3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
mariner91
March 12, 2013, 10:59pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,835
Gold Stars: 264
The good performance is a positive. I think losing tonight means we won't win this league. BUT if we can take tonight's performance and keep it going, get at least one striker who knows where the fucking goal is then we might still have a chance.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 25
brad_gtfc
March 12, 2013, 11:26pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +16 / -3
Approval: +269
Im glad they were arguing. It was Cook and Brodie by the way. Shows they actually give a excrement.

No scapegoats tonight, just not our night.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 25
Mariner56
March 12, 2013, 11:34pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +276
Gold Stars: 3

[quote=58]So it looks like Brodie is tonight's scapegoat and not LJL...

Why not just accept the defeat happened for reasons other than "disruptive" or "misguided" signings?

If you'd read my original comments properly you would have seen that I said I didn't blame Brodie for tonights defeat. I was actually commenting on the subject matter of this thread which was about players falling out with each other on the pitch and what I suspected (in my humble opinion) may be the reason behind it. Yes there were certain things which happened on the pitch tonight which I felt backed up my theory and consequently I referred to them but at no point did I try to make Brodie the scapegoat for tonight's defeat. However I do doubt his commitment to the team but that's a general observation not just based on tonights result. I actually believe tonight's defeat is not the end of the world and that we can still win the title which I have already stated in other threads.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 25
FishOutOfWater
March 12, 2013, 11:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,578
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Mariner56

[quote=58]So it looks like Brodie is tonight's scapegoat and not LJL...

Why not just accept the defeat happened for reasons other than "disruptive" or "misguided" signings?

If you'd read my original comments properly you would have seen that I said I didn't blame Brodie for tonights defeat. I was actually commenting on the subject matter of this thread which was about players falling out with each other on the pitch and what I suspected (in my humble opinion) may be the reason behind it. Yes there were certain things which happened on the pitch tonight which I felt backed up my theory and consequently I referred to them but at no point did I try to make Brodie the scapegoat for tonight's defeat. However I do doubt his commitment to the team but that's a general observation not just based on tonights result. I actually believe tonight's defeat is not the end of the world and that we can still win the title which I have already stated in other threads.

It's all about opinions M56 and you're entitled to yours - maybe I was a bit heavy handed referring to Brodie as a scapegoat but comments tonight from certain quarters have got me wound up and I've come out all guns blazing to shoot down the negatives

I guess when push comes to shove, you just don't think that Brodie's doing the business whereas I think he potentially brings something positive to the team

I'm not going to change my views and you probably won't change yours...you're right in what you say though that defeat tonight is not the end of the world. With or without Brodie in the side, I think we have enough about us to take it to the wire at least

UTM

Logged Online
Private Message Skype
Reply: 13 - 25
Mariner56
March 13, 2013, 12:04am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +276
Gold Stars: 3
"I guess when push comes to shove, you just don't think that Brodie's doing the business whereas I think he potentially brings something positive to the team"

I do actually agree that Brodie has different attributes to offer to the team but I just wish he would play for the team and not just for himself. Unfortunately I feel this will never change as it is down to his personality. However he is just the sort of player who is likely to come on as a late sub and score the winning goal at Wembley or the goal that takes us back into the football league as he is a headline grabber if nothing else.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 25
mrsd
March 13, 2013, 12:09am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +144
Brodie appeared to have words with Scott too, the water bottle felt the brunt of it!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 25
arryarryarry
March 13, 2013, 12:18am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,031
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from mrsd
Brodie appeared to have words with Scott too, the water bottle felt the brunt of it!!

Scott also offered one of their baldy players outside during the first half.
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 25
dapperz fun pub
March 13, 2013, 6:25am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,067
Gold Stars: 84
Quoted from arryarryarry

Scott also offered one of their baldy players outside during the first half.

Thats just rob being passionate
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 25
LongEatonMariner
March 13, 2013, 6:29am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +12 / -6
Approval: +1,037
Gold Stars: 1
If Brodie was disruptive the managers would send him back - he's only on loan remember.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 25
dapperz fun pub
March 13, 2013, 6:31am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,067
Gold Stars: 84
Quoted from LongEatonMariner
If Brodie was disruptive the managers would send him back - he's only on loan remember.

Agreed
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 25
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Players falling out

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.