Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › colbeck or coulson????
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 109 Guests

colbeck or coulson????

This thread currently has 2,752 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
LukeyJ
December 17, 2012, 12:11am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +9 / 0
I think Coulson was one of our highest paid players. For example if Coulson was on £1500 and refused £1200 yet Colbeck is on £800, you could see why that choice would be made.

We don't know the facts, so we can't comment. Obviously Coulson is a better player but quality is not the only factor in this. If you can get multiple good players for the wage of 1, it is a good decision.

Does anyone have assists stats for this season? I know Colbeck has multiple assists. I'd like to see the facts on this but I think he is somewhat underated and unforunately is behind 2 better/in form players. No shame in that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 35
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
December 17, 2012, 12:19am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,698
Gold Stars: 72
Quoted from LukeyJ
I think Coulson was one of our highest paid players. For example if Coulson was on £1500 and refused £1200 yet Colbeck is on £800, you could see why that choice would be made.

We don't know the facts, so we can't comment. Obviously Coulson is a better player but quality is not the only factor in this. If you can get multiple good players for the wage of 1, it is a good decision.

Does anyone have assists stats for this season? I know Colbeck has multiple assists. I'd like to see the facts on this but I think he is somewhat underated and unforunately is behind 2 better/in form players. No shame in that.

According to the offical site colbeck so far has 2 goals and 5 assists, more assists than anyone. Also im thinking they might not be counting corners and free kicks as assists because I would've thought that would be higher and im almost certain scott neilsen would have more than 3 assists.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 35
December 17, 2012, 12:21am
Guest User
Quoted from LukeyJ

Exactly. The fans never have and never will know all the facts That goes wth squad selections, contracts, transfers etc...

That makes arguments over which player is best pointless as we only know half of it, at best.
Reply: 22 - 35
TAGG
December 17, 2012, 12:41am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,940
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from merge shottx
for me its a no brainer ,coulson scored more goals (important ones as well) more assists ,generally in my opinion a better player ? seems 2 me colbeck has bad attitude ,continually frustrates the managers and doesnt do enough for me ,cant beleive we let coulson go if colbeck was lined up as his replacement???

Coulson is a class player. Hes gone up the league and Colbeck has come down.

What evidence do you have for Colbeck having a bad attitude???
How do you know he 'continually frustrates the managers???  Do you go and watch training or are you in the dressing room????
When I have seen Colbeck play he has seemed to give 100% but hes just not that good.  

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 35
oldun
December 17, 2012, 9:24am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
I seem to remember plenty of people having a go at Coulson before he left, questioning why he was almost always in the team. Memories are short and the old days always seem the best. Anyway it is history, just get behind the players who are wearing the shirt now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 35
Stew0_0
December 17, 2012, 9:30am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +1,205
Gold Stars: 35
Colbeck has the ability and pace to go past his full back, but his final delivery is really poor, most deliveries being cut out by the defender at the front post. Why we've got him taking corners is beyond me.
He's ok at this level but definately would need to look elsewhere when we get promoted.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 35
arryarryarry
December 17, 2012, 9:50am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,034
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from 3610

The cult of s&h? What's that exactly? Balancing the books and getting in quality players that care and work for their place?

They will learn from who? Woods or newell?

In what way?

Private Message
Reply: 26 - 35
December 17, 2012, 10:45am
Guest User
Quoted from arryarryarry

In what way?

The budget is reducing. They got the higher earners of the books and replaced them with younger hungrier players Mckeown for Arthur, Pearson for kempson as examples.
Reply: 27 - 35
brigg_mariner
December 17, 2012, 10:51am

UTM...!!!
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +116
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from LukeyJ
If you can get multiple good players for the wage of 1, it is a good decision.

Couldn't agree more.

The Icenian Prediction League Winner 2012 (Part 2)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 35
arryarryarry
December 17, 2012, 10:58am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,034
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from 3610

The budget is reducing. They got the higher earners of the books and replaced them with younger hungrier players Mckeown for Arthur, Pearson for kempson as examples.

Neither Arthur or Kempson would have been kept on whoever was manager so they aren't down to the current managers.

Private Message
Reply: 29 - 35
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › colbeck or coulson????

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.