or Thanoj. Not sure which one.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Pontoon Pirate
March 12, 2013, 10:04pm

Believe! keep the faith.
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +4 / 0
why would you tell brodie to do that ?

[IMG]http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii287/rampage85/Fishy/bele2a_zps526df84f.jpg[/IMG]

[url]http://pontoonpirate.tumblr.com/[/url]
[url]www.twitter.com/pontoonpirate[/url]

[size=14]"It is a rough road that leads to the heights of greatness."
"If you train hard, you'll not only be hard, you'll be hard to beat."
"Sweat plus sacrifice equals success"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 25
Mariner1993
March 12, 2013, 10:05pm

Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Quoted from Pontoon Pirate
why would you tell brodie to do that ?

HAHA!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 25
Pontoon Pirate
March 12, 2013, 10:11pm

Believe! keep the faith.
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03

[IMG]http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii287/rampage85/Fishy/bele2a_zps526df84f.jpg[/IMG]

[url]http://pontoonpirate.tumblr.com/[/url]
[url]www.twitter.com/pontoonpirate[/url]

[size=14]"It is a rough road that leads to the heights of greatness."
"If you train hard, you'll not only be hard, you'll be hard to beat."
"Sweat plus sacrifice equals success"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 25
Mariner56
March 12, 2013, 10:34pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +276
Gold Stars: 3
I've actually wondered for a while if there is general ill-feeling amongst the squad towards Brodie and that is why LJL appears to be favoured over him. He appears to want to play for himself rather than the team and even tonight he held onto the ball when he came on and tried to score himself instead of passing to Cook who was in a clear position to score. The second goal was scored while he was sulking over a free kick that wasn't awarded to him. He is constantly distracted by what he perceives to be injustice towards him instead of concentrating on playing for the team. He was originally brought into a tight-knit squad who were performing well at the time and working hard for each other to get results,and right from the start started squabbling and sulking over the taking of penalties and free-kicks. I really wonder if he has unsettled the team spirit which would explain the managers continually selecting LJL over him in recent games. I'm not trying to blame him for tonight's defeat as we were already struggling to get back into the game before he came on but I certainly felt his lack of concentration and selfish play didn't help as we were trying to save the game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 25
chaos33
March 12, 2013, 10:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,986
Gold Stars: 365
Quoted from Mariner56
I've actually wondered for a while if there is general ill-feeling amongst the squad towards Brodie and that is why LJL appears to be favoured over him. He appears to want to play for himself rather than the team and even tonight he held onto the ball when he came on and tried to score himself instead of passing to Cook who was in a clear position to score. The second goal was scored while he was sulking over a free kick that wasn't awarded to him. He is constantly distracted by what he perceives to be injustice towards him instead of concentrating on playing for the team. He was originally brought into a tight-knit squad who were performing well at the time and working hard for each other to get results,and right from the start started squabbling and sulking over the taking of penalties and free-kicks. I really wonder if he has unsettled the team spirit which would explain the managers continually selecting LJL over him in recent games. I'm not trying to blame him for tonight's defeat as we were already struggling to get back into the game before he came on but I certainly felt his lack of concentration and selfish play didn't help as we were trying to save the game.

Interesting thoughts. At the time he was signed I made comments to the effect that he might well turn out to be a really disruptive influence and I didn't really want him, and I got absolutley slammed for it on here.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 25
dapperz fun pub
March 12, 2013, 10:44pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,080
Gold Stars: 85
Quoted from chaos33

Interesting thoughts. At the time he was signed I made comments to the effect that he might well turn out to be a really disruptive influence and I didn't really want him, and I got absolutley slammed for it on here.

Thats how it rolls on here  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 25
SteveL
March 12, 2013, 10:47pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: +30
Quoted from Mariner56

What a total load of bollox

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 25
80sglory
March 12, 2013, 10:50pm
Guest User
Quoted from chaos33

Well that's just what happens.
Rightly or wrongly think people are generally fearful of players becoming a target.

tbh not much you can do anyway once they're already here.

So you've got to give players time and just ride with it.
What I don't like is when fans expect miracles straight away.
I'm already waiting for the inevitable "Hearn's not the player he once was" after ONE game.  

Reply: 8 - 25
FishOutOfWater
March 12, 2013, 10:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.13
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,590
Gold Stars: 37
So it looks like Brodie is tonight's scapegoat and not LJL...

Why not just accept the defeat happened for reasons other than "disruptive" or "misguided" signings?

I wasn't there but the general concensus from the commentary and reports I've heard from those who did go was it was a good Town performance and deserved a better outcome

Some people go on about us playing poorly and winning and then we play well and lose and the moaners are still out baying for blood

I just don't get it...we're 5th in the league, we've got 11 games left, so 33 points to aim for and if we are not promoted automatically at least we have strength in depth to try and get us up via the play offs

UTM GTID
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 9 - 25
mariner91
March 12, 2013, 10:59pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,913
Gold Stars: 264
The good performance is a positive. I think losing tonight means we won't win this league. BUT if we can take tonight's performance and keep it going, get at least one striker who knows where the fucking goal is then we might still have a chance.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 25
brad_gtfc
March 12, 2013, 11:26pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +16 / -3
Approval: +269
Im glad they were arguing. It was Cook and Brodie by the way. Shows they actually give a excrement.

