This thread currently has 6,117 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Alfie
December 21, 2012, 4:27pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +22 / -11
Approval: +159
And for anyone underestimating the power of geography, this is a fella that left a huge club like Bradford City to sign for Crawley Town when they were a league below Bradford.
If he has an offer from a team down south, he'll be gone. We shouldn't undermine negotiations with other players and the current squad to try and sign a player who obviously wants to go back home.

Thanks Scott and all the best.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 61
GtfcGarner
December 21, 2012, 4:36pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +30 / -14
Approval: +1,809
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from 75

I disagree.

Marshall doesn't mind running at players but he lacks a final ball and can't finish. Neilson is ten times the player of Marshall IMO. Neilson always looks like he has time on the ball - the sign of a good player. Would be a real blow if we miss out on him but he has a downside too. From the outside looking in, purely from watching him he tried to do too much at times, doesn't release players when he can and what happened when he kicked out and got send off concerns me. But he could well be the best player in the BSP if he chooses to drop down to us or Luton as I don't see any other BSP club having the clout do get him to drop out of the league.

I agree Jase, and probably me thinking now that he is just a little too comfortable on the ball at times, All of the best players have quite a bad attitude though, Messi is an exception.. I just think Marshall is an old school winger who opponents don't know how to combat, but thats just my POV.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 61
rancido
December 21, 2012, 4:43pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,674
Gold Stars: 102
If Scott ends up somewhere else, which I hope he doesn't, then I'm sure The Dynamic Duo have somebody in their sights already. They knew this situation could occur when they signed him and if past actions are anything to go by then they already have somebody in mind.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 61
Garth
December 21, 2012, 4:43pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from 75

Hopefully we're not talking, we're doing. But I'd have thought Luton would be favourites to sign him now due to location and they are perhaps the only BSP that can outwedge usJohn unless weJohn will really push the boat out.

There you go
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 61
Les Brechin
December 21, 2012, 4:51pm

Posts Per Day: 4.16
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,730
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from 75

I disagree.

Marshall doesn't mind running at players but he lacks a final ball and can't finish.

I agree that Nielson is the better of the 2 players, but I'm sure I saw you at Ebbsfleet, or were you still in the bar when Marshall scored.  

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 61
mariner91
December 21, 2012, 4:52pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,838
Gold Stars: 264
Quoted from Garth

There you go

His poor chairmanship is part of the reason we're down here. He can shell out a bit to rectify it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 61
Abdul19
December 21, 2012, 5:01pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.40
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,634
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from Alfie

He's technically registered as our player until tomorrow though. Has a big game for us tonight and Buckle is talking about him in a press conference today.

You can bet your bottom dollar that these two wouldn't be talking about any of Luton's loan players, or any other club's players for that matter, in the press on the day of a big game.

Yeah, I can see your point, but I doubt it'll unsettle him as I assume he'll have known of Luton's interest for a while.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 61
Codswede
December 21, 2012, 5:17pm

Upper Findus
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +300
Yeah, agree with many above in that S&H will bring in a quality player to replace him, have mentioned before that I haven't known any of their loan signings being a disappointment (holding my breath with Rankine), and they really do seem to realise the abilities of each player. Great that none of our good players are missing out due to 'not being the manager's cup of tea', as happens in so many teams. Agree with S&H in that attitude can count for more than ability in football.

ATAW
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 61
Trawler
December 21, 2012, 5:18pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +33 / -4
Approval: +915
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Abdul19

Yeah, I can see your point, but I doubt it'll unsettle him as I assume he'll have known of Luton's interest for a while.

Agreed - presumably he'll want to play out of his skin tonight to strengthen his hand with all the clubs showing interest.

A MOM performance  in the offing?

"Pound for pound, and class for class, the best football team I have seen in England since the war. In the league they were in they played football nobody else could play. Everything was measured, planned and perfected and you could not wish to see more entertaining football." Bill Shankly, Manager GTFC 1951-54
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 61
cod.gtfc
December 21, 2012, 5:26pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +31 / -14
Approval: -1
Quoted from AdamHaddock
Maybe if someone takes Artus off our hands in January we can offer Neilson a cracking deal, beyond what Luton could afford. If we can get rid of Elding and use his wages to beat Luton to Jolley that would be hilarious

As I already said in another thread Luton don't even have to offer more money than us, they can offer less because of the location factor. If we want Neilson we have to offer more than Luton just to get him to move here. Its unlikely we can afford to do that or even want to do that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 61
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Scott Neilson

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.