Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Sincil Bank capacity, a question.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 185 Guests

Sincil Bank capacity, a question.

This thread currently has 2,706 views. Print
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
hertfordshire mariner
December 19, 2012, 10:06pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +34
Quoted from GrimsbyLad
There hasn't been an incident with Lincoln since 2005 at there place i don't think so why the need for a over the top police presence , it will be the same at Mansfield on the 29th aswell Nottingham Police and them over the top mansfield stewards trying to kick as many town fans out for standing up , sharp objects !

The only problem I had at Mansfield last year was the que to get in, the stewards and police I spoke to or saw people speaking to wear friendly and polite. There was about 600 of us though so it might be a differant story with 1000+

"Form a string quartet, and pretend your name is Keith"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 18
jock dock tower
December 19, 2012, 10:17pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
At Birmingham City this year they've undergone a sea change in policing, and how they interact with fans. Instead of being the normal kind of in-yer-face-matchday-cop they're now more "ambassadors" of the club, assisting fans rather than railroading them, and chatting with them instead of shouting "move on, herd 'em up"

Policing inside the ground is kept to a minimum, with extra stewards instead, also all working from the same remit. Result? Football as it should be watched, arrests down, and everyone seemingly happy. Is it too much to think that a poky wee derby (in terms of population, not emotion) between us could not be played out in a similar vein, with decent seating allocation where needed for Town fans? Is it really too much to ask, or does Burton dog us wherever we go?

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 18
bobbyturtle
December 19, 2012, 11:49pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +29 / -4
Approval: +954
Gold Stars: 18
Quoted from Helgy
Heard they have repaired the plastic seats in the stadium using the ones under the tarpauline so those seats now cannot be used.
The capacity is around 9500.

Icenian Prediction League 2015 (Game 2) winner
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 18
RoboCod
December 20, 2012, 7:48am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from jock dock tower
At Birmingham City this year they've undergone a sea change in policing, and how they interact with fans. Instead of being the normal kind of in-yer-face-matchday-cop they're now more "ambassadors" of the club, assisting fans rather than railroading them, and chatting with them instead of shouting "move on, herd 'em up"

Policing inside the ground is kept to a minimum, with extra stewards instead, also all working from the same remit. Result? Football as it should be watched, arrests down, and everyone seemingly happy. Is it too much to think that a poky wee derby (in terms of population, not emotion) between us could not be played out in a similar vein, with decent seating allocation where needed for Town fans? Is it really too much to ask, or does Burton dog us wherever we go?

That's interesting. Back in the 90's following Buckley's team around, the midlands police were about the worst. Very petty and spiteful. Seems like we've still to emerge into the modern day for policing.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 18
WOZOFGRIMSBY
December 20, 2012, 9:24am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +9,097
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from RoboCod

That's interesting. Back in the 90's following Buckley's team around, the midlands police were about the worst. Very petty and spiteful. Seems like we've still to emerge into the modern day for policing.

Totally agree. Remember being thrown into many away ends in the west mids by heavy handed rozzers. West brom and birm city being terrible places to go. And even a 0-0 evening match at Walsall was particularly ott!

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 18
Gainsbro_Mariner
December 20, 2012, 3:34pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +27 / -2
Approval: +1,459
Gold Stars: 15
Back around the turn of the millenium they used to house the away fans in the Stacey West stand behind the goal to the left of where we are normally sat. That would of been better for us as we would pack that to the rafters, but from what I can gather teams in Divison Three at the time would only half fill it, so they moved them back into the Co-op stand so they could adjust the segregation line for smaller or bigger games.

I remember they did used to allocate the stand to the right to away fans as well for the bigger games as well as the segregated section in the Co-op. I think, well I would hope Lincoln fans would pack the ground out for our visit, but Sincil Bank is like a ghost town nowadays with just drips and drabs and blotches of fans sat in all stands. It certainly shows the size of the fan base even compared to ours. 7,000 empty seats if that on a regular basis. I actually think we would out number Lincoln fans in there own ground if we had an equal allocation.

Tony Gallimore nicked my Pint and my sausage roll
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 18
aldi_01
December 20, 2012, 6:50pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
They moved away fans out of the Stacey West because the Gimps fans said that a stand named after two lincoln fans who sadly lost their lives shouldn't house away fans. However, i can also see logic to the argument of moving them because of poor turnouts although Lincoln are hardly in a position to moan about away followings given that theirs are shocking. It must have been easier to police though?

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 18
TownSNAFU5
December 20, 2012, 9:21pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,908
Gold Stars: 42
The police at WBA were back back in the early 80s. At Xmas time.   Somebody near me started singing and 2 coppers got hold of him and took him out.  He had literally not done anything.   We kept quiet after that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 18
TownSNAFU5
December 20, 2012, 9:21pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,908
Gold Stars: 42
The police at WBA were back back in the early 80s. At Xmas time.   Somebody near me started singing and 2 coppers got hold of him and took him out.  He had literally not done anything.   We kept quiet after that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 18
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Sincil Bank capacity, a question.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.