Chrisblor
December 17, 2012, 11:50am

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +53 / -18
Approval: +8,989
Gold Stars: 243
Does anyone know when the Nuneaton fixture we were originally meant to play on January 12th has been rescheduled for? Or is it still to be decided?

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 50
Southwark Mariner
December 17, 2012, 11:52am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,574
Gold Stars: 84
please remind me what date this Welling fixture is going to be played?

edit don't worry! I found it, 12th January
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 50
BIGChris
December 17, 2012, 11:56am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.96
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
400 mile round trip.

Uncertain whether i will make this one
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 50
Super Clive
December 17, 2012, 12:14pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
Quoted from Chrisblor
Good draw, gives us a decent chance of progressing. Contrary to some opinions this is not a excrement tournament. There's decent prize money on offer in each round and we could get a trip to Wembley out of it.

not that bad to be fair! My only problem with It is we don't have a big squad and with injuries etc our first victim being colbeck. Although to be fair Scott said the other day that they are going to add a few to the squad in Jan if we are still in the cup.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 50
RoboCod
December 17, 2012, 12:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
I reckon Lutons name is on this trophy. Which could be good, distract them a bit and put all their efforts into getting to the final.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 50
aaron rattray
December 17, 2012, 12:31pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
Their man to watch is mr hughes mason who was unlucky not to get a deal here

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 50
Dan
December 17, 2012, 12:35pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +36 / -17
Approval: +551
Only 10 miles away so worth a trip Been waiting for an away draw in this for a while.

£92,000 in prize money for progressing and winning the tournament, and a cheeky Wembley trip too. Certainly won't hurt us to go for this, and we've probably got depth in the squad that it shouldn't affect our league effort too much. We should be able to knock out these small southern teams with the reserves.

Quoted from John Fenty, April 2013
I deconstructed the flag to the point where it was safe and couldn’t be considered a danger
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 50
Mariner16
December 17, 2012, 12:35pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: +476
Gold Stars: 4
This game may not be confirmed yet to be played on the Saturday as a team called Erith FC groundshare with them, and they are at home. Welling were due to be away at Bath City.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 50
Paris Mariner
December 17, 2012, 12:52pm
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
The people who complain about this trophy are the same people who no doubt complained about the JPT but are happy to jump on the band wagon and buy tickets for the semi-final and final. They no doubt take the place of people who have been to several games during the season but when it comes to buying tickets for the semi, for example, are unable to travel to GY to queue and so miss out.

It's pathetic, a trophy is a trophy and we are not a club with such an illustriously decorated trophy cabinet that we can be turning up our noses at one.

We have proved ourselves in 97/98 that you can fight on several fronts (remember, we had decent FA and League Cup runs that season too) and York City proved it in the Conference last season. Not to mention, countless top flight teams etc etc (yes, they have humongous squads but that's not the point).

If you don't want to go to the FAT games, fine, but don't bore us with it on here before and after every single round. I'm happy we've progressed - it breeds a winning mentality after 10 years of a losing one, we get our share of the prize fund, it's a potential trip to Wembley and I love it when the Town win 4-0 no matter who it's against!

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 18 - 50
arryarryarry
December 17, 2012, 2:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,019
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from Paris Mariner
The people who complain about this trophy are the same people who no doubt complained about the JPT but are happy to jump on the band wagon and buy tickets for the semi-final and final. They no doubt take the place of people who have been to several games during the season but when it comes to buying tickets for the semi, for example, are unable to travel to GY to queue and so miss out.

It's pathetic, a trophy is a trophy and we are not a club with such an illustriously decorated trophy cabinet that we can be turning up our noses at one.

We have proved ourselves in 97/98 that you can fight on several fronts (remember, we had decent FA and League Cup runs that season too) and York City proved it in the Conference last season. Not to mention, countless top flight teams etc etc (yes, they have humongous squads but that's not the point).

If you don't want to go to the FAT games, fine, but don't bore us with it on here before and after every single round. I'm happy we've progressed - it breeds a winning mentality after 10 years of a losing one, we get our share of the prize fund, it's a potential trip to Wembley and I love it when the Town win 4-0 no matter who it's against!

Whilst I agree with most of your points i doubt any Town fans have missed a final because they couldn't get tickets, I don't think we have sold out any of our allocations for the finals we have been in.
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 50
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Away to Welling

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.