Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Sincil Bank capacity, a question.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 160 Guests

Sincil Bank capacity, a question.

This thread currently has 2,705 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
jock dock tower
December 19, 2012, 12:48pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
But for Mansfield turning them over, Lincoln would be facing Liverpool in the 3rd round of the F.A. Cup. Had plans been put in place for allocation of tickets for that game, and if so, what was the ground capacity for it? Does it differ from the ground capacity limit for Town's visit, and if so, why?

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
shotandcursed
December 19, 2012, 1:01pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +19 / -33
Approval: -1
If Liverpool had gone to SB. . . it would have been a celebration of football

when gtfc rock up, the carnage will be on a par with dresden and nagasaki combined!

I haven't a clue! (said a spokesmen fro lincolndhire ob)

"Did the mods take this into account, when aaron slobbers all over threads with his garbage and attention seeking posts ( though not always) that when he gets put in his place, he could abuse his position and delete comments and block members- no offence but he's the sort of mammary that would do this. the whole decision is beyond belief imo" Hagrid

"Mi5 has limited resources so like it or not the EDL if it was clever enough would plug the gap." Marinerz93

"twit!" Super Clive
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 18
cod.gtfc
December 19, 2012, 1:03pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +31 / -14
Approval: -1
Ground capacity dosn't change its currently just over 10000, I believe they can hold around 2300 away fans but that depends on how much segregation they put in between the away fans and home fans as they are both in the same stand. The stand holds 5700 altogther.

Playing us will be considered a high risk game by the police and requires more segregation hence why they have limited the away fans to 1747.

In the FA cup a visiting club is entitled to claim upto 15% of available tickets providing it is in a fully segregated area.  So on that basis Liverpool could only claim upto around 1500 tickets and it would be down to Lincoln to provide more if they wished.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 18
Marinerz93
December 19, 2012, 3:55pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.55
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Officially 10,500 but with the standing area's they have you can cram more in unless Boston visit then it will be less due to the 5XL  

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 18
NorfolkImp
December 19, 2012, 5:22pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +11 / -10
Approval: -524
Gold Stars: 11
I've often wondered why a Manchester & Glasgow derby can go ahead with a thin line of stewards and the odd bobby dotted between them, quite happily ...... but for an Imps/Cods fixture they need half the Stand as segregation as Lincs OB cack themselves with fear that its WW3  

How on earth did their forefathers cope with Derby & Sheff Utd back in the 80's, now that was a real invasion?

Private Message
Reply: 4 - 18
Helgy
December 19, 2012, 6:12pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +118
Heard they have repaired the plastic seats in the stadium using the ones under the tarpauline so those seats now cannot be used.
The capacity is around 9500.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 18
Brough Mariner
December 19, 2012, 6:23pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Approval: +35
Quoted from NorfolkImp
I've often wondered why a Manchester & Glasgow derby can go ahead with a thin line of stewards and the odd bobby dotted between them, quite happily ...... but for an Imps/Cods fixture they need half the Stand as segregation as Lincs OB cack themselves with fear that its WW3  

How on earth did their forefathers cope with Derby & Sheff Utd back in the 80's, now that was a real invasion?

Thank god for some sensible conversation.

You're quite right Kev, been to Rome derby and Vienna derby this season, both of which went ahead without any problem.

One could argue that the local rossers are trying to make a name for themselves.

I will be in the home end due to all this stool water regards ticket allocation and I guess I'll won't be the only one.

"There are two types of women in the world, those who charge for blow jobs and those who don't. In my experience, those who don't end up costing you more money in the long run." Charlie Sheen
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 18
aldi_01
December 19, 2012, 6:44pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Lincolnshire police are woeful at organising anything be it a football match, concert, market etc.

May be if they backed off, allowed fans to breathe so to speak and let the day flow everyone would be happier. However what will happen is a load of over zealous coppers claiming over time will herd and push people to places they don't want to go. They'll annoy people because they'll want to 'stamp their authority'. They'll assume everyone is semacbag who wants to fight in their knock off and snide stone island jumper tey got formas off the market and it'll just rile even the calmest man.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 18
WOZOFGRIMSBY
December 19, 2012, 6:46pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +9,097
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from cod.gtfc

Playing us will be considered a high risk game by the police and requires more segregation hence why they have limited the away fans to 1747.

Right, so with The game being "high risk" why on earth are they not giving more allocation to town? I can only see this being so there is extra demand for police overtime as they know town fans WILL be going into the home areas.
Season ticket holders not being moved is mumbo jumbo IMHO. LCFC could make (estimated) upwards of £10000 from selling an extra 500 or so seats. Is it just a case of the clubs and/or authority just cutting their noses off to spite their faces?

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 18
GrimsbyLad
December 19, 2012, 6:56pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +7 / -2
There hasn't been an incident with Lincoln since 2005 at there place i don't think so why the need for a over the top police presence , it will be the same at Mansfield on the 29th aswell Nottingham Police and them over the top mansfield stewards trying to kick as many town fans out for standing up , sharp objects !
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 18
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Sincil Bank capacity, a question.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.