7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
davmariner
December 17, 2012, 12:52pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -11
Approval: +4,987
Gold Stars: 79
From what RS said on the radio post Havant and Waterlooville it seems that today is decision day as to whether Scott Neilson will return in January or seek new pastures. I think the wise thing for him to do would be to stay, he is an important player for us, knows the players and managers, and is part of a relatively successful team. However, I have a gut feeling that he won't want to stay on due to the situation regarding location.

Maybe we could give him a couple of hundred quid extra a week to convince him to stay? Surely it would be worth it in the long run if we get promoted to L2. For me, Scott Neilson is a must keep, more so than Hannah if I'm honest because in the matches where he hasn't played we haven't looked anywhere near as much of a threat compared to when he's been in the side.

If he does go then who could we replace him with? Could we maybe look to bring Conor Townsend back in when his loan at Chesterfield ends? From what I hear he hasn't been playing much there. Thomas and Townsend for me would provide a solid defensive foundation but also a threatening attacking force.

Any thoughts?

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Alfie
December 17, 2012, 12:59pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +22 / -11
Approval: +159
People need to seriously forget about Towsend. That lad won't play another non-league game again in his life.

Think it's 50/50 with Neilson. I'll be surprised if anything is done before he goes back but could see him joining on loan until the end of the season (at best!).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 61
cod.gtfc
December 17, 2012, 12:59pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +31 / -14
Approval: -1
Agreed we need to keep him, but Hannah is far more important, hes a goalscorer, which nobody else is doing consistanty. we have 3 or 4 wingers if Neilson dosn't stay.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 61
Rodley Mariner
December 17, 2012, 1:01pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,279
Gold Stars: 185
For no reason at all and without any evidence, I have a horrible feeling he's going to end up at Luton.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 61
cod.gtfc
December 17, 2012, 1:04pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +31 / -14
Approval: -1
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
For no reason at all and without any evidence, I have a horrible feeling he's going to end up at Luton.

Wouldn't worry about that if he did, going forward is the least of Luton's problems.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 61
porkies
December 17, 2012, 1:26pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Neilson has a history of starting brightly at clubs then fading away. Maybe we've seen the best of him? He's not the most dedicated professional in the world!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 61
Devonmatt
December 17, 2012, 1:31pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +19 / -3
Approval: +18
Quoted from cod.gtfc

Wouldn't worry about that if he did, going forward is the least of Luton's problems.

Spot on Cod.  Not trying to suggest that Luton are not a threat, clearly they are, but they have plenty of problems of their own.  Smith going back to York has left them short of any bite in the middles of the park and Buckle isn't, by all accounts, very confident in the make up of his back four.  Any run of poor results will see the Luton faithful turn on the manager with impressive speed.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 61
jonnyboy82
December 17, 2012, 2:31pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.27
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Scott neilson is a quality player and for me i really hope we sign him.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 61
Stew0_0
December 17, 2012, 4:07pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +1,197
Gold Stars: 35
Mentioned in the telegraph that our location could be a problem. Think if a club down London way offer him something then its goodbye.
Definately need to keep Hannah and Pond and maybe extend Marshall's loan till end of season
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 61
Madeleymariner
December 17, 2012, 4:09pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,076
Gold Stars: 52
I think we should look to get Marshall permanently, he can only get better
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 61
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Scott Neilson

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.