Players falling out

This thread currently has 3,302 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Conference10
March 12, 2013, 9:44pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +11 / -15
Brodie have a fall out on the pitch with either or Cook or Thanoj. Not sure which one.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Pontoon Pirate
March 12, 2013, 10:04pm

Believe! keep the faith.
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +4 / 0
why would you tell brodie to do that ?

[IMG]http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii287/rampage85/Fishy/bele2a_zps526df84f.jpg[/IMG]

[url]http://pontoonpirate.tumblr.com/[/url]
[url]www.twitter.com/pontoonpirate[/url]

[size=14]"It is a rough road that leads to the heights of greatness."
"If you train hard, you'll not only be hard, you'll be hard to beat."
"Sweat plus sacrifice equals success"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 25
Mariner1993
March 12, 2013, 10:05pm

Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Quoted from Pontoon Pirate
why would you tell brodie to do that ?

HAHA!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 25
Pontoon Pirate
March 12, 2013, 10:11pm

Believe! keep the faith.
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +4 / 0

[IMG]http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii287/rampage85/Fishy/bele2a_zps526df84f.jpg[/IMG]

[url]http://pontoonpirate.tumblr.com/[/url]
[url]www.twitter.com/pontoonpirate[/url]

[size=14]"It is a rough road that leads to the heights of greatness."
"If you train hard, you'll not only be hard, you'll be hard to beat."
"Sweat plus sacrifice equals success"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 25
Mariner56
March 12, 2013, 10:34pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +276
Gold Stars: 3
I've actually wondered for a while if there is general ill-feeling amongst the squad towards Brodie and that is why LJL appears to be favoured over him. He appears to want to play for himself rather than the team and even tonight he held onto the ball when he came on and tried to score himself instead of passing to Cook who was in a clear position to score. The second goal was scored while he was sulking over a free kick that wasn't awarded to him. He is constantly distracted by what he perceives to be injustice towards him instead of concentrating on playing for the team. He was originally brought into a tight-knit squad who were performing well at the time and working hard for each other to get results,and right from the start started squabbling and sulking over the taking of penalties and free-kicks. I really wonder if he has unsettled the team spirit which would explain the managers continually selecting LJL over him in recent games. I'm not trying to blame him for tonight's defeat as we were already struggling to get back into the game before he came on but I certainly felt his lack of concentration and selfish play didn't help as we were trying to save the game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 25
chaos33
March 12, 2013, 10:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,986
Gold Stars: 365
Quoted from Mariner56
I've actually wondered for a while if there is general ill-feeling amongst the squad towards Brodie and that is why LJL appears to be favoured over him. He appears to want to play for himself rather than the team and even tonight he held onto the ball when he came on and tried to score himself instead of passing to Cook who was in a clear position to score. The second goal was scored while he was sulking over a free kick that wasn't awarded to him. He is constantly distracted by what he perceives to be injustice towards him instead of concentrating on playing for the team. He was originally brought into a tight-knit squad who were performing well at the time and working hard for each other to get results,and right from the start started squabbling and sulking over the taking of penalties and free-kicks. I really wonder if he has unsettled the team spirit which would explain the managers continually selecting LJL over him in recent games. I'm not trying to blame him for tonight's defeat as we were already struggling to get back into the game before he came on but I certainly felt his lack of concentration and selfish play didn't help as we were trying to save the game.

Interesting thoughts. At the time he was signed I made comments to the effect that he might well turn out to be a really disruptive influence and I didn't really want him, and I got absolutley slammed for it on here.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 25
dapperz fun pub
March 12, 2013, 10:44pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,080
Gold Stars: 85
Quoted from chaos33

Interesting thoughts. At the time he was signed I made comments to the effect that he might well turn out to be a really disruptive influence and I didn't really want him, and I got absolutley slammed for it on here.

Thats how it rolls on here  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 25
SteveL
March 12, 2013, 10:47pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: +30
Quoted from Mariner56

What a total load of bollox

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 25
80sglory
March 12, 2013, 10:50pm
Guest User
Quoted from chaos33

Well that's just what happens.
Rightly or wrongly think people are generally fearful of players becoming a target.

tbh not much you can do anyway once they're already here.

So you've got to give players time and just ride with it.
What I don't like is when fans expect miracles straight away.
I'm already waiting for the inevitable "Hearn's not the player he once was" after ONE game.  

Reply: 8 - 25
FishOutOfWater
March 12, 2013, 10:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.13
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,590
Gold Stars: 37
So it looks like Brodie is tonight's scapegoat and not LJL...

Why not just accept the defeat happened for reasons other than "disruptive" or "misguided" signings?

I wasn't there but the general concensus from the commentary and reports I've heard from those who did go was it was a good Town performance and deserved a better outcome

Some people go on about us playing poorly and winning and then we play well and lose and the moaners are still out baying for blood

I just don't get it...we're 5th in the league, we've got 11 games left, so 33 points to aim for and if we are not promoted automatically at least we have strength in depth to try and get us up via the play offs

UTM GTID
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 9 - 25
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Players falling out

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.