This thread currently has 8,635 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
hertfordshire mariner
December 17, 2012, 11:25pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +34
Think I might go to this one, only 40 mins away. The ground looks like it could be the most tinpot I've ever visited.

"Form a string quartet, and pretend your name is Keith"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 50
WOZOFGRIMSBY
December 18, 2012, 9:38am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +9,098
Gold Stars: 196
Hoping to make it will spoil the mrs with a football match for the first time maybe too

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 50
forza ivano
December 18, 2012, 11:02am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,305
Gold Stars: 266
Think I might go to this one, only 40 mins away. The ground looks like it could be the most tinpot I've ever visited.

bit unfair me thinks - looks pretty decent imho

http://www.google.co.uk/search........1ac.1.fOH04hGdiy8
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 50
ponnyfan
December 18, 2012, 8:54pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.43
Rep Score: +36 / -3
Approval: +94
Quoted from Paris Mariner
The people who complain about this trophy are the same people who no doubt complained about the JPT but are happy to jump on the band wagon and buy tickets for the semi-final and final. They no doubt take the place of people who have been to several games during the season but when it comes to buying tickets for the semi, for example, are unable to travel to GY to queue and so miss out.

It's pathetic, a trophy is a trophy and we are not a club with such an illustriously decorated trophy cabinet that we can be turning up our noses at one.

We have proved ourselves in 97/98 that you can fight on several fronts (remember, we had decent FA and League Cup runs that season too) and York City proved it in the Conference last season. Not to mention, countless top flight teams etc etc (yes, they have humongous squads but that's not the point).

If you don't want to go to the FAT games, fine, but don't bore us with it on here before and after every single round. I'm happy we've progressed - it breeds a winning mentality after 10 years of a losing one, we get our share of the prize fund, it's a potential trip to Wembley and I love it when the Town win 4-0 no matter who it's against!
Well said PM. When we went to Wembley in the Jpt i went to every single match and saw some great games, the semi at Edgeley Park being a classic awayday and a great atmosphere. I have not been to an away day this season due to family health issues, but i an hoping to get to Welling in the NY. I don't see this as g "excrement cup" but another opportunity on the road to recovery. See you at Welling - UTM!

The Icenian Prediction League Winner 2011  .......the first Champion!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 50
ponnyfan
December 18, 2012, 8:59pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.43
Rep Score: +36 / -3
Approval: +94
Quoted from Paris Mariner
The people who complain about this trophy are the same people who no doubt complained about the JPT but are happy to jump on the band wagon and buy tickets for the semi-final and final. They no doubt take the place of people who have been to several games during the season but when it comes to buying tickets for the semi, for example, are unable to travel to GY to queue and so miss out.

It's pathetic, a trophy is a trophy and we are not a club with such an illustriously decorated trophy cabinet that we can be turning up our noses at one.

We have proved ourselves in 97/98 that you can fight on several fronts (remember, we had decent FA and League Cup runs that season too) and York City proved it in the Conference last season. Not to mention, countless top flight teams etc etc (yes, they have humongous squads but that's not the point).

If you don't want to go to the FAT games, fine, but don't bore us with it on here before and after every single round. I'm happy we've progressed - it breeds a winning mentality after 10 years of a losing one, we get our share of the prize fund, it's a potential trip to Wembley and I love it when the Town win 4-0 no matter who it's against!
Well said PM. When we went to Wembley in the Jpt i went to every single match and saw some great games, the semi at Edgeley Park being a classic awayday and a great atmosphere. I have not been to an away day this season due to family health issues, but i an hoping to get to Welling in the NY. I don't see this as g "excrement cup" but another opportunity on the road to recovery. See you at Welling - UTM!

The Icenian Prediction League Winner 2011  .......the first Champion!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 50
moosey_club
December 18, 2012, 10:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,339
Gold Stars: 229
You can have my ticket for wembley if we get there, will be watching on the telly for once as i was so disappointed with Wembley as a venue last time out.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 50
grimsby pete
December 19, 2012, 5:33pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.78
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,842
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from moosey_club
You can have my ticket for wembley if we get there, will be watching on the telly for once as i was so disappointed with Wembley as a venue last time out.

Yeh !  terrible stadium  , posts everywhere , made Blundell Park look modern,

Hang on , that was the old Wembley,

Please tell whats wrong with the new stadium.

Over 37 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             69 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 50
supertown
December 19, 2012, 5:36pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,485
Gold Stars: 53
Quoted from moosey_club

what! Its fab, apart from getting out the car park
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 50
moosey_club
December 19, 2012, 10:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,339
Gold Stars: 229
Quoted from grimsby pete

Yeh !  terrible stadium  , posts everywhere , made Blundell Park look modern,

Hang on , that was the old Wembley,

Please tell whats wrong with the new stadium.

Its not special.
Felt like i was sitting at Cardiff or many other modern stadia.
The experience for me was not there, the old Wembley had a certain majesty about it, big open stadium flooded with natural light.
The new one a cold, concrete and steel fairly enclosed stadium.
Yes facilities were good but as i made my way through the concourse into the arena i just felt......oh...........no tingle, no hairs on the back of the neck standing up......just did nothing for me.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 50
hertfordshire mariner
December 20, 2012, 12:42am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +34
Quoted from forza ivano

bit unfair me thinks - looks pretty decent imho

http://www.google.co.uk/search........1ac.1.fOH04hGdiy8

Yeah tbf I only looked at it on google earth, and it looks like a bit of grass with 2 bus stops, a bike rack and a shed for stands. Doesn't look so bad on your pics.

"Form a string quartet, and pretend your name is Keith"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 50
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Away to Welling

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.