No scapegoats tonight, just not our night.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 25
Mariner56
March 12, 2013, 11:34pm
Lager Top Drinker

[quote=58]So it looks like Brodie is tonight's scapegoat and not LJL...

Why not just accept the defeat happened for reasons other than "disruptive" or "misguided" signings?

If you'd read my original comments properly you would have seen that I said I didn't blame Brodie for tonights defeat. I was actually commenting on the subject matter of this thread which was about players falling out with each other on the pitch and what I suspected (in my humble opinion) may be the reason behind it. Yes there were certain things which happened on the pitch tonight which I felt backed up my theory and consequently I referred to them but at no point did I try to make Brodie the scapegoat for tonight's defeat. However I do doubt his commitment to the team but that's a general observation not just based on tonights result. I actually believe tonight's defeat is not the end of the world and that we can still win the title which I have already stated in other threads.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 25
FishOutOfWater
March 12, 2013, 11:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.13
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,590
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Mariner56

[quote=58]So it looks like Brodie is tonight's scapegoat and not LJL...

If you'd read my original comments properly you would have seen that I said I didn't blame Brodie for tonights defeat. I was actually commenting on the subject matter of this thread which was about players falling out with each other on the pitch and what I suspected (in my humble opinion) may be the reason behind it. Yes there were certain things which happened on the pitch tonight which I felt backed up my theory and consequently I referred to them but at no point did I try to make Brodie the scapegoat for tonight's defeat. However I do doubt his commitment to the team but that's a general observation not just based on tonights result. I actually believe tonight's defeat is not the end of the world and that we can still win the title which I have already stated in other threads.

It's all about opinions M56 and you're entitled to yours - maybe I was a bit heavy handed referring to Brodie as a scapegoat but comments tonight from certain quarters have got me wound up and I've come out all guns blazing to shoot down the negatives

I guess when push comes to shove, you just don't think that Brodie's doing the business whereas I think he potentially brings something positive to the team

I'm not going to change my views and you probably won't change yours...you're right in what you say though that defeat tonight is not the end of the world. With or without Brodie in the side, I think we have enough about us to take it to the wire at least

UTM

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 13 - 25
Mariner56
March 13, 2013, 12:04am
Lager Top Drinker
"I guess when push comes to shove, you just don't think that Brodie's doing the business whereas I think he potentially brings something positive to the team"

I do actually agree that Brodie has different attributes to offer to the team but I just wish he would play for the team and not just for himself. Unfortunately I feel this will never change as it is down to his personality. However he is just the sort of player who is likely to come on as a late sub and score the winning goal at Wembley or the goal that takes us back into the football league as he is a headline grabber if nothing else.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 25
mrsd
March 13, 2013, 12:09am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Approval: +144
Brodie appeared to have words with Scott too, the water bottle felt the brunt of it!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 25
arryarryarry
March 13, 2013, 12:18am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,023
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from mrsd
Brodie appeared to have words with Scott too, the water bottle felt the brunt of it!!

Scott also offered one of their baldy players outside during the first half.
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 25
dapperz fun pub
March 13, 2013, 6:25am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from arryarryarry

Scott also offered one of their baldy players outside during the first half.

Thats just rob being passionate
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 25
LongEatonMariner
March 13, 2013, 6:29am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +12 / -6
Approval: +1,037
Gold Stars: 1
If Brodie was disruptive the managers would send him back - he's only on loan remember.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 25
dapperz fun pub
March 13, 2013, 6:31am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from LongEatonMariner
If Brodie was disruptive the managers would send him back - he's only on loan remember.

Agreed
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 25
Munster
March 13, 2013, 7:21am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Hearn on the bench on Saturday would give fas and team a massive lift even if he doesn't, come on.

Have followed Town for all my life during the ups and downs.

My son plays for school of excellence which is so well run without any funding and can see some future stars in the lower age teams.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 25
BIGChris
March 13, 2013, 7:31am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.96
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
In a home game recently Cook could/should have played in Hannah on at least to occasions but he chose to go it alone and the chances went.

Last night Brodie did the same and he is tagged as disruptive

Strikers want to score, especially in such a tight game, that is in their makeup (or at least it should be) and one thing Brodie is is a winner. He desperately wants to win, His record of winning and gaining promotion is a reflection on him being a winner rather than a disruptive, selfish bad apple
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 25
Mrs Doyle
March 13, 2013, 7:35am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
I don't mind players arguing it shows passion it is that sort of game pressure is getting more and more to deliver by all accounts we played the best we have all season last night? Give me a scruffy undeserved 1-0 any day.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 25
olimariner
March 13, 2013, 8:47am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +12
Brodie at least tried to get the ball at his feet and create an opertunity for himself in the measly 10 minutes he got!

I agree with Big chris his record at scoring and gaining promotion at this level is second to none... there is no wonder he is drunk off at not playing when his fellow strikers are not scoring, no one likes been on the bench especially someone as pasionate about it as Brodes...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 25
gymadman
March 13, 2013, 9:22am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Brodie was the first to come over to applaud the town fans, Cook never saw this and witnessed Brodie walking towards the tunnel, comment made and Brodie put Cook straight, hardly Ali/Frazier fight, typical over reaction on here
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 25
barralad
March 13, 2013, 10:12am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,301
Gold Stars: 127
Anyone who can make a link between Brodie and their second goal is stretching the science of coincidences a tad too far. It may be a theory but.....

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 25
3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Players falling out

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.